• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Kerub

Banned
I was enjoying this but now I'm stuck. I'm at sequence 3 and supposed to find the "mysterious woman", but the objective marker is an area with nothing but wolves in it. I can't find any clues either.

Help please. :( Thanks in advance.

Is the performance rubbish in 3d though or has anyone tried it yet?

Playing in 3d on ps3 and I don't think I've had any slowdown in 3 hours of gameplay.

I just can't get combat to flow. Am I the only one who just counters or is there a more fluent way of killing?

I don't think the game explained it, but I've been chaining kills together, once you kill someone you want to point in the direction of another enemy and attack, should be an instakill.

Didn't Revelations take these out? I remember them for sure in AC2 and ACB, but not ACR.

I miss them too, I guess they were not very popular overall though for the majority of players. I would kinda get freaked out by some of the music / tape recordings, and pictures. I know the truth puzzles were a big source of the "silly, sci-fi" aspects of the story, but they were certainly interesting.

I loved those segments. Loved loved loved.

It wasn't the same, but I considered the fps segments in Revelations to be in pretty much the same vein, just not as cool.

I was enjoying this but now I'm stuck. I'm at sequence 3 and supposed to find the "mysterious woman", but the objective marker is an area with nothing but wolves in it. I can't find any clues either.

Help please. :( Thanks in advance.

Try turning eagle vision on to perhaps help you find the clue? Trying to recall what I did.

Tex117

Banned
I don't get the hate for this game honestly.

Sure, some of the critisims are valid, but IMO not enough to say it is a stumble of a game.

I finally got into the swing of combat (never really had in any other AC game), at it is pretty sweet. Its like the Patriot with Mel Gibsom out there. (Exactly what I was wanting).

It is a broad, sweeping game, with lots of touches that make it pretty solid.

I applaud Ubisoft for taking a chance on a game, location, etc. that is in the same spirit, yet different enough from the other AC games.

Jason Kyd's (sp) music is sadly very missed however. The rest, I appreciate the vision and am enjoying the game.

Petrie

Banned
For the new page:

Can anyone tell me how the heck to get the peg leg trinket that is all the way on the left side of the map in the davenport homestead? I can't for the life of me find a way up that cliffside.

I looked at IGN's walkthrough and found the clue (some sort of bones/ribcage). It seems like it's bugged though because nothing happens when I analyze it.

Just go ahead and pause and hit restart checkpoint. I've done this for a few missions when I messed up.

For the new page:

Can anyone tell me how the heck to get the peg leg trinket that is all the way on the left side of the map in the davenport homestead? I can't for the life of me find a way up that cliffside.

Is it definetly high up, if thats the case try looking for a tree you can get to and get on the cliffside somehow. I remember having to do that for one of them. If its below, try looking for a cavern to enter.

Phionoxx

I loved those segments. Loved loved loved.

It wasn't the same, but I considered the fps segments in Revelations to be in pretty much the same vein, just not as cool.

Yeah it is too bad they were removed. It makes some sense in the context of the story they wanted to tell (for Desmond's portion) in Revelations, by wanting to actually bring Subject 16 in as a character.

It wouldn't have been easy to explain having Subject 16 in the game, and still keep the truth puzzles as well seeing as they were always his "messages" left behind in the animus for those that followed him.

It wouldn't have been easy to explain having Subject 16 in the game, and still keep the truth puzzles as well seeing as they were always his "messages" left behind in the animus for those that followed him.

Wow, I never put two and two together on that one lol. That'd explain it. Wish they could find some new excuse for segments like that.

Socreges

Banned
Well as expected, nothing much to the cities since they are basically more like overgrown villages than actual cities like in the previous AC games.
The frontier/homestead though are great, a real change from the previous games, and a good change at that.
Here to hoping for a mix of a great city and also some great nature element in the next AC game :)
Buh? Asked about Brotherhood, not ACIII. :p

Kerub

Banned
Just go ahead and pause and hit restart checkpoint. I've done this for a few missions when I messed up.

I'm not sure I messed up though. I find the clue but when I press B, the button prompt just dissapears and nothing progresses. Reloading the checkpoint does nothing.

And there's no way around it either so it's a game breaking bug. I'll capture a video of it and post soon.

Fuck those flying almanac pages.

It's like Ubisoft looked at Crackdown 2's mobile orbs and thought "Hey, if they can piss the player off, so can we!"

dreamfall

Just played through Sequence 4, and I absolutely loved it.
For me, the introduction to free running on trees and hunting through Connor's childhood was beautiful. I like this- the slow pace, the funny rock climbing, the synchronization and feathers atop ridiculously high points in the forest. It feels different, all of it. I like the language immersion, the departure from urban locales to Native American villages. And I like Connor- he seems respectful, precocious and wary of his world being threatened by outsiders.

It reminds me of Red Dead Redemption- the world feels really gigantic, with a lot of character. I really dislike the optional objectives- I always have, it feels like the developers want me to play the game in a certain style. So I've been completely ignoring most of them- I'm hoping they don't unlock new missions like in Brotherhood ("Repressed Memories").

