• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Zach

This site is awful

EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH TIER

eNDm9Fo.png

PROBABLY WORTH A WATCH IF YOU'RE STILL INTO WRESTLING TIER

rp37xCH.png

YOU'RE PUSHING IT BUT THERE'S STILL SOME GOOD STUFF HERE TIER

FUFwRvg.png

THE WCW CHALLENGE SOMEONE SHOULD ALERT YOUR RELATIVES TIER

NbAwwhg.png

Take THE WCW CHALLENGE, brother.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watched Okada vs. Omega just now for the first time.... NJPW seems to be where its at....

There are definitely some seriously lit matches in NJPW, but those matches are simply unsustainable, imo. Eventually someone will just die in the ring and they'll have to pull back.

Menome

Bryan didn't adlib IIRC. The whole point of the story was that the Bellas were dumb enough to mess up vegan with virgin. The network pulled the story because it wasn't PG, leading to the shoved in moment of how Bryan had been dating Gail Kim the whole time and was just taking pity on the Bellas.

Obviously take a WWE-approved book with a pinch of salt, but in his autobiography he states he was supposed to say "A virgin?" when caught, but changed it during the live broadcast to deflect that idea away.

Heroman

Banned
There are definitely some seriously lit matches in NJPW, but those matches are simply unsustainable, imo. Eventually someone will just die in the ring and they'll have to pull back.
Japan has been those types of matches for 30 yeaee, there is a expectation of greatness there. Also if misawa death didn't change Japan nothing will.

Did Gabe ever say what happened to DGUSA it just disappeared

Rumour had it that a change in management saw the Japanese office cool on the whole idea of DGUSA, probably because it never again reached the heights of those early super shows - also, they realised they didn't need Gabe to scout indie talent for them.

Kaladin

Rumour had it that a change in management saw the Japanese office cool on the whole idea of DGUSA, probably because it never again reached the heights of those early super shows - also, they realised they didn't need Gabe to scout indie talent for them.

They seemingly missed the boat big time on that one.

Luschient

Only good thing to come out of Punk's "fight" was that I'm now somewhat interested in following Gall's UFC career.

He was such a perfect heel in the Punk fight...came out looking smug as fuck to that dumbass "Hey Micky" song, obliterated Punk, then dropped a challenge on someone else during the post-fight interview in the octagon.

THAT'S how you get heat brothers.

klonere

Banned
I can only assume that KAI isn't doing that geeky Onita tribute filtered through Dean Ambrose jumping jack bullshit.

I don't know about y'all, but it feels great to talk about the graps that I'm enjoying.

Had a lot of fun at Evolve 82 and watching Evolve 83 through the FloSlam gimmick over the weekend too. My passion for the pro graps is pretty high right now.

Jake Lee is their next ace in training, friend.

The Shibata thing had me real down but I'm getting back into it. I have a lot of stuff to catch up on and a hot AJPW Korauken show is easily the best way to get me fired up again!

Kaladin

I feel like this survey exemplifies everything that is wrong with WWE's vision of media

I didn't post the later questions.

They actually asked whether you would be more likely to buy a WWE related DVD or blu-ray if the content was already available on the Network. They also asked whether bonus materials would entice you to buy material that is already on the Network.

Beefy

Nakamura opening Smackdown tonight.

That shit from what I've read about it here seems super icky as fuck too.

It was bad like way bad. He was transitioning into his "final form", actually made me want to slap him in his face. He came out wearing a furry scarf thing and in pink. He had make up on that made him look like a drag act and he acted like a drag queen.

Slizz

Having not watched any of either wrestler I could tell Omega was the better one. Makes me more interested in him than Okada. Okada was good but seemed..... simple? I dunno if that is the word I'm looking for but yea.

I didn't post the later questions.

They actually asked whether you would be more likely to buy a WWE related DVD or blu-ray if the content was already available on the Network. They also asked whether bonus materials would entice you to buy material that is already on the Network.

The fact that they're even considering discs is why I'm saying what I am. If you have a streaming service and you're trying to drive those numbers you don't put the content out in other areas. You try to create content that matters and gets people into your network.

Listening to TLF discuss how poorly they handled the Monday Night Wars doc just further made me realize how truly awful they are with the Network and media in general. I'm sure all those movies they make are cheap, but they probably barely move the needle in terms of revenue.

They're sitting on a gold mine of media and yet they continue to just treat it like a friend handing you a USB drive in 2005.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
okada has more meltzer snowflakes than omega

even though hes boring af in ring and has no personality once he gets into it

Top Bottom