• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

You know what guys? I actually kind of dig Cesaro's new theme:
http://www.wwe.com/videos/cesaro-entrance-video-26257663

It's alot less generic as it seems and really gives off a "FUCK ME I'M ABOUT TO GET MURDERED BY THIS ASSHOLE COMING TO THE RING" vibe. Maybe just me, but I dig it.

They should just give him Scott Steiner's theme. Replace the police sirens with the air raid sirens, and give him a beret and a pair of aviators to wear to the ring.

5-2-2013+11-18-55+AM.jpg

As stated, I like Cesaro's theme. Reminds me of a final boss from a 90s shmup.

And I don't understand why people keep on saying why eat Taco Bell when you can eat at some other Mexican restaurant. I don't eat Taco Bell because I want Mexican food. I eat Taco Bell because I want to eat Taco Bell. It is that simple.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Breeze has the nicest damn voice in wrestling right now.
It's so stupid, I love his gimmick so much. He's fantastic. Hope the kid from Full Sail that gimmicked his phone to live stream his phones camera input into the tron makes some bank. It's wonderful.

Ithil

What's probably the most annoying thing with commentary (besides...when X rolls on for every break on every show) is King grunting and acting like he's the one doing moves in the ring. It really bugs the shit out of me.

What, you don't feel totally drawn into the incredible action by the 50 year old guy going "Uuurrrrrrgh" and "Eeuuucch" at you?
Next you'll tell me you don't like Cole substituting all move names by just yelling the name of the wrestler giving the move.
"And now AMBROSE! Look out, ORTON! Here comes RYBACK!""

Aiii

So not worth it
It's so stupid, I love his gimmick so much. He's fantastic. Hope the kid from Full Sail that gimmicked his phone to live stream his phones camera input into the tron makes some bank. It's wonderful.

I figure they just have an Apple TV hooked up to the tron and Airplay Mirror that thing.

For some reason I rewatched Punk/Rock from Royal Rumble 2013.
First thing that caught my eye was a group of signs in the crowd spelling out "cookiepuss" reminding me of a forgotten lowlight of Rock's return.
The match itself wasn't actually as bad as I remember it being, it's serviceable as far as gassed Rock matches go or perhaps it simply comes off looking a lot better in the wake of Rock/Cena 2.

Silly Owl, its Dwayne Johnson, not the Rock, who came back. He's more out of shape, cornball twin brother.

strobogo

Banned
More like 64. King is old. He also used to sell moves like they hurt him. As in, someone would land a move and he'd say "ow". I've NEVER liked King as a color. At any point. I wish King had never left Memphis.

Marvel

could never

I hope he becomes a huge star when he gets called up man I really do, I love everything about him lol.

I figure they just have an Apple TV hooked up to the tron and Airplay Mirror that thing.

The live phone camera is fucking phenomenal and totally makes that character even better. That has to come with him.

I remember on ARRIVAL there was a Trial Version watermark on the app, so I'm going to assume it's just a display mirroring app like Aiii is saying.

That being said it's fucking hilarious and just shows you how goddamn good the Full Sail crazy people are. They get so freaking creative.

Seasonal residence is a great billing hometown

I wish it changed every once in a while

Silly Owl, its Dwayne Johnson, not the Rock, who came back. He's more out of shape, cornball twin brother.

This explains so much about the Rock Concert 3, it was a tribute band all along.
Damn it Dwayne The Cornball Johnson for taking what may well be my all time favourite Raw segment with the original Rock Concert and tarnishing it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I saw a local tag team come out at a combined height of 12 feet, I really liked that. Hope someone else does that.

BHZ Mayor

As stated, I like Cesaro's theme. Reminds me of a final boss from a 90s shmup.

And I don't understand why people keep on saying why eat Taco Bell when you can eat at some other Mexican restaurant. I don't eat Taco Bell because I want Mexican food. I eat Taco Bell because I want to eat Taco Bell. It is that simple.

I know this sounds silly, but does Taco Bell even count as Mexican food?

Ithil

Me too. His merch COULD be phenomenal too

Then again there's a whole lot of merch different guys could have, but instead they just get dumb looking t-shirts.

I mean, Tyler Breeze. What's the most obvious thing?
Tyler Breeze phone covers. Furry ones. This is completely obvious to anyone
What will he get? Some ridiculous looking t-shirt saying "A ROYAL BREEZE" or something with a cartoon hurricane wearing a crown on the back.

Cesaro should have berets and sunglasses as merch, not weird flea market bald eagle t-shirts that don't have anything to do with him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know this sounds silly, but does Taco Bell even count as Mexican food?
Heck no, but people who don't eat there pretend it is. Taco Bell is like the ICP of fast food. It's just Taco Bell. That's all. Not any other genre. Fans of tex mex rejoice, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Then again there's a whole lot of merch different guys could have, but instead they just get dumb looking t-shirts.

What will he get? Some ridiculous looking t-shirt saying "A ROYAL BREEZE" or something with a cartoon hurricane wearing a crown on the back.

Cesaro should have berets and sunglasses as merch, not weird flea market bald eagle t-shirts that don't have anything to do with him.
Royal Breeze. Horrible.

Mayor of Cuteville shirts please.

jred2k

If I could distill what bugs me about modern Marvel movies it's that they're trying so hard to be clever when it just doesn't need to be there.

I need to watch Daredevil, I hear it's bad but I get the feeling id like it

I know you listen to HDTGM. After listening to the DD episode I actually really wanted to watch the Director's Cut. It really seemed to cut out the love story and focus on the movie's strengths. Just another case of focus-testing run amok.

I still need to track a copy down and check it out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know you listen to HDTGM. After listening to the DD episode I actually really wanted to watch the Director's Cut. It really seemed to cut out the love story and focus on the movie's strengths. Just another case of focus-testing run amok.

I still need to track a copy down and check it out.
Correct, I would never bother had I not listened to that show. It's an interesting approach that they had, where as a movie, not a superhero movie, it sounds like it stands pretty strong. Avengers was nonsensical junk as a movie, not a superhero movie.

The creative merch stuff probably doesn't happen because they don't have a production pipeline for it, and don't want to/aren't able to set it up for just one bit.

That being said though gimme that phone cover

Sephzilla

I too enjoyed tunnel entrances.

They were awesome because most of the time you'd get that cool silhouette of the wrestler before actually seeing them. It made all of the wrestlers just look cooler.

The thing that sucks about Raw/SD having their own big stage & tron is that now the WM stage has to be comically huge in order to make it seem bigger and majestic. And as I've said before, the WM30 stage was so big I think it cut down their potential attendance by at least 2000 people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Taco Bell is fucking gross and anyone who eats there should be ashamed of their disgusting selves.
Someone doesn't know about fitness macros. Educate yo self before Bell slander!

Sephzilla

Another thing that bugs the fuck out of me.

People who call 'gifs' 'jiffs'. It's not fucking peanut butter, there is no J in there.

Top Bottom