I'm enjoying it immensely. It's familiar enough to those who enjoyed prior iterations, but this feels like a re-imagining. Yes, there are technical issues aplenty: draw distance woes, control imprecision, difficulty in gun combat, some hilarious clipping issues but I can't help it. It plays like a numbered sequel, and with all the new ideas there are some misfires. But it seems fresh, even if it's visually uneven with some heavy framerate problems.

I still think it's pretty wonderful!

MMaRsu

It reminds me of Red Dead Redemption- the world feels really gigantic, with a lot of character. I really dislike the optional objectives- I always have, it feels like the developers want me to play the game in a certain style. So I've been completely ignoring most of them- I'm hoping they don't unlock new missions like in Brotherhood

I still think it's pretty wonderful!

The full sync stuff just means thats the way the actual event happened. You are supposed to replay it that way: p.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Okay, so how the fuck do I do the missions once i accept them? I talk to the Assassination Contract guy, he says "Kill 5 Templars". And thats it. I go int o Eagle vision and find nothing.

I talk to frontier guys, they talk about something, and then i have no idea where to go for the objective.

There's seemingly no way to mark any task/quest as active.

How the fuck do you do anything besides the main missions? This is incredibly frustrating.

Alucrid

Banned
Amazon redeemed. I got a call from some weird number and the guys like "Hey, this is a courier for Amazon.com..." and bam, Assassin's Creed at my door.

Okay, so how the fuck do I do the missions once i accept them? I talk to the Assassination Contract guy, he says "Kill 5 Templars". And thats it. I go int o Eagle vision and find nothing.

I talk to frontier guys, they talk about something, and then i have no idea where to go for the objective.

There's seemingly no way to mark any task/quest as active.

How the fuck do you do anything besides the main missions? This is incredibly frustrating.

Check your map.

Those just aren't that difficult at all.

There was one in Boston that was giving me trouble. Starts on the ground and then quickly drifts off to the rooftops. Once you figure it out, though, you can actually get ahead of it, and just let it drift lazily into your hands. Feels good man.

Still, don't like 'em.

ezekial45

Banned
This game is sooooooo rough (PS3 version). It froze on me during a long mission. >_<

I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of the game.

Duh.

There's nothing on there to indicate which mission is active or what I'm supposed to do.

Your thinking of this like Skyrim or Fallout. It's not done that way. You go to the symbols on the map to activate a missions or side quest. There isn't really a track this mission ability, it's not built that way.

Marleyman

Banned
There was one in Boston that was giving me trouble. Starts on the ground and then quickly drifts off to the rooftops. Once you figure it out, though, you can actually get ahead of it, and just let it drift lazily into your hands. Feels good man.

Still, don't like 'em.

You just have to follow the pattern; it takes some patience for sure.

Tawpgun

The Desmond sections are wasted potential. I would love to see much more effort put into them. Everything looks rushed. It's a shame because they could be amazing.

Yup, especially considering the environments look nothing like their real life counterparts.

At least the background art didn't...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Your thinking of this like Skyrim or Fallout. It's not done that way. You go to the symbols on the map to activate a missions or side quest. There isn't really a track this mission ability, it's not built that way.

But how am I supposed to know what to do for the Frontiersman missions? Are the Assassination contracts just vague objectives that will be fulfilled by doing other missions?

AC 2 was not this hard to figure out. I could decide what I wanted to do and the game didn't try to hide what the objective was.

FStop7

Banned
General AC3 spoilers.

I really, really want an AC game where I play as Haytham Kenway in 18th century England. It was like being (evil?) Georgian-era James Bond. Traveling between London and Paris, doing spy things.

But how am I supposed to know what to do for the Frontiersman missions? Are the Assassination contracts just vague objectives that will be fulfilled by doing other missions?

AC 2 was not this hard to figure out. I could decide what I wanted to do and the game didn't try to hide what the objective was.

When you activate a Frontier mission, there will be only one active Frontier icon on your map. Head there.

Likewise with the Assassination contracts. Once you accept one, the targets that appear on your map are the ones you should head to.

Dam, that's annoying...

Can't you just equip a sword? Or does Connor carry both a normal and a heavy weapon?

If I remember correctly don't the symbols for assissinations show up on the map? Check your legend on the map, explains all the icons.

ekim

Anyone else thinks that, although opening up the world, sequence 6 is the worst of the first 6? All those new characters are not interesting and the game loses its focus. Hell, I mostly don't get those fast paced jumps in the story in the first moment. Am I supporting the loyalists or the pioneers or both or none? And Connor is lame.

Tawpgun

Just now starting into the War... Wish they handled this better. To me it seems like one day we were throwing tea off of boats and the other we're getting fucking shelled at Bunker Hill. Escalated rather quickly.

ironcreed

Banned
Fuck those flying almanac pages.

It's like Ubisoft looked at Crackdown 2's mobile orbs and thought "Hey, if they can piss the player off, so can we!"

Love the game, but chasing those are indeed pretty annoying, lol. They always disappear by the time I climb to a roof to try and get them.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
messing with the filters on the map showed me where an assassination contract was, then when i got near it "warning: reduce distance to target" and then the icon disappeared, no one to assassinate. No explanation.

This game is pretty frustrating.

iNvid02

a lockpick mini game for chests....

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Top Bottom