• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Can anyone with the WiiU version confirm there is no dithering?

I saw on Giantbomb live stream, but compression over livestream may make it seem like it, so I'm not sure.

I might double dip if they did make AC3 better.

Nemesis_

ACR is also one of my favourites, Replicant. I felt like it brought together both worlds (European and Middle Eastern) quite appropriately and gave their stories closure.

I also have 100% synced the game, and I had no problems. Which missions are considered the "terror" missions? I remember a lot of people complaining about a few but I don't remember running into too many issues.

I think the ONLY one I had problems with was the "final" chase scene but after discerning a path I made it.

Also, Replicant, getting to Level 20 is super easy, I recommend persisting if you want to platinum just for traditions sake. I also dare say that the multiplayer is more compelling than the single player.

UrbanRats

ACB is the better game imo, but AC2 had a nice sense of journey, since you traveled across Italy in the span of many years, plus it was more familiar to me, the first time in San Gimignano i was speachless.
Rome was amazing, though.

I'd say: ACB=AC2 (for different reasons)>>ACR>>>AC1.
Still have to play 3, of course.

iNvid02

they should have left this in there considering how buggy the damn thing ended up being

Dc7Yg.gif

Linius

I'll just throw my two cents in this pile-up:

AC > ACII = ACB > ACIII > ACR

AC on top? That's a first.

The general opinion seems to be that 2 and Brohood are the best ones. 3 is a love it/hate it game for most people in this thread. Interesting stuff.

UrbanRats

Also AC2 had the best beginning:

Federico: "It is a good life we lead, brother."
Ezio: "The best. May it never change."
Federico: "And may it never change us."

ibcqVTbztWBghm.jpg

I hope Connor has some good moments like that one, in this.

Nemesis_

Connor has no good moments. He's terrible, like Altair 2.0

Except Altair had SOMETHING that still made him a boss. Connor is just.....

UGGH

Linius

I like Connor's story, but the voice acting is terrible. It's like he has no emotions at all. I don't get why nobody at Ubi thought of that, such an easy thing to do right but yet so important.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Since everyone doin it I'll rate the games I played.

AC2>AC1>ACB=AC3:L >>>>>>>>>>>ACR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x1000000>>AC3.

AHA-Lambda

Can the PS3 exclusive missions be completed after the main game? I wanna rent AC3 now and see what I think for myself first before picking it up after all of the mixed reactions here.

LiK

Yes. What's everyone's beef with ACR?

Who knows, it wrapped up Altair and Ezio's arcs nicely. Game was fine and the missions were fun. The only issue was probably the tower defense stuff but its not that bad.

ACB > AC2 > ACR > AC3 > AC1

FGMPR

Banned
Who knows, it wrapped up Altair and Ezio's arcs nicely. Game was fine and the missions were fun. The only issue was probably the tower defense stuff but its not that bad.

ACB > AC2 > ACR > AC3 > AC1

Ah yes, that was shit. When I play AC games I just pick the parts I want and leave the rest to the side, which usually means ignoring full sync, renovating all the shops (the game is so damn easy, that there really isn't much reason to level up regardless), and only really skimming the assassin den missions as well as the merc/romani stuff. So I never even ended up playing that mini-game more than once.

I get the feeling that much of the frustration that people have been expressing with ACIII will more or less be alleviated by my play style (and hopefully by a nice PC port free of many of the technical glitches seen with the console version).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Anybody that also ordered from the UBI Workshop, any idea when they are going to send out our copies for the PC edition?

iNvid02

didnt have any major issues with rev unlike some folks. i liked the ottoman story, loved how they wrapped up ezio and altair's tales, soundtrack was exceptional,
but the bombs and den defense seemed out of place, desmond's platforming sections were poor, relegating lucy's fate to some shitty dlc was insulting and although
Istanbul was refreshing, i still preferred italy. although ac3 falls into the same trap of adding in some useless mechanics, unlike rev it has enough new redeeming content imo

FGMPR

Banned
didnt have any major issues with rev unlike some folks. i liked the ottoman story, loved how they wrapped up ezio and altair's tales, soundtrack was exceptional,
but the bombs and den defense seemed out of place, desmond's platforming sections were poor, relegating lucy's fate to some shitty dlc was insulting and although
Istanbul was refreshing, i still preferred italy. although ac3 falls into the same trap of adding in some useless mechanics, unlike rev it has enough new redeeming content imo

Waiiit a minute... what's the story with Lucy? I didn't buy/play any DLC and just assumed
she was dead and that was the end of the story

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
DAT MUSIC

What a game, what a game.

I miss Kyd fondly.

But there are some good songs in 3's OST.

Does anyone know the name of the song at the beginning of Sequence 2, I've been trying to find it with no result whatsoever.

LiK

Waiiit a minute... what's the story with Lucy? I didn't buy/play any DLC and just assumed
she was dead and that was the end of the story

I didn't play the DLC either but they explain it in the optional dialogue in Desmond's time. I was kinda surprised.

