• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Andrew.

Banned
at the beginning of sync 2.

do the almanac pages and chests eventually show up on the map screen or do i have to actively search for them?

Effect

Question. Does the game or even the series suffer from it's own version of kill rooms?

Having just finished Batman Arkham Asylum and finally playing through Uncharted 2 (beat 1 some time ago and on chapter 25 of UC2 but debating not even finishing it and just watching the rest on youtube) I'm really sick of this game design. It's really the frequency at which it appears and that it's more then one wave of enemies you have to deal with it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Question. Does the game or even the series suffer from it's own version of kill rooms?

Having just finished Batman Arkham Asylum and finally playing through Uncharted 2 (beat 1 some time ago and on chapter 25 of UC2 but debating not even finishing it and just watching the rest on youtube) I'm really sick of this game design. It's really the frequency at which it appears and that it's more then one wave of enemies you have to deal with it.

There's one area in Boston where the enemies are pretty much endless if you're on lvl 2 notoriety.

im having a bitch of a time finding hiding spots when eluding the lobsters. why is there nothing on the minimap showing haybales/benches like in AC:B?

Smo21

So I'm on Sequence 6 and I was wondering if the glyphs are back? That was one of my fav parts of 2 and brohood.

kayos90

If that's the only place where one might encounter something like that then that's great. Thanks.

That's the only I recall. I'm sure there are others I didn't encounter. I was wondering how long I could abuse the counter system for my review. I lasted a good 30 minutes without getting hit.

GAMERG0D

When I complete certain missions I get a notification that says "A new tale is available in the ADB." What is this? It's been bugging me for the past 2 hours.

I'm up to sequence 6 and disappointed as well. It's not horrible, but doesn't feel polished. Frame rate issues, glitches, and feels empty overall. The controls are GARBAGE. I was excited when a lot of people compared the combat to Arkham Asylum, but i don't agree with that at all. The combat isn't fluid. It's the same old shit. Not only that but half the time the buttons don't even work and frame rate drops nearly every battle. Human shield and countering is a bitch. Easy to do, but up to luck whether the commands actually went through. Even the QTE's are laughable.

The almanac pages is a stupid idea Imo. Same thing for the mini treasure game. Even that shit doesn't feel polished. Fast travel is also a good idea but horribly executed. Why couldn't i just go straight to the mission instead of going through each territory and bunch of loading screens?

Hopefully the last half is better.

DeVeAn

I am on a mission called execution is everything. I cannot believe this shit. I can't seem to progress. This is not fun I hate instant fail missions.

GAMERG0D

Okay I think I got that.

Another thing I'm really wondering, when can I do the Mayan Temple preorder mission and get the sword?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This game has an astounding number of bugs, goddamn it. Really unpolished game overall and the controls are really not helping.

Game gets a lot better after Sequence 3 though.

george_us

This game has an astounding number of bugs, goddamn it. Really unpolished game overall and the controls are really not helping.

Game gets a lot better after Sequence 3 though.
The
Teen Connor
missions are a bit up and down or me to be honest. This may be the worst start to a game I've ever played. It's taking WAY too long for everything to get up and running.

Jrmint

Something I've been wondering.

What are the benefits to getting full Synchronization in the missions? Most of them I have gotten but certain ones I missed the optional objectives and don't want to replay it over and over to get it.

Will I be missing out on anything major, or is it just achievements and such?

Lima

The
Teen Connor
missions are a bit up and down or me to be honest. This may be the worst start to a game I've ever played. It's taking WAY too long for everything to get up and running.

It is probably the best start to a game I've ever played.

I LOVE it when they take things real slow and take their time to introduce all the characters and stuff.

This game is a start of a new trilogy and they did a pretty good job with that. Can't wait to see what they got in store next year.

7he Talon

Finding chests and selling goods via the trading menu through an accounting book.

