• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Of course it's John Hollinger that goes with the Spurs.

Go to his playoff odds and it gets even more self prophetic. He gives the spurs a 29% chance of winning the NBA finals. Thats higher than any other team in the NBA. Also, he gives the 1 under .500 portland trailblazers an 11% chance of making the playoffs while the 7 under .500 Lakers have a 19% chance of making the playoffs. Holy shit does Portland play the Heat, Spurs, and Thunder every game from here on out?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lmao Kobe's losing it (look at pic)

@kobebryant: Beethovens Moonlight Sonata calms me down when I reach my breaking point #relaxandfocus http://t.co/8GkSU2qd

lol

In the words of the great and calm Royce White...

#BeWell Kobe

masud

Banned
Kobe's is on some Phantom of the opera shit. Soon he'll bring the mask back out and start abducting (white) Laker girls holding them prisoner under the Staples Center...

Lakers are going to be fucked if he leaves or stays I reckon

Pretty much.

I mean have you guys seen Kobe play basketball this year? He's on some Lance Armstrong shit. Doesn't look anything like a man who only has one more year left.

He's going to get another 3 year contract at the max from the FO and fuck everything up.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think many Lakers fans jinxed their team by acting like bitches with the whole "Well I don't know *giggle* maybe they won't be the best team ever *giggle* I mean, anything can happen *teehee*" thing once the deals started happening.

Should've just rode the wave for what it was. #karmatrain

Grizz salary-dumped Speights, guess no one wants Gay.

Go to his playoff odds and it gets even more self prophetic. He gives the spurs a 29% chance of winning the NBA finals. Thats higher than any other team in the NBA. Also, he gives the 1 under .500 portland trailblazers an 11% chance of making the playoffs while the 7 under .500 Lakers have a 19% chance of making the playoffs. Holy shit does Portland play the Heat, Spurs, and Thunder every game from here on out?

The Blazers' margin of victory is terrible and that generally is more accurate than wins and losses in terms of future results.

The Blazers were winning games previously mostly because of luck and their luck has balanced out in this losing streak.

Big Game James predicted shit could go awry among all that back slapping and celebration when the trades went down. posted this shit way back in the preseason thread, along with quotes of him ethering Dwights immature ass.
As for the Lakers chances of winning a championship this season?

Worthy said the team might not be there just yet.

"They look better on paper," he said. "They look really good on paper. So does a counterfeit $100 bill until you try to spend it. They have work to do."
lol

meh, watching yesterdays game, it really seemed like Gays ball dominance and poor shooting is the root of the problem on that team. dude takes Kobe shots all the damn time and hes not even the first, second or third best player on the floor alot of the time.

After that Bulls win last night the East is getting cramped:

4ItHRwO.png

Atlanta's only one win behind all that at 23. Milwaukee 21.

Well, Granger is a free agent who probably won't get the max but the Wiz might target.

How is he overall as a player? Haven't watched him much over the years. Is he a better option than Gay for the Wiz?

charsace

I think many Lakers fans jinxed their team by acting like bitches with the whole "Well I don't know *giggle* maybe they won't be the best team ever *giggle* I mean, anything can happen *teehee*" thing once the deals started happening.

Should've just rode the wave for what it was. #karmatrain

I was glad when I thought the Magic would suffer from losing Dwight. The Lakers sucking triples my happiness.

I still don't even get how the Lakers' record is this bad. It's logic-defying with that roster.

It was bringing in DAntoni. Had they just run with Bickerstaff they probably would at least be contending for a playoff spot right now. Bringing in Pringles midseason just fucked up an already fragile team. Now instead of guys feeling like they had to perform now that their scapegoat (mike brown) was gone, it caused all this tension and drama over who does and doesn't fit into DAntoni's system. Ultimately this team wasn't winning a title either way so maybe it doesn't matter, but I really believe they wouldn't be as embarrassingly bad as they are now.

I wasn't here to talk about this yesterday. Can we talk about this?

According to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has instructed his front office to be aggressive at the trade deadline.

The Bobs are desperate for a big man, so they may take aim at some potential targets who may well be available like DeMarcus Cousins, Al Jefferson or Andrea Bargnani. The trouble is they don't have much in the way of assets beyond what is sure to be another high draft pick in this year's draft. Perhaps that would be enough to pry Bargnani away from the Toronto Raptors.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=516

I mean, a high draft pick? I don't know if that's enough for deadly sharpshooting 7 footer Andrea Bargnani and his Dirk-like potential. I think he would be a natural fit for the Bobcats team culture though.

charsace

It was bringing in DAntoni. Had they just run with Bickerstaff they probably would at least be contending for a playoff spot right now. Bringing in Pringles midseason just fucked up an already fragile team. Now instead of guys feeling like they had to perform now that their scapegoat (mike brown) was gone, it caused all this tension and drama over who does and doesn't fit into DAntoni's system. Ultimately this team wasn't winning a title either way so maybe it doesn't matter, but I really believe they wouldn't be as embarrassingly bad as they are now.

The Lakers fired a defensive coach when defense was and still is their problem.

Dwight is a malignant cunt

Kobe's the worst perimeter defender in the league

Pau is Pau

Dwight Sucks.

Bench is expansion team bad.

Everybody looks terrible when you're 2-8 in your last 10 and getting beat by the Raptors. But really, LA has 4-5 guys who can play 36 a night, the bench shouldn't matter much. And say what you want about Dwight + Pau, that should still be one of the best front courts in the league. They're not fundamentally incompatible.

That makes more sense, but even still, they were underperforming under Brown too. Unless you want to say both coaches suck and only succeeded in the past with a particular mix of players around an MVP in their prime, that I'll buy.

Everybody looks terrible when you're 2-8 in your last 10 and getting beat by the Raptors. But really, LA has 4-5 guys who can play 36 a night, the bench shouldn't matter much. And say what you want about Dwight + Pau, that should still be one of the best front courts in the league. They're not fundamentally incompatible.

That makes more sense, but even still, they were underperforming under Brown too. Unless you want to say both coaches suck and only succeeded in the past with a particular mix of players around an MVP in their prime, that I'll buy.

I'm not saying DAntoni is awful or blaming his coaching ability as much as the timing of the hire. I don't particularly care for Pringles but if you are bringing him in, do it in the offseason so he has time to get his system integrated and the FO has time to give him a roster equipped to run it. As for Brown, he's just incompetent and they should have fired him after last seasons collapse when it became clear he had no respect from the team and had no business coaching a veteran group.

Top Bottom