• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

tsumineko

I managed to pry it off by pushing in where the cutout for the camera is. I used a thick microfibre cloth to make sure I didn't scratch anything. I had to really force it though and I was a bit worried it would bend or break, managed to get it off after a minute or so and it was fine.

Now it's back on and it's not coming off for a good while lol.

Good job haha. Yeah, I guess sticking something through the camera hole is the only way to go. Thanks. I guess I'll just leave it in there for now.

Espresso

Banned
My battery feels a bit weaker than it should be. 6 hours of the screen being on rocked it down to 25%, and that's with browsing/messaging only about half the time, and a 2D game played for 20 minutes.

I'm not in a position where I can charge often. Maybe an external battery pack is for me. What's the skinny on packs? Mophie Juice or whatever? Fuck they're pricey. :(

Regardless, damn do I ever love this fucking phone. So gorgeous. Fingerprint unlock is absolutely wonderful.

Maybe something like this?

mrkgoo

I can see why people might prefer other cases but I honestly can't see anything tacky about them.

The whole leather thing being 'luxurious'. It's a phone case, not a wallet, jacket or sofa.

I find it a bit ostentatious, just like wooden cases.

Psh cases.

Applecare + is where its at. Might not be ceap, but hell I wont have to worry about my phone ever getting wet and shelling out 280 bucks

ramyeon

The whole leather thing being 'luxurious'. It's a phone case, not a wallet, jacket or sofa.

I find it a bit ostentatious, just like wooden cases.
Yeah leather cases don't seem tacky at all to me, sorry. There are a thousand other cases people love that I consider tacky though so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

HELP GAF!

My new 5S came in but it's assigned to my fiance's line. I plan to use her line to upgrade mine and then give her my 5 to replace her 4.

What do I do? When I goto set it up, it shows her number. I don't want to hit next and accidentally disable hers.

Vyer

HELP GAF!

My new 5S came in but it's assigned to my fiance's line. I plan to use her line to upgrade mine and then give her my 5 to replace her 4.

What do I do? When I goto set it up, it shows her number. I don't want to hit next and accidentally disable hers.

what carrier?

HELP GAF!

Call up your carrier. They should be able to fix it for you.

Vyer

Hmm. If it's AT&T you should be able to swap the sims I would think. But...since you said it 'shows her number', does that mean you've already turned on her phone and it activated?

RedAssedApe

Banned
so i need a Micro Usb to Lightning Adapter for my car charger (upgraded from a 4). are the non-oem adapters serviceable? oem apple is always so pricey.

and in regards to the apple case...can someone go to a genius bar and ask them to show you how to take it off then report back lol

tsumineko

I'm having trouble with my battery I think. Losing 10% every 30 minutes of active use.

What are your best battery saving tips?

Don't use it. Haha.

No, just turn off all the things you don't need. Wifi, bluetooth, push email, locations services, notifications for unimportant apps, dynamic wallpaper, auto updates, and keep that brightness down. Seriously, go through every setting on the phone and decide if you need it. You will be surprised what useless crap you find turned on.

gimmmick

Just got my Poetic Atmosphere iPhone 5 Case in the mail today. Man this thing is good. It fits it perfect, and it doesn't cover up the flash. It is really slim and doesn't add any heft to the phone whats so ever. Highly recommend it to anyone that is indeed for a case but still wants to keep the look and feel of the 5s.

Ninja Dom

Don't use it. Haha.

No, just turn off all the things you don't need. Wifi, bluetooth, push email, locations services, notifications for unimportant apps, dynamic wallpaper, auto updates, and keep that brightness down. Seriously, go through every setting on the phone and decide if you need it. You will be surprised what useless crap you find turned on.

Nice, I'm rocking 4G/LTE too. Do you reckon that's a bigger battery drain than standard 3G?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Each to their own, they fit well, don't add much bulk and feel fantastic to hold. The brown one isn't a very nice brown though.

potam

Banned
I'm tempted to get one of the official cases...but I just love the look of a naked phone :(

Anyone know how much Apple is giving for Verizon 4S's? Tempted to go trade mine in and get a case + applecare.

Quick

Banned
I'm tempted to get one of the official cases...but I just love the look of a naked phone :(

Anyone know how much Apple is giving for Verizon 4S's? Tempted to go trade mine in and get a case + applecare.

I'm heading down to the Apple Store later to look at their selection. I had an almost naked 4S, and it was nice not having anything extra on it.

Sooo curious...I have a 4s, this is my 1st time upgrade to a new apple anything. If I want to keep my game saves, contacts, settings, apps ect. do I just do a backup on my computer then restore to my new phone?

Is it that easy or am I missing something?

Quick

Banned
Sooo curious...I have a 4s, this is my 1st time upgrade to a new apple anything. If I want to keep my game saves, contacts, settings, apps ect. do I just do a backup on my computer then restore to my new phone?

Is it that easy or am I missing something?

Yep, that easy. Or iCloud, but backing up to your computer is faster.

Rootbeer

Banned
Had to stay late and train a new employee, so couldn't get to the Apple store until the afternoon yesterday. Got there, found a line. Employee told me they sold out of their 5s shipment but that I could stand in line if I wanted to wait for the next shipment... which may or may not come apparently

Tried an AT&T store, was told they could order me one...to arrive in 4-6 weeks. Seriously!

Wonder what my chances are if I show up at the Apple store this morning? They receive them overnight?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My wife's phone will be delivered today! Do we need to take it to the AT&T store to set it up, or can we do it all at home (including sim transfer)?

Quick

Banned
My wife's phone will be delivered today! Do we need to take it to the AT&T store to set it up, or can we do it all at home (including sim transfer)?

As long as you have a SIM card handy, you should just be able to phone them. If it's anything like the carriers here, it shouldn't take more than a few of minutes for them to transfer to that new SIM.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As long as you have a SIM card handy, you should just be able to phone them. If it's anything like the carriers here, it shouldn't take more than a few of minutes for them to transfer to that new SIM.

Can we swap the SIM, or do we need to hit up the AT&T store?

Enco

Found some stock in my local Apple store so I bought it there and cancelled my slow as fuck UK delivery. Feels good.

They didn't have much and were keeping close track on it all. Didn't tell me how much they had but I noticed they had around 10 32GB space grey ones.

Now to wait for a case before using it.

Top Bottom