• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Playing this one I'm liking a lot of the new gameplay and the story is ok, but man I do not like conner really at all. His voice acting is so stale and I just don't feel he has any charisma as a character when compared to Ezio. I'm still early in the game so I'm hoping it gets better.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think this has been answered, but are there hidden liberation missions? I get to 71% and nothing appears on the map.
Are they supposed to appear on the map? I think they appear based on proximity.

So you need to run around the areas to find them. You can often narrow down the area to search based on what kind of liberation mission is left.

I was referring to the fact that they are so few in number and that the whole map is no longer illuminated. But I agree, the tree viewpoints are extremely glitchy.

Yeah that's also quite annoying, at least it makes the maps useful now I guess.

Overall I'm enjoying the game though.

vireland

They are 18 minutes. Rayman Origins was 40 minutes. :p

Even 18 minutes is nuts. There should be a checklist item for SCEA/Microsoft/Nintendo QA that credits can't exceed 10 minutes or they fail. Period. It's simply a user experience issue. That's MORE than enough time to get everyone some screen time and force something more creative/efficient than a single name scroll list.

So far im on sequence 6 taking in the sites loving the game so far. I have come across one thing thats irking the shit out of me and thats the Synch point at monmoth. While im climbing the tree i go for that finally leap to climb the tree and bam it triggers a leap of faith.....

Playing this one I'm liking a lot of the new gameplay and the story is ok, but man I do not like conner really at all. His voice acting is so stale and I just don't feel he has any charisma as a character when compared to Ezio. I'm still early in the game so I'm hoping it gets better.

He reminds me of Qui Gon Jin. He's really stoic, knight in shining armor, but he's singleminded and illogical in many cases, and very monotone.

Noi

Just got the full synch on Sequence 7. It required all my patience to not turn the game off (but quite a few curse words were involved). Not even the two "cross X without getting shot" parts, I did both on my first try, but the "do X without getting seen" segments. This game has SERIOUS issues with trying to stay hidden. Guards chase you to the ends of the earth and there's way too many everywhere. There's barely any spots to be creative without failing 90% of the time. The best part? I finally find how to air assassinate the final target, do what is required, make the final leap... and he just tosses me off his horse. I was SO MAD.

Finished the game, but now that I look at all the things possible you can do, this game to me has done a horrible job explaining all this extra stuff and how to get it like the artisans, crafting, armor for your ship. I had no clue about this stuff till later in the game, and by the time I saw that you had to talk to Achilles to get the artisan stuff, it was already too late.

Reminds me a lot of how RE6 was the same way and had you guessing the system mechanics. I feel like I lost out on so much content due to being overwhelmed with mechanics and nothing explaining to use it.

I still don't know about tax rate, or even what lower risk% does after beating navy battles or if you can get more assassins. And I beat the game too. It's so bad at explaining things and I feel I lost out due to it.

iDgc1m1rR2nXp.jpg

So far im on sequence 6 taking in the sites loving the game so far. I have come across one thing thats irking the shit out of me and thats the Synch point at monmoth. While im climbing the tree i go for that finally leap to climb the tree and bam it triggers a leap of faith.....

This happened to me a couple times, just get more "In line" with the place you need to jump.

TripOpt55

For everything this game does right it feels like it does something wrong. I'm enjoying it and then getting frustrated by it constantly. This game is an enigma.

Quick

Banned
So should I go run a few miles when the credits come up or is there more material?

End spoiler:

After Juno's bit ("you've played your part Desmond, now it's time to play mine."), you can probably skip (if you can). You get epilogue missions afterwards.

newsguy

I'm on sequence 9. While I enjoy the story and many elements, I feel like there have been way too many frustrating missions in 3. Like pull-my-hair-out-fuck-this-game moments that make me feel like I'm stressing too much for what better be a nice payoff. I've completely avoided spoilers so far but I just want this thing to end so I can see what happens. Also, there are way, way too many things to do in this game. Not missions, but just extraneous shit that I really don't care about. Crafting, selling lumber, ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC. I mean the game is big enough that we don't need all this side shit that really adds nothing to the game. I really enjoy the series but I feel like it's headed in the wrong direction gameplay-wise.

