• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Why do I buy more arrows? Is there anywhere near the homestead or do I have to go to Boston?

I just find troops marching through the forest, jump and kill them then loot the bodies. 90% of the time you will get max arrows.

FUCK. That sequence took me an hour. Ezios sneak attacks with a fist used to just completely ruin guys, I figured it'd be the same here.

You get more brutal attacks by holding down the high profile button when getting the jump on enemies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yes, you go with some Indian chick to her cave and then you start having sex. That's exactly what happens in real life.

Which really doesn't make sense considering that you can still play as Haytham after that cutscene. lol.

Yes, you go with some Indian chick to her cave and then you start having sex. That's exactly what happens in real life.

It's a game... since when was this going for realism? That was my sarcastic point. It's a plot device. Bitch about it but if it didn't happen, no main character obviously.

This game...
0xpxa.jpg

kayos90

Not for much longer though. He drops the bomb shortly after and then it's all Conor.

I was talking more about how Haytham most likely had sex with Ziio after that cutscene yet you still see Haytham after it. If Connor was truly conceived, then you wouldn't be playing as Haytham after that cutscene. Unless Haytham went back to Ziio. Again.

CrazyDude

Ever had a one night stand?
Which really doesn't make sense considering that you can still play as Haytham after that cutscene. lol.

Conception does not happen instantly when you have sex. It can take days for the sperm and egg to meet. The whole conception scene from AC2 is far less realistic.

rvy

Banned
It's a game... since when was this going for realism? That was my sarcastic point. It's a plot device. Bitch about it but if it didn't happen, no main character obviously.

Except, you know, there's better ways to make it happen. But you don't want to hear none of that, right? It's a game.

I just can't wrap my head around this hunting mini-game. Who in their right mind could've thought that would be a good idea? Seriously, they must've just phoned that in at the last minute or something, it's so bad it tarnishes all the rest.

This had the potential to be the best AC ever, but all the useless crap they stuffed it with just sucks. Plain and simple. I'm gonna try and find all the trinkets and viewpoints in the Frontier, and stay the hell out of it afterwards.

Conception does not happen instantly when you have sex. It can take days for the sperm and egg to meet. The whole conception scene from AC2 is far less realistic.

Yeah, but the thing is, once that one lucky sperm leaves the body, there's no way for
Desmond to be following Haytham anymore. Connor was conceived afterwards.

kayos90

Except back in AC2 we saw that the moment after Altair and Maria had sex, we could no longer view the memories as Altair. I'm just saying AC3 is not consistent with what we've been shown or lead to believe.

Except, you know, there's better ways to make it happen. But you don't want to hear none of that, right? It's a game.

Actually no, in this case with a game already taking its time to set up the situation, no I don't. They gave you the assumption of what occured. It didn't have to be spelled out. People fuck like crazy these days and did back then as well. Why waste my time thinking... "oh man why didn't I get to see their love blossom?" Just not needed man. The focus isn't on these characters, its on Connor. Fuck it, should have just had a stork fly by and drop him off in a chimney.

CrazyDude

Except back in AC2 we saw that the moment after Altair and Maria had sex, we could no longer view the memories as Altair. I'm just saying AC3 is not consistent with what we've been shown or lead to believe.

Great, but it still makes more sense now than it does the other way around.

I just can't wrap my head around this hunting mini-game. Who in their right mind could've thought that would be a good idea? Seriously, they must've just phoned that in at the last minute or something, it's so bad it tarnishes all the rest.

This had the potential to be the best AC ever, but all the useless crap they stuffed it with just sucks. Plain and simple. I'm gonna try and find all the trinkets and viewpoints in the Frontier, and stay the hell out of it afterwards.

Yeah, but the thing is, once that one lucky sperm leaves the body, there's no way for Desmond to be following Haytham anymore. Connor was conceived afterwards.
Why not? Sperm is still just sperm and not a person with two half of DNA until it gets into the egg.

kayos90

Great, but it still makes more sense now than it does the other way around.

I disagree. He's already passed his genetic information on the moment the sperm entered the women's body. Why would we still be able to play as Haytham and then suddenly jump back to Ziio? Doesn't make sense. The moment conception happens, we should no longer be able to play as Haytham.

CrazyDude

I disagree. He's already passed his genetic information on the moment the sperm entered the women's body. Why would we still be able to play as Haytham and then suddenly jump back to Ziio? Doesn't make sense. The moment conception happens, we should no longer be able to play as Haytham.

It doesn't happen until the sperm enters the egg. Before then it's just a sperm, half of a persons DNA.

If the sperm is all we needed then why did we still see Altair when the sperm was already inside his nuts? Why wasn't I seeing the events unfold through his balls if the sperm is the deciding factor.

Well who is to presume you can't see their memories as soon as conception occurs. Your saying that a person in Desmonds dna history has a kid and suddenly their dna and memories is null and void? didn't think you HAD to jump to the new ancestor asap , but I mean yeah as a gamplay narrative in AC2 it jumped to Etzio. Does it say this somewhere in the animus files or something this is how it works?

kayos90

It doesn't happen until the sperm enters the egg. Before then it's just a sperm, half of a persons DNA. So why did we still see Altair when the sperm was already inside his nuts? Why wasn't I seeing the events unfold through his balls if the sperm is the deciding factor.

We didn't. Did you not play AC2? We stopped seeing from Altair's perspective after they had sex. I'm not saying we're seeing from his balls. I'm just saying that the ideas that the two games are having is not consistent. At all.

Well who is to presume you can't see their memories as soon as conception occurs. Your saying that a person in Desmonds dna history has a kid and suddenly their dna and memories is null and void? didn't think you HAD to jump to the new ancestor asap , but I mean yeah as a gamplay narrative in AC2 is jumped to Etzio. Does it say this somewhere in the animus files or something?

