• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

listening to thesee Warriors commentators dismiss the Clippers as contenders, but their Peking order is outdated. The Thunder have a mediocre coach and a bad decision maker at the point, and the Spurs got swept, then backswept two consecutive playoff runs. Putting these upper echelon WC teams on a pedestal is bullshit. of the top four teams, the only fringe contender is Memphis.

listening to thesee Warriors commentators dismiss the Clippers as contenders, but their Peking order is outdated. The Thunder have a mediocre coach and a bad decision maker at the point, and the Spurs got swept, then backswept two consecutive playoff runs. Putting these upper echelon WC teams on a pedestal is bullshit. of the top four teams, the only fringe contender is Memphis.

The biggest issue I see with the Clippers is that they don't get to the line very often on average (which puts them at a huge disadvantage to the Thunder) and even when they do they can't hit them (thanks Blake/DJ).

Emwitus

You had me until memphis.

Cloudy

Banned
Looking at the WC standings, the Lakers seem likely to miss the playoffs. I mean, who in the top 8 can they pass? Maybe Portland because their bench is as bad as LA's? And we have to pass the 9th and 10th teams first lol

Wow, this would be an ugly stain on the careers of Kobe, Dwight and D'Antoni

Baby Milo

Looking at the WC standings, the Lakers seem likely to miss the playoffs. I mean, who in the top 8 can they pass? Maybe Portland because their bench is as bad as LA's? And we have to pass the 9th and 10th teams first lol

you guys are gonna make the playoffs

relax homie

KingKong

They need to go 30-20 to get 45 wins but this year in the West that might not be enough for 8th

"Look at the difference between our team and theirs," Howard said. "They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody's excited when something happens. We have to be like that to be a great team."
"Dwight, don't let the cat outta the bag!"
pat_riley_oj_mayo.png

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Too late for them Konex.

Cloudy

Banned
I watched the Knicks/Magic game tonight. If Dwight would play like Chandler, LA would be so much better. Dude accepts his role as a P&R finisher, hustle scorer and defensive guy. I don't see how Dwight is much better offensively than Chandler but he wants to be featured in the paint with his shitty post-game? WTF

Melo took 29 shots tonight and made 14 of them. Exactly like Kobe in the Philly game yet you don't hear anyone saying he shot too much. Yes they won but Kobe gets that shit in wins as well lol

Why does Kobe always get stuck with these diva big men? (Pau's not so bad tho lol)

I watched the Knicks/Magic game tonight. If Dwight would play like Chandler, LA would be so much better. Dude accepts his role as a P&R finisher, hustle scorer and defensive guy. I don't see how Dwight is much better offensively than Chandler but he wants to be featured in the paint with his shitty post-game? WTF

Melo took 29 shots tonight and made 14 of them. Exactly like Kobe in the Philly game yet you don't hear anyone saying he shot too much. Yes they won but Kobe gets that shit in wins as well lol

Why does Kobe always get stuck with these diva big men? (Pau's not so bad tho lol)

The Lakers traded for the 3 time DPOY, not Shaquille O'neal.

@kobebryant I’m gone tell you the story of why I despise you so much…. And you better read this or else! the reason I hate you is as follows: When the Memphis Grizzlies played you all for the first time it was in 2001 @ the Pyramid I was so excited to see you play, I was your biggest fan, I even wore purple and yellow draws, I waited I this game all day. I show up to the arena as one of like 100 Laker supporters. I had your jersey on and everything. Well we got our seats (my uncle he worked for the school so he got tunnel seats <==== remember that part) well during the game your Lakers were up through 3qtrs. 4thqtr comes around and the Grizz come back and win on a buzzer beater from Lorenzen Wright. I had the privilige to stand in the tunnel and shake the players fans, I slapped 5 with Rick Foxx, Shaq, Brian Shaw, and then here you came, I said Kobe great game and you looked at me and said, “Fuck you kid”…I couldn’t believe it. That’s when the blood in me boiled. I went home and burned everything with your name, face, number, or Laker logo on it. Every since then I have hated the Lakers. If the devil got a NBA team I would root for him instead of you…. So nigga you know what? Fuck you & leave white women alone. You owe me an apology nigga, and you gone give me one! Believe that. Signed, An Upset Nigga

Felton could be back by the end of the month.

raymond-felton-cupcake_original.jpg

seems in line with the 4-6 weeks thing

man if prigs can get more comfortable and felton comes back at least 80%, we can keep kidd nice and healthy for the post season. dude looked gassed chasing after jameer earlier tonight. could barely keep up

Rockets seem to be doing well. It's too bad that I live in Houston but can't watch the games because I don't have Comcast. I really despise network/provider exclusive deals, fans always get the raw end

giri

BTW, interesting stat i noticed the other day.

We all know the east is a joke confrence with 1, maybe 2 legit teams and 3 others that aren't complete shit.

Houstons record is 20 - 14. 20 wins, 14 losses over all.

Their in conference record out west? 6W - 12L.

Houston are 14 - 2 against the East, but a .333 team out West.

Pretty crazy stat.

If (and I mean IF) Dwight walks instead of re-upping with the Lakeshow.... Where does he go?

Dallas. OKC. Chicago. Cleveland?

I like the idea of him on the spurs though. Pop would sort out all of his bull shit pretty quickly. I mean, he manages to control Jaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thekad

Banned

We all know the east is a joke confrence with 1, maybe 2 legit teams and 3 others that aren't complete shit.

Pretty crazy stat.

It is sort of skewed though since the Rockets have played San Antonio and OKC 5 times already.

Pretty crazy stat.

Dallas. OKC. Chicago. Cleveland?

I like the idea of him on the spurs though. Pop would sort out all of his bull shit pretty quickly. I mean, he manages to control Jaxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There's only two legit teams out west. LAC and OKC. Then you have MEM, SA, and somehow I still see LAL creeping into that tier. None of those teams will beat OKC or the clips though.

KingGondo

Banned
Marc Stein said:
In the latest twist to the Royce White sage, Houston has suspended White for refusing to provide services as required by the player contract
Too bad, 'cause he would definitely add another dimension to a surging Rox squad.

What a clusterfuck.

Too bad, 'cause he would definitely add another dimension to a surging Rox squad.

What a clusterfuck.

If I were the Rockets I'd trade him for a second round pick and let some other team deal with his shit.

Also, dy who would you take if we get the number one this year? Shabazz? Noel?

KingGondo

Banned
If I were the Rockets I'd trade him for a second round pick and let some other team deal with his shit.

Also, dy who would you take if we get the number one this year? Shabazz? Noel?
He's not even worth a second rounder IMO. He's a massive distraction.

The Rockets are a progressive organization, and Morey seems to be an extremely reasonable person. I just think they underestimated how much of a headcase White is.

h3ro

Royce already defending himself on twitter. Act like a professional, kid.

qsiV+

I can't believe his management is allowing him anywhere near any sort of social media outlet. I put blame for all the negative light being cast on him squarely on them.

He has a condition which is affecting his judgment. To him, everything he has said or how he has conducted himself has been correct. His representation knows better and failed to protect him and now he's facing the consequences.

Top Bottom