• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Derrick01

Banned
Ubisoft is not handling the port themselves? I have bought every single game in the series for 360 and really want to get this on PC... First NFS:MW and now this, get your shit together when porting to PC, devs.

huh..I thought AssCreed always better on PC?

smell like fishy fish to me, You just want that tomahawk for Aveline in AC3:L(that unlock with a PS3 AC3 copy)since you are going to get a vita with that game, it's ok to admit it.

Ubi's doing it but it's the studio that handled from dust, driver and the newest ghost recon on PC. All abysmal ports. I'm not going to take the chance but if it turns out good I'll get the PC version when it's $5.

Ubi has no one to blame but themselves for any lost sales. Delay the game for no reason and give no information or previews out to media outlets and we have nothing to go on but things like developer history.

border

Does anyone know if this game will pop up as "Available" at RedBox after midnight tonight? I'd love to give it a rent....

Sanjuro

Does anyone know if this game will pop up as "Available" at RedBox after midnight tonight? I'd love to give it a rent....

Nobody answered me!

I only played the first Ass Creed and didn't like it much. Giving this one a shot and something to do this week.

Looks like Sandy took out all the stores that would have been open tonight.

ttocs

Nobody answered me!

I only played the first Ass Creed and didn't like it much. Giving this one a shot and something to do this week.

Looks like Sandy took out all the stores that would have been open tonight.

I'm in the same boat with Sandy. The midnight opening at Gamestop by me was cancelled and there is a travel restriction until noon tomorrow. So, looks like I will either have to digitally download it off PSN later in the day or hope stores open up tomorrow.

CrazyDude

Ubi's doing it but it's the studio that handled from dust, driver and the newest ghost recon on PC. All abysmal ports. I'm not going to take the chance but if it turns out good I'll get the PC version when it's $5.

Ubi has no one to blame but themselves for any lost sales. Delay the game for no reason and give no information or previews out to media outlets and we have nothing to go on but things like developer history.

Well they're not losing you. :p

burgerdog

Oh god, they did from dust as well? PC version is out of consideration for sure now. I am getting a WiiU in a few weeks so I should debate whether I want to get it for ps360 tomorrow or wait for WiiU. I wonder if that version will also have 3D, if it wasn't for gaf impressions I wouldn't have known that the HD twins even had that option. Makes sense given that Revelations had it, I guess.

legbone

He did the music in Borderlands 2? Color me disappointed.

whoa. what? borderlands 2 has some badass music if you like techno and that sort of thing. if not, i guess i can see where you are coming from. i for one loved the borderlands 2 soundtrack.

The bug that's making this hard to play is one the makes you move back out of a haystack as soon as you jump in. I'm stuck on a mission where I just need to hind for a few seconds but every time I jump in a haystack I just come out. I'm just tapping in and not moving the stick but something is moving me out.

The soundtrack is terrible. But that's okay because Jesper Kyd gave us Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2 OSTs.

Sorry but saying its terrible seems pretty odd. You might not enjoy it but it's definitely got some good themed music in the game. What are you wanting if I might ask? What makes it so terrible? You just seem to have a very negative overall attitude to this game from your posts.

Phionoxx

Man I hope the PC version turns out all right. I have AC2, ACB, and ACR all on 360 but wanted to jump to the PC version because I have a nice rig capable of doing 1080p / 60+fps no problem for current games.

It's going to be rough waiting the extra 3 weeks if it turns out the PC version has excessive performance issues or frequent crashes, and then have to wait for it to (hopefully) be patched. Maybe I should just stick with the trend and get AC3 on 360.

cackhyena

Man I hope the PC version turns out all right. I have AC2, ACB, and ACR all on 360 but wanted to jump to the PC version because I have a nice rig capable of doing 1080p / 60+fps no problem for current games.

It's going to be rough waiting the extra 3 weeks if it turns out the PC version has excessive performance issues or frequent crashes, and then have to wait for it to (hopefully) be patched. Maybe I should just stick with the trend and get AC3 on 360.
Basically in the same position.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Launch trailer was pretty sweet. Hopefully this turns out good. I'll be getting it for christmas so I've still got a long way to wait yet.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Lets be real here, save for Freedom Fighters and the Hitman games, Jesper Kyd's soundtracks aren't anything to write home about.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Are you still on the slow beginning part before a lot of people says it gets better?

I'm pretty sure I am to the good stuff. Sequence 6 is where it opens up but the naval stuff is a lot better than everything else. Hunting isn't bad but it is kinda pointless and got old rather quickly. It doesn't help that Conner is just boring.

Basically in the same position.

Yep.

FStop7

Banned
The inevitable storm of toolbags posting AC3 spoilers has begun. Just had someone crap something in my Twitch chat. I would disable chat entirely for a few days but of course Twitch doesn't give you that option...

Okay, so I just got back (more like 30 minutes ago) from Gamestop's midnight launch of this game.
1. I bought the Xbox 360 version and it too has that awful banner at the top saying that it is "GAMESTOP EDITION". Luckily I have one of those steelbook cases from when I pre-ordered months ago so I swiftly switched everything to that.
2. The "manual" that comes with the game is pathetic. It is nothing more than a single tri-fold piece of paper giving safety info and promoting the season pass.

Sadly, I wont be able to play till tonight as I have to wake up early and have a big day.

Okay, so I just got back (more like 30 minutes ago) from Gamestop's midnight launch of this game.
1. I bought the Xbox 360 version and it too has that awful banner at the top saying that it is "GAMESTOP EDITION". Luckily I have one of those steelbook cases from when I pre-ordered months ago so I swiftly switched everything to that.
2. The "manual" that comes with the game is pathetic. It is nothing more than a single tri-fold piece of paper giving safety info and promoting the season pass.

Sadly, I wont be able to play till tonight as I have to wake up early and have a big day.

ikzPLhJo3g8DB.gif

Pooya

the manual is digital, inside the game. It's been like that since Brotherhood, I like printed manuals too but it's actually not bad. I actually looked up the controls in there first because I was confused by the changes at first as I was very used to old controls, but when I got the idea behind tool and weapon, it was alright.

Top Bottom