• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ |OT| A Journey into an ocean of wisdom

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I just pre-ordered ABZÛ and Bound. I am ready!

I also pre-ordered the ABZÛ soundtrack [digital]. $7 seemed too low, so I gave $20 ;)

I will be gifting this soundtrack to friends and family, as well as buying the physical version when it's released. The title track is without equal in my opinion - truly perfection.

Yeah Bound is looking incredible as well. A surrealistic platformer about a ballet dancer through constantly transforming world of geometric shapes? Awesome!

3XozyE8.gif

tumblr_o92yglGt3j1tliyz4o10_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o92yglGt3j1tliyz4o3_400.gif

Matt Frost

Yeah Bound is looking incredible as well. A surrealistic platformer about a ballet dancer through constantly transforming world of geometric shapes? Awesome!

3XozyE8.gif

tumblr_o92yglGt3j1tliyz4o10_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o92yglGt3j1tliyz4o3_400.gif

I will preorder Bound right now as well. Thanks for posting Deckard and Stallion. Looks amazing

I was looking at the game listing on the PS Store and it says:

ABZÛ

Compatible with PlayStation®4.
4MB minimum space required
1 Player
DUALSHOCK®4 Vibration Function
HDTV screen resolution: 720p 1080i

A mistake I presume?

I was looking at the game listing on the PS Store and it says:

ABZÛ

Compatible with PlayStation®4.
4MB minimum space required
1 Player
DUALSHOCK®4 Vibration Function
HDTV screen resolution: 720p 1080i

A mistake I presume?

I know it's 1080p. Ive been collaborating with Erik Heiberg who is the Brand Manager for ABZÛ at Giant Squid.

It's 1080p, with 5.1 surround sound and he's checking on what the team locked the fps at.

Bound looks fantastic. We're really so lucky to get two really beautiful artistic, visually stunning games in the same Play promotion.

Probably will pre-order Bound soon, I'm sure its theme is gorgeous too (and dynamic)

derExperte

I know it's 1080p. Ive been collaborating with Erik Heiberg who is the Brand Manager for ABZÛ at Giant Squid.

Collaborating how? Because to be honest I was wondering why this thread and most of your posts come dangerously close to reading like PR, something like that should be disclosed in the OP.

Collaborating how? Because to be honest I was wondering why this thread and most of your posts come dangerously close to reading like PR, something like that should be disclosed in the OP.

Something like what, exactly?

I made this thread before I contacted Giant Squid. I emailed Giant Squid after I found out that I was doing the OT to see if they could give me some exclusives for you guys here on Neogaf - stuff like the interviews, etc. to make the OT something special. He emailed me back and said that he's been trying to make an account on here so that he could answer our questions directly. That's the collaboration - there's nothing sinister going on :)

I'm just trying my best to get the word out to as many people as possible about ABZÛ and this thread is a big help.

I hope you enjoy the forthcoming OT!

Karak

I made this thread before I contacted Giant Squid. I emailed Giant Squid after I found out that I was doing the OT to see if they could give me some exclusives for you guys here on Neogaf - stuff like the interviews, etc. to make the OT something special. He emailed me back and said that he's been trying to make an account on here so that he could answer our questions directly. That's the collaboration - there's nothing sinister going on :)

I'm just trying my best to get the word out to as many people as possible about ABZÛ and this thread is a big help.

FYI I posted my interview with Austin a couple pages back. Feel free to reuse it for the OT as we discussed here. Excited to begin discussion.

Matt Frost

Now I am hyped for the OT as well

Yup, that's what happened with my Headlander pre-order. The theme downloaded at the same time the game unlocked, so I'm assuming it will be the same here.

Hope so, looks beautiful :)

FYI I posted my interview with Austin a couple pages back. Feel free to reuse it for the OT as we discussed here. Excited to begin discussion.

I just updated the OP with your interview :)

Anyone interested in Austin Wintory and his creative process should check this interview out - it's very informative!

Wow, beautiful. Awesome job OP, definitely getting this now. I loved Aquanaut's Holiday on PS3, this looks like it will be right up my alley.

Wow, beautiful. Awesome job OP, definitely getting this now. I loved Aquanaut's Holiday on PS3, this looks like it will be right up my alley.

Well check back here August 1st when it becomes the OT - there will be interviews with Matt Nava and Austin Wintory [and if all goes well, a few surprises!]!

Karak

I just updated the OP with your interview :)

Anyone interested in Austin Wintory and his creative process should check this interview out - it's very informative!

Thanks. Ya him busting out the theme to the movie the Rock out of the blue cracked me up. We had a blast.
I am going to go dive into the game now for review. So probably wont be back until OT

Wooooooooooooooow.

Themes like this some times really make me want to get the PS4 version, even though it'll probably look/run better on my PC.

As far as I know, they are identical except for the higher resolutions above 1080p.

Thanks. Ya him busting out the theme to the movie the Rock out of the blue cracked me up. We had a blast.
I am going to go dive into the game now for review. So probably wont be back until OT

Oh, awesome! I sincerely hope you enjoy it!

Humdinger

Bound looks fantastic. We're really so lucky to get two really beautiful artistic, visually stunning games in the same Play promotion.

Probably will pre-order Bound soon, I'm sure its theme is gorgeous too (and dynamic)

Agree. And yes, the Bound theme is beautiful.

dreamfall

Will the PC version be well optimized? PS4 or PC - what platform are people preordering on? I see the Steam page but the price isn't up yet?

Sounds like Marty Silva from IGN really liked the game. On Unlocked podcast said he finished a game thats up there on his list of best games and that its out next week. So it has to be ABZU since nothing else is out expect Batman telltale ep1.

Sounds like Marty Silva from IGN really liked the game. On Unlocked podcast said he finished a game thats up there on his list of best games and that its out next week. So it has to be ABZU since nothing else is out expect Batman telltale ep1.

Couldn't it be Batman? Especially since he said it on an Xbox podcast?

Top Bottom