• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

A change of scenery may change his heart, but his body is frail. The guy has missed a lot of this games this year and he hasn't even played very heavy minutes. A team would be stupid to trade for him.

Five games from a concussion from a McGee elbow does not make you frail.

I wouldn't trade the farm for him but he has a short contract and something to prove. A team could easily construct a smart trade for him.

Omega

Banned
What does an aging, injured, heartless Gasol command? The pity of NBA fans and the ire of Lakers fans, but nothing more.

i mean unless I'm mistaken, it was a little over a year ago they almost got Chris Paul for him.

I'm sure they could get a Danny Granger/Rudy Gay tier player. Some GM out there, somewhere is going to be dumb enough to take him. It's the Lakers, they always get what they want.

Pau for Gay would be interesting. Grizzlies would have to move Arthur and Speights for wing players so it will probably be too hard to execute to happen, but it would be interesting. Gay might be able to turn his athleticism into actual production that wins games as a small ball PF and Pau might be revitalized next to his brother.

linsivvi

Five games from a concussion from a McGee elbow does not make you frail.

I wouldn't trade the farm for him but he has a short contract and something to prove. A team could easily construct a smart trade for him.

Pau's heart not there any more because of Antoni. That egotistic fuck has completely ruined whatever little chemistry this team has.

I don't want Pau traded, but he'll probably be much happier in a better team with a coach that's not an imbecile.

Pau for Gay would be interesting. Grizzlies would have to move Arthur and Speights for wing players so it will probably be too hard to execute to happen, but it would be interesting. Gay might be able to turn his athleticism into actual production that wins games as a small ball PF and Pau might be revitalized next to his brother.

Is Zachary traded in this scenario? Because he's better than Pau at just about everything right now, and Pau ain't about that bench life.

scottie-and-larsa.jpg

Bald Pippen is so weird.

linsivvi

No it wouldn't. Even if Memphis agrees to it, why would the Lakers want a guard that shoots 7-21? They already have one.

Both gasoline and zbo? Too much bigs. Not that id support a trade but Boston should make a run and try to have rondo, kg, pau together.

Pau's heart not there any more because of Antoni. That egotistic fuck has completely ruined whatever little chemistry this team has.

I don't want Pau traded, but he'll probably be much happier in a better team with a coach that's not an imbecile.
I agree

If we're not going to use pau right then I wa t him on a team he can be useful on.

Is Zachary traded in this scenario? Because he's better than Pau at just about everything right now, and Pau ain't about that bench life.

I think Marc or Z-bo would be willing to come off the bench.

It won't happen, but it would be interesting to see the chemistry of the Gasols on the same team.

No it wouldn't. Even if Memphis agree to it, why would Lakers want a guard that shoots 7-21? They already have one.

But not one with Jumpoutofthegym ability.

Both gasoline and zbo? Too much bigs. Not that id support a trade but Boston should make a run and try to have rondo, kg, pau together.

I don't think Z-bo, Pau, or Marc should be getting more than 32 MPG with Randolph and Pau's knee issues and Marc wearing out completely last year.

Then again, it probably wouldn't work in the playoffs when minutes are increased...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well they seem like having designs to move Zbo sure they could get Granger for him

I think I would still rather see Howard traded, he is not staying in LA and the Lakers are going to be fucked for the next 5-6 years if he leaves.

Cloudy

Banned
The Magic were top 3 defensively for three straight years with Dwight with very little around him.

I don't think the lack of shooters in LA is causing the change from one of the best defenders in NBA history to a guy who is really average defensively and anchoring a bottom 10 defense.

When you offense is efficient, you defense is good. Also SVG actually cared about that end of the court. We give up so much in transition...

I was wondering about a granger for pau swap of some kind. Maybe josh smith to Indy and pau to Atlanta with granger in la. Not sure if there is a way to make it worth it for Indy.

Plus granger is out for another month.

Pkaz01

terry porter sitting in for rick adelman no wonder they lost

why do phoenix and minnesota love to swap trash with eachother?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think I would still rather see Howard traded, he is not staying in LA and the Lakers are going to be fucked for the next 5-6 years if he leaves.
Lakers are going to be fucked if he leaves or stays I reckon

Cloudy

Banned

He's not going to give up $20 mil to leave. I do think LA would be better off trading him though. He's not a franchise player unless you have 3-4 elite shooters starting

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I was wondering about a granger for pau swap of some kind. Maybe josh smith to Indy and pau to Atlanta with granger in la. Not sure if there is a way to make it worth it for Indy.

Plus granger is out for another month.
Why would Indy want Smith when they have West?

so much wrong in one post.

If Howard leaves they are still left over the cap so they can't do anything next season except pay minimum to a bunch of scrubs. Once that season is a major bust which superstar is going to leave their team giving up $30 million to come and be under the enormous pressure of resurrecting the Lakers?

linsivvi

No, not really.

