• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Cloudy

Banned
Kevin Durant went 20-for-21 from the free throw line in Oklahoma City's loss at Denver on Sunday after he was 21-for-21 from the line on Friday at Dallas. Durant is the first player in NBA history to make at least 20 free throws in consecutive games.

I knew it had to be a first lol

the Lakers lost badly to Toronto in a must win game (don't let the score fool you).

That was the final nail in the coffin for me. You have to see the writing on the wall, Heavy. And no one has been more optimistic in this thread than me.
I've been consistent about waiting till the end of this month before lowering my expectations. I'm gonna stick with that. Six games left. The home game vs. OKC is prob the biggest game of the year, it would help with morale and just give them some swagger, especially if it's a double-digit win. So yeah, I'm waiting till end of the month.

I've been consistent about waiting till the end of this month before lowering my expectations. I'm gonna stick with that. Six games left. The home game vs. OKC is prob the biggest game of the year, it would help with morale and just give them some swagger, especially if it's a double-digit win. So yeah, I'm waiting till end of the month.
Lol.

I can't believe the number of people who never visit sports threads on GAF trying to preach about sportsmanship in that runner thread in the OT. If your response begins "this is why I don't like sports" why should your opinion matter?

And Heavy, hate to break it to you, but the Lakers cannot write in Ws against the likes of Rose-less Chicago or the Jazz anymore, they haven't earned it. 2-4 in that stretch barring a few major upsets.

PBY

Banned
Lol damn

Blablurn

You remember the times when LBJ was focusing on Basketball and not on Twitter? Well, those times are over again :D

ZozWInt.jpg

why does it bother you that someone still has a positive outlook for the team? It reminds me of nintendo fans hating how people like the Vita and thinking it could ever come back in sales. I may be a bit optimistic but i rather be that than a debbie downer like this thread.

Did...you just defend the Lakers by calling them the Vita?

dalVlatko

Kglpv0h.png

fuck
Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao recently developed a blood clot (small right lower lung pulmonary embolism) and was admitted to the Cleveland Clinic last Thursday (January 17th). He is being treated with blood thinners (anticoagulants) and is expected to stay at the Clinic for several days, while undergoing treatment and observation. He will need to remain on blood thinning medication for approximately three months. While Varejao is expected to fully recover, he will miss the remainder of the current Cavaliers season.

Quote from Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant: "Clearly our players' health is our top concern and we are disappointed for Anderson, and his family. We know what a competitor he is and how much he wants to be on the court helping his teammates. In the meantime, he has our full support and we look forward to welcoming him back as he recovers."

The Lakers actually still have a chance of winning it all. All that has to happen is for a terrible natural disaster to destroy the other 29 teams in the league.

But he can afford lovenox and won't have to worry about his diet as much.

Just curious.
I personally believe he should take 30mg of clausterophine. Suffering from a PE combined with lungastatest is incredibly daunting.

Onemic

Varejo has had some bad luck man. 4 straight seasons where he was plagued with injuries and eventually had to miss the remainder of the season.

speaking of the Celtics, what is Ainge's fascination in getting former Magic players; apparently he covets JJ Redick

At the present point, isn't Redick like a top 10 shooting guard now? In no order, just off the top of my head
Kobe
Wade
Harden
OJ Mayo
JR Smith
Joe Johnson
Monta Ellis
...shoot
He's better than the likes of Kevin Martin, Klay Thompson, etc.

At the present point, isn't Redick like a top 10 shooting guard now? In no order, just off the top of my head
Kobe
Wade
Harden
OJ Mayo
JR Smith
Joe Johnson
Monta Ellis
...shoot

Manu

JJ's probably better than Joe Johnson, Monta and Kobe at this point

shira

Kobe
Wade
Harden
OJ Mayo
JR Smith
Joe Johnson
Monta Ellis
...shoot

Isn't he a pg?

Top Bottom