Is there any way to unequip a heavy weapon? Connor looks so dumb running around with this giant axe hanging from his belt.

Go to a store or the manor and equip an axe. Then find a redcoat to bury it into with hitting Y/triangle and then leave it.

I just beat it tonight....I think the entire population of Canada worked on that game. And I might of missed it, but I didn't see a thank you to Patrice. BURN!

Derrick01

Banned
Who the hell is this french guy and why is he acting like he's my best friend? I'm pretty sure I never met him before
valley forge was set up

Just completed it. Overall really enjoyed the hell out of it. Gotta finish the small slew of side quests I left. Def can't wait for the DLC. Even with its rough spots. I haven't been this enthralled with a game this year. It's def in my eyes as a contender for game of the year along with X-com. Ubisoft good job, but fix the glitches and shit please.

The first 'cross x without being damaged' was actually fantastic. It felt amazingly epic and jaw dropping and chaotic. Second one, not so much. Both in Sequence 7.

How? That's another mechanic Ubisoft fails to explain. It's so stupidly frustrating. All I know is that after fights with your assassin, you get exp, but for all the times I've done it, nothing has happened.

hold LB and send them on missions throughout the northeast. Same as the last games.

hold LB and send them on missions throughout the northeast. Same as the last games.

You say "them" also. See this is the crap I'm talking about I feel like I have to have a strategy guide to even know about this stuff. Never knew you could get more, that's why I felt that AC2 was such a good system and in AC3 they totally destroy something that was good.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Um, if there's an X below one of my assassin recruits, does that mean he's dead for good?
I think I just got Stephen, and I think he's gone already :(

Bring him back! He didn't survive one lousy mob fight

Marleyman

Banned
You say "them" also. See this is the crap I'm talking about I feel like I have to have a strategy guide to even know about this stuff. Never knew you could get more, that's why I felt that AC2 was such a good system and in AC3 they totally destroy something that was good.

You just need to think a little.

You recruit more by doing Liberation missions that appear as a blip on your map.

Sequence 6 here. Man just not feeling it. This is coming from someone who just finished Revelations and loved it minus the bomb shit.

Naval stuff is good, but I don't care about trade stuff one bit. I'm still doing the homestead missions not sure why.

Probably will just play through the main missions and wrap this up soon. Got black ops, dishonered and halo 4 coming up

Noi

"You're now in the top 10% for number of ships destroyed worldwide."

That must be a metric ton of people who've barely played the game.

Ubisoft, How many times am I going to chase someone and have them get stuck in the environment or in the crowd? I appreciate the easy chase but god damn.

Derrick01

Banned
I can't fucking believe they put a god damned herding side mission in the game. Because that was so fucking fun to do in red dead. These damn animals are even more unresponsive and uncontrollable.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Sequence 6 here. Man just not feeling it. This is coming from someone who just finished Revelations and loved it minus the bomb shit.

Naval stuff is good, but I don't care about trade stuff one bit. I'm still doing the homestead missions not sure why.

Probably will just play through the main missions and wrap this up soon. Got black ops, dishonered and halo 4 coming up

Sequence Six is where it all really starts though. I've been in it for 4 hours now, and I just finished liberating Boston and getting all my Assassin's Recruits. That was probably the most fun I've had so far... it was good. Though honestly this is my favorite AC to date, love the atmosphere, and haven't really had as many techincal issues as most seem too (other than some floating guns and whatnot)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
"You're now in the top 10% for number of ships destroyed worldwide."

That must be a metric ton of people who've barely played the game.

I think the leaderboards are bugged(lol), this happened to me when I first started digging into this a day or two later. I get getting top 10% for enemies killed, ships destroyed, and currency earned or something. If you look in the stats menu for the leaderboards I was number 1 on a couple and nobody else showed up.

So...minor spoiler
Whoever earlier in the thread said Connor never even took the axe from the post must not have went past the credits.
when I saw that I was like awww yeah!!! :D

Top Bottom