They still have the '14 first round pick. Nobody else would be on the book except Nash.

Just tank the next season and let Kobe score as much as he wants!

And trade Howard for picks.

Pacers aren't trading Granger, a good player for Pau, a bad player.

Maybe they'll give up Roy Hibbert
Which is why I said Atlanta would take pau and smith to Indy. Just brainstorming.

Pau and hibbert together make no sense. If they want to get out if hibbert's de send him to Atlanta for smith and west plus granger to lakers. Probably needs more though.

If Howard leaves they are still left over the cap so they can't do anything next season except pay minimum to a bunch of scrubs. Once that season is a major bust which superstar is going to leave their team giving up $30 million to come and be under the enormous pressure of resurrecting the Lakers?

Howard staying or going has little effect. The plan is to clear cap room to reload in 2014/15 either way. Trading Howard now (for crap, which is pretty much what teams will offer for a rental of Dwight Howard) isn't going to have much bearing on the next 5-6 years of Lakers basketball.

I've been saying there is no need to trade Pau or Dwight. Ride this shit out. It's a shit show but that's what we get. No trade now is going to save this season, all it is going to do is make us add a shit contract going forward, like a re-upped Josh Smith or Rudy Gay. I still doubt Dwight will walk and leave money off the table anyway, but if he does then so be it. If we can miss the playoffs with him we can do it w/o him.

Nothing is generally a better option than a random something when a team is trying to win titles. Lakers without Dwight and with a more hobbled Kobe next year could be bad enough to be in the Wiggins sweepstakes while keeping cap space open which would help them out more long-term.

Howard staying or going has little effect. The plan is to clear cap room to reload in 2014/15 either way. Trading Howard now (for crap, which is pretty much what teams will offer for a rental of Dwight Howard) isn't going to have much bearing on the next 5-6 years of Lakers basketball.
If they could trade Howard for picks and no extra salary past next season it could be worth it.

Pkaz01

The fuck is wrong with Steve Kerr? He sounds like he just got dumped.

And Lakers may be better off getting rid of both Pau and Howard, and just starting over with cap space in 2014.

thats what im saying theyve been under .500 for like a month and he is just realizing they are disappointing. He is on some Heavy type shit

Canuck76

Banned
Lakers are going to be fucked if he leaves or stays I reckon

They have to decide what they want this team to be.

You obviously can't have a core of Nash, Kobe, Pau, Dwight all on the floor.

I think Pau leaves in someway, he's not the big man Howard is. But they may keep him around just in case Dwight leaves in the summer.

linsivvi

If they could trade Howard for picks and no extra salary past next season it could be worth it.

That would be wise. Or trade for players whose contracts expire after '14

$9,701,000

This is how much guaranteed salary they have after '14.

Any trade will need to take that into consideration.

That would be wise. Or trade for players whose contracts expire after '14

$9,701,000

This is how much guaranteed salary they have after '14.

Any trade will need to take that into consideration.
Best case would be duping a team to trade picks and no salary past '14 (unless solid rookie) which Dwight won't stay with and will get fucked over by.

Best case would be duping a team to trade picks and no salary past '14 (unless solid rookie) which Dwight won't stay with and will get fucked over by.

Here's the problem with that: Teams that have cap space, that can absorb Dwight's contract without having to give back a bunch of shitty salary that the Lakers will take on, are probably shitty teams without much outlook this year, and without much change of resigning Dwight. Why exactly would those teams trade for him for the final 3 months of the season? Bad teams have nothing to gain. Good teams, on the other hand, would probably line up to trade for Dwight for a playoff run, but they are going to want to give back salary.

The fuck is wrong with Steve Kerr? He sounds like he just got dumped.

And Lakers may be better off getting rid of both Pau and Howard, and just starting over with cap space in 2014.

Sounds like Jim Nantz during the AFC championship game. More like he lost his best friend.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Here's the problem with that: Teams that have cap space, that can absorb Dwight's contract without having to give back a bunch of shitty salary that the Lakers will take on, are probably shitty teams without much outlook this year, and without much change of resigning Dwight. Why exactly would those teams trade for him for the final 3 months of the season? Bad teams have nothing to gain. Good teams, on the other hand, would probably line up to trade for Dwight for a playoff run, but they are going to want to give back salary.
Do the Nets still have those picks that they gathered?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nets will want us to take on Brook. No fucking thanks.
Well, we're going to need a center, and he's better offensively than Howard, and would be cheaper, wouldn't he? With some picks, he may be worth it, and Lakers would still have plenty of cap space in 2014 with Pau and Kobe expiring to go after Love and someone else.

I just can't believe Nash is signed until the end of 2015. The amnesty is still available, right?

Top Bottom