The Revelations soundtrack was good but it didn't have the sense of adventure you got from many of Kyd's tracks in AC2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6YJ05t5iRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mn_PIAh72A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMSpJhhjMQ0

AC3 does have some wonderful tracks but it seems like they save most of it for specific moments in the story. After I beat the game and was doing side missions there wasn't music playing while roaming the open world.

Linius

Fanorona is the one I can actually understand. I can't do anything in the other one that isn't checkers.

It wasn't understanding the game, but just the fact the AI takes you down when you make the smallest mistake. He's good.

Homestead end spoiler

Nice detail, since Achilles is dead I never played Fanorona against him. Some random dude is in the house to play the game with me.

Super pumped to play this on PC tomorrow. The screenshots I saw look really good. I hope it is able to have the same amazing framerate I was able to get with Brotherhood and Rev.

Btw, I already 100 sync the main missions in AC3 on console....I think there is something wrong with me. lol.

LiK

I uh... must not of been paying attention. Do you mind telling me what it was?

unless, it's about something else, Lucy was a double agent for the Templars. She had planned on getting the Apple for them and wasn't actually working for the Assassins anymore. Juno had Desmond kill her for that reason.

FGMPR

Banned
unless, it's about something else, Lucy was a double agent for the Templars. She had planned on getting the Apple for them and wasn't actually working for the Assassins anymore. Juno had Desmond kill her for that reason.

Holy shit!

Thanks.

conman

Yes. What's everyone's beef with ACR? I thought it was the best of the four I've played, overall.
Even if I don't think it was the best AC game, I do think ACR is the purest and most mechanically refined AC game.

I'm convinced most people hated it because they just blasted through the story missions and just ran around knifing dudes so that they had to keep doing the den defense. The folks who loved it are the people who like to immerse themselves in the environment, take their time and dig deep into the stealth options and bomb crafting (which was a brilliant addition IMO). As I said above, its only downsides were the skeletal storyline and those awful linear missions (Ezio's Masyaf mission at the beginning, the stupid carriage chase at the end, and all of those terrible Altair missions in-between).

Otherwise, ACR was an excellent AC game. Not up to the level of AC1 or ACB, but a very close third. AC2 was just "okay." It refined some mechanics and systems, but it was too linear and by-the-numbers compared to the great games in the series. It pandered too much to critics of the first game, and it got too caught up in its cinematic storytelling. Ezio just isn't that interesting. And AC3... well, yeah.

Can you guys tell me if preordering ACIII Digital Deluxe from Amazon for ~5 bonus missions + Season Pass for $79.99 is worth it?

That's option A.

Option B:

Newegg.com currently has this supposedly very high end 128GB SSD on sale and it comes with standard, non-Steam, Disk-check ACIII as a bonus. I already have a 128GB SSD from about 2 years ago but hey, more SSDs means more happiness:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...11912-_-EMC-111912-Index-_-SSD-_-20147192-L0E

Promo Code EMCJJJH22 brings it down to $139.99

Option A or Option B, GAF?

Irish

I would even say that the story in AC:R was much better overall than the other two games in the ACII trilogy, simply because I value characterization much more than anything else, and I thought AC:R did that extremely well.

rataven

Does Connor ever get the ability to use throwing knives?? Really missing them for taking down rooftop guards.

And what's with all the ACR talk in an ACIII thread?

Dany

Banned
I would even say that the story in AC:R was much better overall than the other two games in the ACII trilogy, simply because I value characterization much more than anything else, and I thought AC:R did that extremely well.

I can very much agree with this but mechanics, setting and game play additions to revelations weigh it down a lot for me.

Im confused....
is desmond dead? if so does this mean no more spinoffs to hold me off until AC4? Is my interest in liberation worth buying a vita for?

conman

I can very much agree with this but mechanics, setting and game play additions to revelations weigh it down a lot for me.
The combination of these two comments has me utterly baffled.

Not only is there almost no story to speak of in ACR (help out Suleiman every once in a while in his rise to power and collect books for a woman from Italy), but it was only because of the mechanics, setting, and gameplay additions that ACR was so good. But I will agree that Yusuf is one of the best characters in the series.

Im confused....
is desmond dead? if so does this mean no more spinoffs to hold me off until AC4? Is my interest in liberation worth buying a vita for?

He is dead. But we do know that there are technicans (probably templars) accessing his memeories and have stored them all in some way.

Irish

The combination of these two comments has me utterly baffled.

Not only is there almost no story to speak of in ACR (help out Suleiman every once in a while in his rise to power and collect books for a woman from Italy), but it was only because of the mechanics, setting, and gameplay additions that ACR was so good. But I will agree that Yusuf is one of the best characters in the series.

Like I said, overall plot means little to me when it comes down to it. Characterization is what draws me in. That's why I love Steinbeck so much. It's what makes something like The Scarlet Letter good and The Great Gatsby so goddamned awful. It's kind of why I really don't like ACII all that much. (Speaking from a character standpoint.)

Of course, the mechanics in AC:R are by far the best in the series, but that only means so much to me. I like when characters interest me, and that was the case in 1 and Rev.

Top Bottom