• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Eideka

Banned
My computer's not amazing, but it handles AC and other console ports fine. Future Soldier runs like shit even on low resolutions. A few months later they patched it and now it won't even start.

It bodes very well for AC 3 then !

Let's hope those guys have learned some programming skills in the meantime.

So whatever the patch fixed. I'm seeing quite a few people that talk without moving their mouth. It's happening in a cut scene a few times as well. Just a voice coming out of nowhere. Also I'm running a standard fetch mission (it's not bad) but several of the people I go to say the same stock line in the exact same voice. As I said the little things that have always bothered me about these games.

Peff

For those who wanted to know about the optional tombs replacement,
there is a sidequest that has Connor looking for parts of a treasure map, the places you go are similar to the tombs that had enemies

CrazyDude

there is a sidequest that has Connor looking for parts of a treasure map, the places you go are similar to the tombs that had enemies

Yeah, Captain Kidd's treasure.

They remind me of the tombs from Revelations in setup... just a bit. As for the soundtrack, I don't get the hate. It's a different style for a different themed era and I feel it's definetly suitable to the context.

Tiu Neo

I really liked the songs I listened. It really suits the era well, and really like the violin and guitar sounds they used.

Some issues after the patch. An early mission asked me to specifically shoot some guards. I didn't notice, I ran up and stabbed them to avoid a reload and the mission didn't end after they all died. I also didn't failed. Had to reload and try again.

ttocs

Anyone know when the game becomes available if you preorder via PSN? Do you have to wait until it goes live during the regular PSN update time or is it made available at midnight?

hlhbk

Whenever it's made avaialble on PSN. Not Midnight.

Grace Chen Time™

I will never preorder from PSN again. Before I did the moderator on the Playstation Blog had said he believed it would be a midnight release. Once I found out otherwise I have been letting them know in the comments that if they want their digital sales to be successful there needs to be a preload and it needs to be available at midnight like at the stores.

ttocs

I will never preorder from PSN again. Before I did the moderator on the Playstation Blog had said he believed it would be a midnight release. Once I found out otherwise I have been letting them know in the comments that if they want their digital sales to be successful there needs to be a preload and it needs to be available at midnight like at the stores.

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to buy from the digital store. Hell, I'd rather pick it up on the way home from work since I won't have to wait for it to download and I'll still be playing it sooner than if I D/L'ed it from them.

I've got three more achievements in AC:R (Level 20, Three Gun Kills, Three Charge Kills).

Since my game is in the mail, this should be pretty easy to finish up, maybe even tomorrow night.

Derrick01

Banned
I think I'm pretty close to getting this on PS3 instead of PC so some impressions on that would be super appreciated. I think it's supposed to be better than 360 for once.

Klocker

can someone tell me their impressions on the hunting?

when first heard of it I thought of the cool hunting in RDR but seeing now that they are QTEs I am concerned

so do they suck or are they fun to play?

thx

can someone tell me their impressions on the hunting?

when first heard of it I thought of the cool hunting in RDR but seeing now that they are QTEs I am concerned

so do they suck or are they fun to play?

thx

Well they are a mix of quick time and not quicktime. Best way to say it. Its fun I think.

Phenomic

AC3 on PS3/360 is $50 at Kmart.com with a free $10 Giftcard on top of it.

www.kmart.com/ubi-soft-assassin-s-creed-3/p-018V004918641000P

Not a bad deal if you can wait. Price drops already happening!

The fact that my Kmart closed stings so much and our Sears is worthless for price matching. My friend who want the game won't Buy 2 Get 1 Free with me (they have babies and no money) at Target and The Toys R US deal isn't until Saturday.. I must have will power!

Derrick01

Banned
Welp I ordered the PS3 version from Amazon. Forgive me master race but the combination of my lack of patience and the developer's poor PC history made me give in. Had to get the super slow free shipping so I probably won't get it for another week :(

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to buy from the digital store. Hell, I'd rather pick it up on the way home from work since I won't have to wait for it to download and I'll still be playing it sooner than if I D/L'ed it from them.

The good part is that preloading and midnight unlocking for preorders is already being done on the SCEE store. We can all hope SCEA learns something from them and brings it over to NA.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
In NYC, Hurricane probably preventing mine from arriving tomorrow. My amazon order isn't even in "shipping soon" status.

Maybe I can buy a digital copy?

Even after the patch I'm having issues with scripting. There are frequent cases where a guard will get stuck on objects and not move. If two people NPC's are walking and talking, they will sometimes clips on each other, causing one to turn around and see you when they probably shouldn't. I had a really funny bug where I tried to jump a small fence and shot in the Air to the top of the world and fell to my death.

The good part is that preloading and midnight unlocking for preorders is already being done on the SCEE store. We can all hope SCEA learns something from them and brings it over to NA.

Are you shittin' me? That's great news for them folks in that part of the world. I really hope that SCEA gets it together soon, it makes too much sense not to do it.

I think I'm pretty close to getting this on PS3 instead of PC so some impressions on that would be super appreciated. I think it's supposed to be better than 360 for once.

Aw man, you guys are making it extra hard to wait the extra month.
Maybe I'll replay Brotherhood while I'm waiting.. :(

burgerdog

Welp I ordered the PS3 version from Amazon. Forgive me master race but the combination of my lack of patience and the developer's poor PC history made me give in. Had to get the super slow free shipping so I probably won't get it for another week :(

Ubisoft is not handling the port themselves? I have bought every single game in the series for 360 and really want to get this on PC... First NFS:MW and now this, get your shit together when porting to PC, devs.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

huh..I thought AssCreed always better on PC?

smell like fishy fish to me, You just want that tomahawk for Aveline in AC3:L(that unlock with a PS3 AC3 copy)since you are going to get a vita with that game, it's ok to admit it.

legbone

They remind me of the tombs from Revelations in setup... just a bit. As for the soundtrack, I don't get the hate. It's a different style for a different themed era and I feel it's definetly suitable to the context.

i don't understand the hate for the soundtrack either. i feel it fits the time period perfectly. it just fits. can't wait to get my hands on this.

Top Bottom