• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

This is silly. I would bet a LOT of those dunks are fastbreak dunks off steals. Lakers have never been a fastbreak team in the Kobe era.

Also, you can't use dunks as a metric for aggressiveness at the rim. For example, a guy like Rondo probably has more points in the paint than most guards but he rarely dunks.

The only difference btw. prime Kobe and today's superstars is that he always attacked the basket with the intent to actually score the ball so he rarely initiated the contact. These days, guys are rewarded with fts for blatant offensive fouls if they're a big enough name..

Yeah, and Rondo doesn't dunk so he doesn't get fouled as much. Tony Parker once led the league in point in the paint but his layups were mostly uncontested from freeing himself up, so not nearly as many fouls.

Durant's calls are mostly legit; he's getting hit in the body and arms. It's Westbrook's calls which are a joke.

I don't know why it's surprising. Durant is 6'9 with a crazy wingspan. he's going to get fouled more in the paint as a result than Kobe, who is pushing 6'4.

Yeah, and Rondo doesn't dunk so he doesn't get fouled as much. Tony Parker once led the league in point in the paint but his layups were mostly uncontested from freeing himself up, so not nearly as many fouls.

Durant's calls are mostly legit; he's getting hit in the body and arms. It's Westbrook's calls which are a joke.

I don't know why it's surprising. Durant is 6'9 with a crazy wingspan. he's going to get fouled more in the paint as a result than Kobe, who is pushing 6'4.
really? i thought he was 6'6'',6'5'' at the minimum.

nah i dont know about 6 10, when hes standing next to lebron hes just barely taller, 6 9 sounds right

Lebron is 6'10 at least.

Durant is atlleast 6'10 and Kobe is not 6'4 i work with a guy who is 6'4 Kobe is tyaller

I've stood next to Kobe. I'd be surprised if he's above 6'5.

pretty sure Durant is closer to 6'11, I've seen him standing next to Dwight and he might be taller.

Yeah, he might be 6'11 now. I think Howard is really 6'10 at best.

Sucks, He was having a great year

Wow.

LeBron officially measured at 6'8, but he wore shoes that were a lot smaller than most at the combine (.75 inches compared to an average of around 1.25 or 1.5 inches)

USA_basketball_teamcopy.jpg

Guys, I am pretty sure that MIO is the worst thing in your water because it 1) Tastes like shitty kool aid 2) Makes you constantly pee

Shabazz Muhammad is scoring mostly based on the fact that he's sabotaging UCLA's defense by constantly attacking the offensive glass (and not playing much transition D in the process), leaking out on defensive rebounds, and using no energy on defense.

His floater and three point shot make him a lottery pick, but he shouldn't go as high as he's projected with his lack of skill, athleticism, and fucks. McLemore has the same issue of no handles, but he crushes Shabazz athletically and is a much better prospect I think.

pilonv1

Rusty Simmons ‏@Rusty_SFChron

Stephen Curry (right ankle) thinks he has talked coach Mark Jackson and GM Bob Myers into letting him play tonight vs. New Orleans.

welp

Rusty Simmons ‏@Rusty_SFChron

Steph Curry (ankle) is in. David Lee (ankle) is out. Warriors coach Mark Jackson makes it official.

welp welp

charsace

Shabazz Muhammad is scoring mostly based on the fact that he's sabotaging UCLA's defense by constantly attacking the offensive glass (and not playing much transition D in the process), leaking out on defensive rebounds, and using no energy on defense.

His floater and three point shot make him a lottery pick, but he shouldn't go as high as he's projected with his lack of skill, athleticism, and fucks. McLemore has the same issue of no handles, but he crushes Shabazz athletically and is a much better prospect I think.

Just happy I'm not the only one who thinks he lacks ball handling skills. I still don't understand how people compared him to Harden. Right now Shabazz is an undersized 3 offensively.

Canuck76

Banned

I've watched him that Missouri game, and i was impressed. He was hitting big time 3's and balling hard. I was surprised by his lack of dribbling ability with the right arm though. He can post pretty well on the left block but i've rarely seen him go right on anything.

I think he's better than Mclemore though. I've seen just a wee bit of Mclemore, but does he do more than pop 3's and score in transition? I'm being serious, i'm sure you've watched more than me but he looks like a more athletic wesley mathews from what little i've seen.

I've watched him that Missouri game, and i was impressed. He was hitting big time 3's and balling hard. I was surprised by his lack of dribbling ability with the right arm though. He can post pretty well on the left block but i've rarely seen him go right on anything.

I think he's better than Mclemore though. I've seen just a wee bit of Mclemore, but does he do more than pop 3's and score in transition? I'm being serious, i'm sure you've watched more than me but he looks like a more athletic wesley mathews from what little i've seen.

McLemore might not be much more than a more athletic Matthews, but Shabazz looks like a bench player who probably can't handle being a bench player.

forgot to say last night that im totally sold on OJ mayo being a legit all star caliber 2 guard. I know what a mediocre or barely better than average 2 guard is (ie Demar Derozan) and Mayo is far and away above that.

linsivvi

as a slashing guard, hes pretty aight. he should only ever shoot the ball on wide open shots tho, that jumper of his is mad ugly, especially when he misses.

He's missing wide open shots though. If he wants to earn his contract he will need to put some serious work on his jumpers in the summer.

DominoKid

mclemore is a boss. i think he'll be good in the nba.

as a slashing guard, hes pretty aight. he should only ever shoot the ball on wide open shots tho, that jumper of his is mad ugly, especially when he misses.

its mindblowing how bad it is in 2k. i used to think he could shoot.

exarkun

Harden's D is lazy as fuck.

Beverly is so aggressive. Lin is not. He defers to Harden, but Beverly is allowed to be aggressive by Harden because by the time Beverly gets in Harden is usually tired/about to be subbed out. I also hate the Harden-iso when he doesn't get the call. Because it turns into an old-Lin type of turnover: end up in the paint with nowhere to go and just chunk it at the person he thinks its over.

Annnnnnd right on que Harden does that.

Top Bottom