• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

LiK

i would like the next patch to fix a lot of bugs i encountered. some of them are game breaking where i had to restart a checkpoint to fix it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Hey guys,

Just began the game and i am completely blocked:
I am at the 1st mission with guns. I have a tutorial which says that i must press L1 and then shoot some barrels and when i do it i can zoom but i absolutely can't shoot!!! I have tried it for 15 min. And I can't move at all

And btw in the first hour of gameplay, the amount of bugs i have encountered is crazy: characters who are speaking in cutscenes but the lips don't move, buttons which dont pop up when i am supposed to interact, etc. And i spent 15min trying to break the lock in the theater!!!

Not sure i like the atmosphere also, this mission with the guns reminds me more of RDR than AC2...

It's a known issue - you need to target the barrels on the ground instead of the barrels on the cart. The game explains this in a wrong way.

And the no-lips captain is an issue everyone is having. How this even got past initial testing is beyond me.

rvy

Banned
Praise Jesus!

This is not me, nor my screenshot. I found it on the AC forums, where a lot of people are frustrated with this issue.

It's neat, but it's not a priority. The game needs a lot of debugging, ASAP. And some new, actually enjoyable stealth mechanics. I like to press a button to make my character crouch/hide, not some contextual shit that doesn't work.

rataven

The transition with the characters between Sequences 3 and 4 is really jarring.

Real mustache twirlers, these templars. It's to be expected, I suppose, but before the reveal, Charles and company seemed reasonable enough while hanging with Haytham. Now? Nope!

iNvid02

all the glitches and bugs were intended, they're our new upgraded version of the animus glitches

Dc7Yg.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
It's neat, but it's not a priority. The game needs a lot of debugging, ASAP. And some new, actually enjoyable stealth mechanics. I like to press a button to make my character crouch/hide, not some contextual shit that doesn't work.

Most definately, but the endgame character model annoys me to no end and actually takes away my enjoyment of even randomly exploring because I deeply hate the look. I'm using Achilles' outfit now, but I'm not a big fan of that one either.

Truth be told though, the things you want are probably never going to get patched since that would involve drastic change in the basic code instead of something simple like altering a character model load.

I agree that the contextual gameplay is a great error in judgement. "Press O to whistle", unless you're hanging at the edge of a cliff because then O will drop you to your death. Makes sense. And I cannot even count the times I corner-covered next to a tree instead of climbing it, even with R1 pressed.

The patch list for this game would be enormous.

It's a known issue - you need to target the barrels on the ground instead of the barrels on the cart. The game explains this in a wrong way.

And the no-lips captain is an issue everyone is having. How this even got past initial testing is beyond me.

Thanks!

spidye

this fucking game is the most hilarious BS I have played in a while.
why are all the people in the game trying to drown themselves? I'm not even touching them but they always jump into the water

rataven

This happened to me when I first started the mission, but I exited out of it and then started it again, and his lips were just a jabbering away. So that might be something to try for those who find it really distracting. Not that it's any kind of excusable fix.

rvy

Banned
Most definately, but the endgame character model annoys me to no end and actually takes away my enjoyment of even randomly exploring because I deeply hate the look. I'm using Achilles' outfit now, but I'm not a big fan of that one either.

Truth be told though, the things you want are probably never going to get patched since that would involve drastic change in the basic code instead of something simple like altering a character model load.

I agree that the contextual gameplay is a great error in judgement. "Press O to whistle", unless you're hanging at the edge of a cliff because then O will drop you to your death. Makes sense. And I cannot even count the times I corner-covered next to a tree instead of climbing it, even with R1 pressed.

The patch list for this game would be enormous.

Which is why I'm not holding out for anything decent. They knew that the game was like this before release, they're not going to fix it afterwards, especially since you pay a ridiculous amount of money for patches.

Fucking Ubisoft.

LiK

the most annoying bug is when i'm Incognito and then suddenly i get blasted with full red alert by the guards in the cities. i left my game idle to check on something and then BAM, they were all over me for nothing, lol

Hey, thanks Irish and MuseManMike, just got Perfectionist. That mission wasn't so hard after all.

Completionist seems like it's going to be very time consuming. I don't want to go into the underground and do all these club challenges. And how the heck do you even do this Common man quest? Do I have to wait around the homestead all day for everyone to do their thing? Ugh.

LiK

Hey, thanks Irish and MuseManMike, just got Perfectionist. That mission was so hard after all.

Completionist seems list it's going to be very time consuming. I don't want to go into the underground and do all these club challenges. And how the heck do even do this Common man quest? Do I have to wait around the homestead all day for everyone to do their thing? Ugh.

Common Man is time consuming. You just need to see them doing something and just zoom in on them. Only works during specific animations. it sucks when they repeat the same one even if you stand and wait. kinda random.

Dawg

I was on my way to the colonist camp (mission) when I encountered some red coats. I decided to led them to the colonist camp. Because, you know...it would be funny to see them fight each other and stuff.

