• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCfiner

It just hit me that the biggest cost … thing,,, with the iPads that I never thought would be this expensive after so many years is the cost for the Cell antenna. it’s still 130 bucks.

I had thought back in 2010 that the cell antenna cost would go down to 100 bucks within a couple years. NOPE.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus... feel sorry for anyone who pays just $50 less to get a shitty original iPad Mini compared to the iPad Mini w/ Retina.

vpance

No you don't get 15 hours of use from your Air. No chance in hell.

Tis true, 15 hrs of pure wifi surfing. It happened just the other day, but I usually try to keep the battery hovering around the 50% area as much as possible.

Ty4on

I'm watching the Twit stream. The commentary is definitely the one reason why I like watching their stream.

It is annoying when they speak right over something I'd love to hear :p
I'm a lot geekier than them when it comes to stuff like 1.1µm pixels in the iPad Air 3. I'm surprised they revealed that and were honest that this is an inferior sensor to the iPhone 6.

Radec

16GB lol.

They still can't make 32GB the lowest capacity and its already 2014.
KuGsj.gif

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So they just unveiled the Mini as a tiny clone of the Air. And the Mini is still $400. No fanfare for the Mini. I guess it's just gotten to that point where it's just a smaller iPad now. Good. Saves time for MAC STUFFF!!!!!!!!

There's two main groups on the internet that work this fast. Apple fans and Community fans. #FatDoggingItForAppleEvents #SixSeasonsAndAniPadAir

I know it is a superficial price point, but seriously, how does Apple make all of these insane manufacturing techniques mainstream and affordable, yet flash memory and cell phone antenna technology remains the exact same price for years and years. 16GB phone or tablet is fucking pointless. Single apps can take up a gig these days.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This just in: my two year old iPad mini is perfectly current. ^.^
Could go down and get this fabulous experience today in 2014.

16 GB is a joke. sorry apple

does Mini 3 have the laminated screen and anti glare?

16 GB is a joke for anyone that visits forums like NeoGAF.

It's perfectly fine for all the moms and grandparents who use iPads for 95% email, browsing, and banking.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Don't Vib Ribbon the Macbook Air Apple.

Announce the Retina Air or stop talking!
Is this a meme I missed or something? What does "Vib Ribboning" mean? Yes, I know it's a game. But I don't get it. Explain this to me.

Also, countdown to Retina iMac being high end only in 3.. 2..

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
LETS TALK ABOUT THE MAC

Is this a meme I missed or something? What does "Vib Ribboning" mean? Yes, I know it's a game. But I don't get it. Explain this to me.

Also, countdown to Retina iMac being high end only in 3.. 2..

It was heavily featured and teased during a nostalgia focused segment in a sony press conference and then never acknowledged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom