• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

cdyhybrid

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
BREAKING: Source tells me deal on Kings-to-#Seattle to be announced soon, perhaps as early as Monday/Tuesday. #NBA

rando14

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
BREAKING: Source tells me deal on Kings-to-#Seattle to be announced soon, perhaps as early as Monday/Tuesday. #NBA

receipts.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Just going online now: Maloofs have struck deal to sell 65 percent of Kings to Chris Hansen group in Seattle for $525 million, sources say

wat

Cloudy

Banned
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Sources say deal calls for Maloofs to receive non-refundable $30 million from the Hansen group by Feb. 1 whether or not sale is approved

This is like a merger deal lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
With sale finalized, NBA's Relocation Committee will approve Kings move to Seattle for next season, sources tell Y! "Formality," source says

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It's such a shame that the NBA has to leave Sacramento. I can't believe how much the Maloofs screwed up an awesome basketball market. I loved those Webber-lead teams of the early aughts.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Sorry Kings-age =(, Maloofs have to be one of the worst owners ever. Sac definitely deserved to keep their team and I'm guessing it's not likely they'll get them back. Of all the teams, NO should have been the one to leave town but damn you Stern and or Benson!.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SEA -> OKC wouldn't have been so vitriolic if the move had gone down exactly like this. Everything up-front from the start.

SEA -> OKC wouldn't have been so vitriolic if the move had gone down exactly like this. Everything up-front from the start.

Seattle would never sell to Clay Bennett if they knew Clay's intention was to move the team to OKC.

Maloof on the other hand knew that if they sell the Kings the team would be moved out of Sacramento. It's quite different. Seattle fans hate Stern, and the current OKC ownership. Kings fan going to end up hating the Maloofs.

Wow, so the Kings are moving to Seattle? Wow. I feel bad for the city of Sacramento. Screw you Maloofs. An arena deal was finalized last year and the Maloofs didn't have any money to put down as their contribution for the deal. Broke fucks.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Seattle would never sell to Clay Bennett if they knew Clay's intention was to move the team to OKC.

Maloof on the other hand knew that if they sell the Kings the team would be moved out of Sacramento. It's quite different. Seattle fans hate Stern, and the current OKC ownership. Kings fan going to end up hating the Maloofs.

I'm pretty sure Howard Schultz knew what would happen to the Sonics when he sold them to Bennett, he just didn't care because he got a cool $350M out of it. The lease was running out, KeyArena was old, Bennett was from Oklahoma and wanted to purchase the Hornets and keep them there.

I'm not naive enough to think Schultz didn't know what was going on.

rando14

I'm pretty sure Howard Schultz knew what would happen to the Sonics when he sold them to Bennett, he just didn't care because he got a cool $350M out of it. The lease was running out, KeyArena was old, Bennett was from Oklahoma and wanted to purchase the Hornets and keep them there.

lol believe me, there is no lack for hate towards schultz up here

Makes more sense

thank god thats much more palatable

pilonv1

LeBron James ‏@KingJames

So the Kings getting sold for 525M!! And the owners ain't making no money huh? What the hell we have a lookout for. Get the hell out of here

disgusting lack of understanding

I think if it was more public Schultz might have reconsidered. I don't deny him being a scumbag, but Bennett did say on record he wanted the team in Seattle (even though 90% knew he was bull shitting).

cdyhybrid

Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
Source says almost living lock Phil Jackson will become front office face of Seattle-bound Kings' franchise. Won't coach. Will mentor choice

Hmm

Top Bottom