So yeah, I enter the "blue coats" camp with those redcoats chasing me. Expecting a battle between the two. But noooo... instead of a battle between those two... the blue guards are chasing me as well.

What the actual fuck.

Common Man is time consuming. You just need to see them doing something and just zoom in on them. Only works during specific animations. it sucks when they repeat the same one even if you stand and wait. kinda random.
Yeah, just figuring it out now. Finished the lumberers so far. This is such a weird mission.

Astra

I was on my way to the colonist camp (mission) when I encountered some red coats. I decided to led them to the colonist camp. Because, you know...it would be funny to see them fight each other and stuff.

So yeah, I enter the "blue coats" camp with those redcoats chasing me. Expecting a battle between the two. But noooo... instead of a battle between those two... the blue guards are chasing me as well.

What the actual fuck.

I did the exact same thing. I opened a chest some redcoats were guarding, and they got pissed and came after me. Led then to the Patriot camp, and they were all attacking me. Is Connor that much of an enemy to everyone that these two can call a truce to bring him down?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Just finished. Wow, the ending really is as awful as everyone was saying. What a disappointing end to a unique idea (Assassin's Creed 1) and three games of steadily improving mechanics (Assassin's Creed 2 sequels). For me, it's tied with Diablo III as this year's biggest disappointment.

LiK

Just finished. Wow, the ending really is as awful as everyone was saying. What a disappointing end to a unique idea (Assassin's Creed 1) and three games of steadily improving mechanics (Assassin's Creed 2 sequels). For me, it's tied with Diablo III as this year's biggest disappointment.

in preparation for another sequel. kinda sucked we had no choice with the ending just for the heck of it.

Irish

I did the exact same thing. I opened a chest some redcoats were guarding, and they got pissed and came after me. Led then to the Patriot camp, and they were all attacking me. Is Connor that much of an enemy to everyone that these two can call a truce to bring him down?

It seemed to work that way during the middle of the game in the cities themselves, but that didn't seem to carry over for some reason.

One hilarious thing is that one of the forts in the Frontier (Fort Duquesne, I believe) always seems to spawn a redcoat hammering on a fence when I fast travel there. One of the patriot guards will then kill him and then accuse me of the murder starting an epic battle in the fort. Every time.

Noi

The bluecoats being able to attack you is still one of the most "wtf" design choices to me. What's even the point of liberating the cities and forts if the people who take over are the same as the ones you kick out? You may as well just have the redcoats stay even in a liberated city but heavily reduced in number and have the guards in the fort actually be allies and not recolored guards programmed to not attack on sight. At least then it gives the illusion that the patriots are really your allies.

LiK

The bluecoats being able to attack you is still one of the most "wtf" design choices to me. What's even the point of liberating the cities and forts if the people who take over are the same as the ones you kick out? You may as well just have the redcoats stay even in a liberated city but heavily reduced in number and have the guards in the fort actually be allies and not recolored guards programmed to not attack on sight. At least then it gives the illusion that the patriots are really your allies.

yea, it was weird that the Patriots could be aggroed so easily or targetted.

Ricker

Anyone who finishes this game with all the achievements/trophies and 100% synch deserve a fucking real Gold medal sent to them by Ubisoft or something...man you guys are good and fucking patient as hell lol...

SJRB

Gold Member
It seemed to work that way during the middle of the game in the cities themselves, but that didn't seem to carry over for some reason.

One hilarious thing is that one of the forts in the Frontier (Fort Duquesne, I believe) always seems to spawn a redcoat hammering on a fence when I fast travel there. One of the patriot guards will then kill him and then accuse me of the murder starting an epic battle in the fort. Every time.

Haha that JUST happened to me.

LiK

Anyone who finishes this game with all the achievements/trophies and 100% synch deserve a fucking real Gold medal sent to them by Ubisoft or something...man you guys are good and fucking patient as hell lol...

i would agree about that for every AC game. AC1 was brutal, i didn't even bother., Stupid flags.

Pyccko

Wowee, I'm a little bummed over here.
I was so looking forward to this game, and so far, at the beginning of Sequence 6, the opening hour or so was the most enjoyment I've had with it

Map system is terrible, bugs are terrible. gross filters are terrible, and the story is nothing to write home about so far. I also find myself missing the old controls. I can't run 2 steps without hopping on the nearest barrel now, it's ridiculous.
Also, the eyes. What the hell is with the ULTRA BRIGHT WHITE REFLECTION eyes? Everybody looks like they got a Riddick shine-job.
And why do all the people look so terrible compared to AC2? Jesus, at least the ferns look good, I guess.

What a goddamn shame. I would say when they lost Patrice it really was the end, but
Brotherhood was pretty good, so I really don't know what the deal is.
Geez, I'm just getting more bummed the more I think about it.

Man, f it. As soon as I finish this, I'm replaying AC2. Christ.

rataven

Yeah, I don't think I'll bother with III's. Have the platinums for every other AC, but just can't see myself dealing with the 100% sync requirements here. So frustrating.

