• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Stark

Banned
It is probably the best start to a game I've ever played.

I LOVE it when they take things real slow and take their time to introduce all the characters and stuff.

I love that as well. It strengthens the characters & narrative for me.

malfcn

WTF IGN.

Just watched the review. "Without spoiling anything.."
I guess it isn't a shock, but I still didn't want to see it.

My gosh this game is overwhelmingly awesome. There's so many things to do (
after Sequence 5 anyway
:p) Really enjoying it!

Only problem I've had so far are the hunting QTE's, so frustrating.

CrazyDude

I wonder where the next game will take place? I am pretty sure they are planning to use Connor again since they said the only requirement for using him again would be for the game to sell well, which it will. The only logical place to take him would be to France, because I can't really think of anything in America which would allow for a whole another game.

nib95

Banned
Not a huge AC an, but played this with my cousins earlier and really liked it. Nice pacing, story, variety and setting. So far so great. So much so I told my cousin to buy me a copy tomorrow (he works at a retail store so I get a tidy discount).

Dead

well not really...yet
Bought the Hardcover Strategy Guids ( love those piggyback books), and holy shit @ at the amount of side content...

Ahasverus

They really needed to make a ship racing mode and ship battle for multiplayer with a fuckton of obstacles in the various maps. It's such an underappreciated gameplay component in the game.
With an entire campaign dedicated to it, I can't say it's an underappreciated component.

I don't either lol. I see no need to block atm.

But are you not able to counter-kill the bigger guys? I mean, I try, but they just push me back.

You can counter kill them if you take away their weapons. (sometimes) And sometimes you can get them during a kill streak.

dreamfall

Are there things unlocked for completing the optional objectives? Haven't been completing them, in defiance- but I'll start if they unlock new memories of something...

What was the point of the HO HO HO NAKED GUY AND NO PANTS thing in Paul Revere's mission when you got to Prescott's point? History joke I'm missing?

I wonder where the next game will take place? I am pretty sure they are planning to use Connor again since they said the only requirement for using him again would be for the game to sell well, which it will. The only logical place to take him would be to France, because I can't really think of anything in America which would allow for a whole another game.

Haven't beat it yet, but for how things are panning out I would hope from London, or have Conner sail to France and help fight the French Revolution shortly after.

megalowho

6 or 7 hours in now. While the glitches, framerate issues and graphical hiccups don't take away too much from my enjoyment of the game it's really disappointing to see how prevalent they are. I've literally been stuck mid sequence multiple times, not knowing if it's the fault of poorly designed checkpoints or bugs (it's been both). Feels like equal parts lack of optimization/polish and hardware that can't quite run the game they wanted to make. Will be very interested to see how the PC version turns out, it won't fix all the problems but there's significant room for improvement.

Loving the setting, pacing and character building going on so far. Also had my first real Desmond bit, that was pretty cool. Nice to finally see some payoff on that front, the character dialogue between modern day folks seems to be much improved as well (aside from Desmond constantly using the "first civ" moniker). Overall I'm sucked in, when the game isn't doing it's best to take me out of the moment.

Omni

Holy shit. Went to the docks in Boston and killed a bunch of guards and received the highest notoriety rating. I turn around to run back to the general store to get supplies, and no joke, there were at least 30 guards waiting for me... and they just kept on spawning.

Not sure if it was a glitch or what, but after a solid 15 minutes of killing mo-fos, I had to get out of there. Too many people in small area... couldn't coordinate at all. Currently hiding in some hay... hah

ultron87

It strangely bothers me that no one in game has mentioned this game's new Hidden Blade technology, that one of them detaches into a dagger.

It strangely bothers me that no one in game has mentioned this game's new Hidden Blade technology, that one of them detaches into a dagger.
Oh, shit! Didnt know this.... was curious what I was stabbing fools with lol.

Some other combat questions.... Can you still throw weapons? Where are the damn stores to buy weapons????? I'm on Sequence 9 and I feel like I NEVER see a shop :-/

Im still in sequence 2 but i absolutely hate the pacing in this game. Feels like im watching a movie. 2 steps - cutscene e.t.c

I am glad it opens up later and i cant wait to get there. love everything else (combat is still awesome). though i tend to get lost ordering allies, locking on, using guards for shields e.t.c

It can all get pretty hectic.

I love the slow gun reloading though, makes combat so much more fun.

Cant wait to get out into the frontier

So I just got this game and I'm having some trouble doing counters.

Sometimes it just sits there in slow motion and won't let me do anything.

Still in sequence 2. Despite the amazing opening, I feel like it's a little frustrating once you hit Boston. I've already had a mission where I was swearing at my tv. It just kind of feels a little weird. I felt like a badass from the start in past AC games. I feel like a blundering idiot so far and I've played every AC to date. I'm getting a hitman vibe from the early missions. I also clipped into a building early on and had to quit to the animus. Shooting feels weird. Apparently renaisance Italy had more responsive guns. Are Almanac pages missable per sequence?

Oh well, it's still early in the game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Think this quest is bugged (early Conor stuff)
It's the one with Sam Adams where you are taking him to the printers, he said we should take the tunnels and says "come on" but then doesn't go anywhere, I can't find a tunnel entrance anywhere either...

The very same happened to me, the entire mission was so frustrating.

I eventually walked to the marked location myself, but it was closed off by soldiers obviously, so I had to climb the roof of an unguarded side, drop down on the other side and run to the location before the Adams AI would randomly walk through the barrier trying to follow me and get killed.

There are so many scripting errors in this game it is unbelievable.

Daft_Cat

if I was bored with Assassin's Creed II will I like this game?

Maybe? It's different enough in some ways, but it's the same core concepts. Maybe you'll like the story/setting better this time. It definitely has a different atmosphere, which may or may not make it more immersive.

Akainu

So maybe it's just me but I don't think the framerate is that bad. Is it supposed to be? I'm just in the beginning just started sequenece 3. It's better than all of ac2's framerate. Does it get worse later?

Top Bottom