• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Sure, but that wasn't simply locking arms. How often are people's shoulder's popped out because of being locked in arms? The dude clearly did more than just lock arms, he grabbed and pulled down.

That happens often too, players lock arms and use force.

This was just a freak outcome.

Love looks a lot skinnier than he used to be, not sure if that had anything to do with the result.

Again, you're missing the fucking point. Love is now out, because of a Celtic's player who pulled down on his arm, it wasn't simply an accident. Unless you think this is an accident,

7eKO14Q.png

That was clearly a basketball move. Olynyk was going for the ball using Love as an extension of himself. Accidental.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Is this where I quote your tag?

I mean't can't.. but he gave a pretty serious tug there to dislodge it.. I know he wasn't trying to dislodge his shoulder.. but he was trying to get a little extra something in there.. that's not normal tie up shit.

spyder_ur

Please, I see that happen numerous times throughout every NBA season.

That happens often too, players lock arms and use force.

This was just a freak outcome.

Love looks a lot skinnier than he used to be, not sure if that had anything to do with the result.

Exactly You see it if you watch big men down low. The difference here was that they were moving to chase a loose ball and Love was stretching in two directions - there was more force involved.

Sanjuro

I mean't can't.. but he gave a pretty serious tug there to dislodge it.. I know he wasn't trying to dislodge his shoulder.. but he was trying to get a little extra something in there.. that's not normal tie up shit.

It pretty much is normal though. Love gave up his arm, and misplayed everything. It should have been a standard foul on Olynyk, nothing more.

It pretty much is normal though. Love gave up his arm, and misplayed everything. It should have been a standard foul on Olynyk, nothing more.

Bruh, that was a legitimate arm bar, then he doubled down on it. There was nothing normal about it.

And you're saying "Love gave up his arm" like this is the UFC or some shit.

Sanjuro

Bruh, that was a legitimate arm bar, then he doubled down on it. There was nothing normal about it.

And you're saying "Love gave up his arm" like this is the UFC or some shit.

Actually, you are bringing up the UFC terminology. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make otherwise.

Kacar

Love had his arm out trying to fend him off and get the ball. Olynyk pulls his arm so that his teammate gets it/it goes out of bounds. He pulled too hard and hurt him.

It was just excessive pulling if anything, didn't they call a foul on him?

Actually, you are bringing up the UFC terminology. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make otherwise.

You said Love gave up his arm. When is that term used in the NBA? What's normal is when arms lock up during a fight for a rebound. this wasn't simply two arms interlocking.

Sanjuro

You said Love gave up his arm. When is that term used in the NBA? What's normal is when arms lock up during a fight for a rebound. this wasn't simply two arms interlocking.

...when we are talking about a loose ball foul.

Love could have went after the ball. He gave his arm up to make direct contact with Olynyk to keep him away from the ball. Kelly's only move at that point is to lock up Kevin and keep him away from the ball. That's standard. What wasn't standard is the impact resulting from Love trying to do two things at once.

"The @TheRock is apparently a #Celtics fan - at least for today. Appeared to yell "Let's go Boston!" while shown on Jumbotron during last TO." -@Scott_Souza

The Rock seems like a good dude.

...when we are talking about a loose ball foul.

Love could have went after the ball. He gave his arm up to make direct contact with Olynyk to keep him away from the ball. Kelly's only move at that point is to lock up Kevin and keep him away from the ball. That's standard. What wasn't standard is the impact resulting from Love trying to do two things at once.

What Love did was normal; players use an off arm to keep an opposing player at bay all the time to grab a rebound. My only argument is that what Olynyk did wasn't a normal basketball play. I'm not saying he meant to rip his shoulder out of the socket but he sure did apply a good arm bar.

Sanjuro

What Love did was normal; players use an off arm to keep an opposing player at bay all the time to grab a rebound. My only argument is that what Olynyk did wasn't a normal basketball play. I'm not saying he meant to rip his shoulder out of the socket but he sure did apply a good arm bar.

I don't watch UFC, sorry.

Top Bottom