Noi

I don't want a medal, I want a patch that fixes the Encyclopedia bugs so I can get my god damn platinum already. It's the only trophy I'm missing. :mad:

"Your convoy is under attack. Time left to defend - 4:00"

Uh... okay? Now what? I checked the map for every region, couldn't find anything about the whereabouts of my convoy. And I was in a mission too, so unless I aborted the mission there was no way for me to go and track down this convoy. I can't believe the game doesn't freeze the timer or aborts the event when I'm in a mission, that's like an auto-failure to defend that convoy and a net loss of over 4000 dollar in materials and goods.

First [and probably last] time I try the convoy to make some serious money outside of shipping barrels around. It's not like I need it anyway, what am I supposed to spend it on?

Anyway, how the hell does this work, what am I supposed to do?

I heard that you can actually send you assassin recruits out to protect a convey that is under attack. I never tried it since I only use ships now, but that might save a lot of headaches for people when trying to trade. Let me know if it can actually be done.

Orion Pax

Neo Member
Just finished the game last night and am disappointed in the outcome. I just felt the story was not well thought out, and the game play was frustrating at times. I hope the next AC game is better and learns from the shortcomings of it's most recent incarnation.

Which is why I'm not holding out for anything decent. They knew that the game was like this before release, they're not going to fix it afterwards, especially since you pay a ridiculous amount of money for patches.

Fucking Ubisoft.

Yeah I'm not holding my breathe either. Remember when people wanted the ability to remove armor since AC2. It was never addressed and still featured in future games. Ubisoft doesn't give a shit. The only thing that is going to be updated is multiplayer stuff and single player DLC that is probably already done. By now they are probably working on the next AC game so they aren't even going to bother which is unfortunate.

Just finished the game last night and am disappointed in the outcome. I just felt the story was not well thought out, and the game play was frustrating at times. I hope the next AC game is better and learns from the shortcomings of it's most recent incarnation.
Yeah I pretty much am giving up my hopes for good story in these games. It is stupid to think there will ever be any real ending when they just wanna keep turning out games. I say fuck Desmond for the future games. Get someone new.

Fuck sakes Ubisoft. I fall to my death and respawn in the middle of the forest then 2 guys walk up to me and I unlock the club invite trophy. This play through is forever tainted. I didn't even hear what they said to me :(

Doing the first Peg Leg mission. Got the first two full sync objectives, screwed up the third at the very end. Reloaded a checkpoint, got the third full sync objective, finished the mission... and it cleared out the first two of the three. Jesus frigging Christ is this game frustrating.

Ambitious

I'm fed up with the game. I'll do the remaining side quests maybe next week or so. Now, let's see how Ubisoft managed to beat Bioware in terms of awful endings...

LiK

I'm in a region in Boston and I think I failed a liberation mission. And now I'm stuck on 2/3 completed on one of the objectives. Do they respawn?

They will always respawn. The game has a bug wheren liberation missions don't show up on the map. You'll need to manually run around to find them pop up again in front of you.

Balphon

They will always respawn. The game has a bug wheren liberation missions don't show up on the map. You'll need to manually run around to find them pop up again in front of you.

I'm fairly sure that's not a bug, but whether it's a good design decision is up for debate.

Jharp

So I was listening to the most recent episode of Polygon's The Besties, and NeoGAF's favorite "journalist," Justin McElroy said something interesting about how Assassin's Creed 3 features no counter kills like previous games. He then kind of gets called on his bullshit and reneges, complaining that it only works part of the time.

Now, I don't know just how bad one has to be at a video game not to be able to hit B/Circle in the immensely generous window of time they give before an enemy strikes, then follow up that super-hard button press with one more button press, hitting X/Square, to get an instant counter kill, but holy shit, it's stupidly easy. Works on every single average soldier, and different classes of soldiers/guards simply need to be disarmed beforehand.

Not sure how someone manages to beat a game and not figure out its insanely basic combat system, but this is the same guy who wrote Joystiq's infamous Nier review, so, well, standard fare I suppose.

link: http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/9/3624354/the-besties-podcast-34

His silliness starts at about 15:35.

LiK

I'm fairly sure that's not a bug, but whether it's a good design decision is up for debate.

Totally a bug cuz its randomized from different people's experiences. Some people lose it forever and some get it back. Pretty annoying.

I thought it was normal until I did some research and found a ton of complaints. I didn't recruit two guys from Boston until much later in the game cuz I thought their missions were over or something.

Dartastic

I'm really hoping that some of these bugs are addressed in the Wii U version and I REALLY hope it's not worse than the 360/PS3 versions. Especially as I don't know how well the system will be able to handle patches...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I downloaded the PS3 missions but how I access them? Didn't see any sort of markers in the game in any area.

The Benedict Arnold missions? Washington shows up on the outskirts of one of the citie (can't remember which) . He'll give them to you. He might show up on the map.

Top Bottom