Or just go hunting for a little while and sell the stuff.
Might go treasure hunting then. I find the accounting book a hassle to use. I feel like I put so much in and get nothing out.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Think this quest is bugged (early Conor stuff)
It's the one with Sam Adams where you are taking him to the printers, he said we should take the tunnels and says "come on" but then doesn't go anywhere, I can't find a tunnel entrance anywhere either...

ironcreed

Banned
Well, I'll be damned.
As much as I liked Haythan, now my father is my enemy. Pretty classic scenario.
And man is playing with Connor ever different? The way he fights and moves while climbing mountains and trees is better than anything the series has ever had. Sure, the combat may be easy, but the moves he pulls off are also some of the best I can recall seeing. It is just purely badass.

Also worth mentioning is how much of a slow burn this game is. I can see why that may put some people off, but I love how it just builds and builds, getting better and better. While I have enjoyed it from the start, the slower pacing really makes you appreciate the plot twists and different gameplay. Despite some quirkiness and slow down here and there, it really is a pretty damn amazing game.

Jharp

Ugh, having a rough time with some of the option objectives for full sync, and I'm
still playing as Haytham

For example, in the map-stealing mission early on when you first get to the frontier, where you have to blow up the cannons and can't kill anyone in order to get full sync, it was a giant pain in the ass taking out those two cannons as well as stealing the map without being seen, but the second I grabbed the map I was able to run off without failing the mission. Problem with that is, they chased me out of the fort, where my (without spoiling anything) contact was waiting for me. After losing the guards chasing me and running back to the contact in order to proceed the mission, she was being punted about by three guards, meaning I couldn't interact with her in order to progress. Would have been easy enough to take care of the situation if not for the optional objective forcing me not to kill anyone. It took about ten minutes of getting the attention of two of the three guards and subsequently losing their attention, then getting the attention of the last guard and getting him to chase me off of her as well. Problem with that? She chased him! So after finally losing his attention, hoping that she'd go back to the designated spot, she ended up just sitting where she was, quite some distance away. I was able to interact with her, but was greeted with a loading screen and no cinematic detailing the end of the mission, which I imagine is due to the cinematics all being rendered in real time, and our character models no longer being where the cinematic designated they need to be.

After waiting at the loading screen for about five minutes, hoping the game would somehow correct itself, I found I was able to "skip" the cinematic, even though it wasn't playing, and all I had was a loading screen staring back at me. I did so and the mission ended, but I didn't get to see what actually transpired.

And to think, that all could have been avoided if not for poorly placed optional objectives, or the simple ability to perform nonlethal takedowns.

I really hope this isn't indicative of the rest of the game, because this stuff is going to seriously add up and detract from what is so far a mostly-excellent game. That stuff really stands out to me, though, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Jharp

Can't you use your hands for non lethal take downs? Or do they count as kills?

Can you? It's been some time since I played 2 and Brotherhood, and I never played Revelations, and I don't recall it being mentioned so far in this game.

If I'm mistaken and talking out my ass, I'll happily stand corrected.

Can you? It's been some time since I played 2 and Brotherhood, and I never played Revelations, and I don't recall it being mentioned so far in this game.

I've only played the first 2 sequences so I'm not sure, they seemed non lethal when I did them though. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

exYle

Unarmed sneak takedowns don't count as deaths.

kayos90

They really needed to make a ship racing mode and ship battle for multiplayer with a fuckton of obstacles in the various maps. It's such an underappreciated gameplay component in the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Revelations was lethal, IIRC 2 and Brotherhoods were as well. I would assume 3 is as well.

Note: On guards. On civilians so long as you don't put them toward the "KO" limit you won't kill them and in certain situations you won't kill them either. I think it's a situational thing.

Omni

Yea you can go to the general store in Boston and get weapons and new outfits. It was all expensive though. I got the dark blue outfit and it looks pretty awesome.

Late reply, but where is the general store in boston? I can't find it on the map.

exYle

Revelations was lethal, IIRC 2 and Brotherhoods were as well. I would assume 3 is as well.

Note: On guards. On civilians so long as you don't put them toward the "KO" limit you won't kill them and in certain situations you won't kill them either. I think it's a situational thing.

They changed a lot of fundamentals about the game in 3.

Also, Ezio's hand-to-hand takedowns were... pretty lethal. I mean, you chose between curbstomping them or snapping their necks over your shoulder.

Top Bottom