I'm saying that it's not consistent with what is in AC2 and AC3.

The Lamp

*SPOILERS*

WTF makes you think it's okay to spoil that about the main characters?

PC gamers, abort abort!

Reading this thread makes me feel really, really forgiving of "jank" (my new least favorite word) in video games. It would never in a million years occur to me to whip out my phone to take a picture of a deer that got caught on geometry in a game this big. A block getting stuck in Tetris? Sure.

edit: Actually this page alone confirms that I am completely normal.

WTF makes you think it's okay to spoil that about the main characters?

PC gamers, abort abort!

I wouldn't really call it a spoiler, it's something you figure out during the first five minutes of the game.

But, okay.

Why not? Sperm is still just sperm and not a person with two half of DNA until it gets into the egg.

Can't believe I'm typing this, but here goes.

If it's gone, so is Desmond's connection to you-know-who. So he wouldn't be able to follow him anymore.

The Lamp

Reading this thread makes me feel really, really forgiving of "jank" (my new least favorite word) in video games. It would never in a million years occur to me to whip out my phone to take a picture of a deer that got caught on geometry in a game this big. A block getting stuck in Tetris? Sure.

Apparently a huge ass budget isn't enough to minimize open world jank.

I wouldn't really call it a spoiler, it's something you figure out during the first five minutes of the game.

But, okay.

Some of us haven't been able to play the first five minutes of the game.

george_us

I honestly wonder how companies like Ubi can spend tens of millions of dollars creating buggy experiences like this yet Platinum games can churn out amazingly polished experiences like Bayonetta and Vanquish on a regular basis with a fraction of the budget and resources. It's fucking shameful how technically flawed this game is. Not only that but I'm at Sequence 3 now and I'm just debating on returning the game altogether. I know the game supposedly gets better when you finally start playing as Connor but I have to debate how much better if the designers actually thought the first couple of sequences were a good idea.

CrazyDude

We didn't. Did you not play AC2? We stopped seeing from Altair's perspective after they had sex.

I'm saying that it's not consistent with what is in AC2 and AC3.

Great, but do you understand that the process of the sperm and egg coming together is not instantaneous? We need both the egg and the sperm to make a person. We shouldn't have stopped seeing Altair's memories so soon after sex.

Anyways, we didn't even see that memory in the animus, so there is nothing saying that it has to be stopped when in the animus.

But, okay.

Can't believe I'm typing this, but here goes.

If it's gone, so is Desmond's connection to you-know-who. So he wouldn't be able to follow him anymore.
Why? It makes no sense. The sperm is not a new person or ancestor yet.

kayos90

We had one game with this occuring. I wouldn't really say there is any consitencing built. It was one moment in a previous game. I just don't feel that way at all concerning it.

As long as there are two points that remain different from each other it's not consistent. It doesn't have to be 3 examples for the idea of consistency to pop up. Whether the AC3 method or the AC2 method is correct the fact remains that one is not consistent with the other.

rvy

Banned
We didn't. Did you not play AC2? We stopped seeing from Altair's perspective after they had sex. I'm not saying we're seeing from his balls. I'm just saying that the ideas that the two games are having is not consistent. At all.

AC sex is terribad sex. Witcher II sex is good sex.

cackhyena

I honestly wonder how companies like Ubi can spend tens of millions of dollars creating buggy experiences like this yet Platinum games can churn out amazingly polished experiences like Bayonetta and Vanquish on a regular basis with a fraction of the budget and resources. It's fucking shameful how technically flawed this game is. Not only that but I'm at Sequence 3 now and I'm just debating on returning the game altogether. I know the game supposedly gets better when you finally start playing as Connor but I have to debate how much better if the designers actually thought the first couple of sequences were a good idea.

Comparing these completely different types of games is probably always a good idea.

bitoriginal

Not liking Haythan? I absolutely love his character.

I actually like the character. So far I'm finding the story to be complete nonsense whilst struggling to keep up with whats going on, and controlling the character is akin to wading through mud. I dunno, it's just not gripped me like ACII did. I can't stand it when games baby the player for hours, and that's exactly whats happening here.

kayos90

Great, but do you understand that the process of the sperm and egg coming together is not instantaneous? We need both the egg and the sperm to make a person. We shouldn't have stopped seeing Altair's memories so soon after sex.

Anyways, we didn't even see that memory in the animus, so there is nothing saying that it has to be stopped when in the animus.

It's not a matter of me understanding how the sperm and the egg works. Have you been reading my posts AT ALL. I'm saying it's not consistent. Holy shit it's like yall love to deviate the argument just for the sake of flaunting your knowledge in biology. Whether you're right about the biological workings of sex or not the problem remains that the two events are not congruent with each other.

Some of us haven't been able to play the first five minutes of the game.

Well, sucks to be you, then. It's only the first five minutes, I'm sorry you got spoiled on that. Hope you haven't been paying too much attention to the rest of the thread.

What, so it should just magically transport from Altaïr to Darim when the fetus is grown? Doesn't make sense either. :lol

No, the genes carrying the information up to that point are passed on. It's why Desmond couldn't follow Altaïr anymore after conception: there's no way Desmond's genes contain the information recorded in Altaïr's after he passed them on.

As long as there are two points that remain different from each other it's not consistent. It doesn't have to be 3 examples for the idea of consistency to pop up. Whether the AC3 method or the AC2 method is correct the fact remains that one is not consistent with the other.

True but I don't see how we have a very solid basis for this to know exactly when we stop seeing the memories in the animus or not. Just because I eat tootsie pops in three licks doesn't mean if the next one takes 4 it destroys my tootsie pop eating consistency. Ok... that was a big silly... but still! :D

Top Bottom