• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Anyone else redeem that 'Scratcher Pack' thing on Uplay?

Did it work for you? My tool amounts haven't raised at all, despite it being in the description saying that it lets you carry more.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh boy another don't get seen at all mission but even tougher. I've done this one 15 times and counting now and kicked the wall to avoid throwing my controller.

Ubi needs to stop pretending this is a fucking stealth series. They can't design that stuff for shit.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is something going on with Ubi's servers (NA)? I can't log in and it keeps putting me into limited mode for multiplayer. :/

tha_devil

Absolutely loving the game, only not very polished. A lot of bugs, i understand bugs that happen in sandbox but a lot of them are in scripted events.

Bad:
- lipsynching and emotions on faces in general
- To many same faces, now i understand this happen but in the missions where you have to warn people in 3 different houses, the EXACT same person opens the door 3 times.
- When riding horse your clothes seem to get inside the horse (same goes for connors earring that falls in his cheek).
- graphics dont seem improved, drawing distance seems worse (not AC fault per se, would love seeing this franchise on 720/ps4)
- some missions with bad checkpointing (especially stealth mission at beginning, had to replay that 5+times)

Good:
- new setting is refreshing, love the more open planned city and nature
- Health system
- Story
- Atmosphere is good
- hunting
- Naval battles
- missions are quite fun
- dropped unfun mechanics from previous games (bomb creating, den defense)

Is something going on with Ubi's servers (NA)? I can't log in and it keeps putting me into limited mode for multiplayer. :/

Yeah it's down for everyone right now.

Hello all,

Assassin's Creed IIII Xbox 360 multiplayer servers are temporarily unavailable. We are aware of the issue and the server teams are working to resolve it. I'll update everyone as I receive more information. Thank you for your patience!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/721946-Multiplayer-down

Linius

Absolutely loving the game, only not very polished. A lot of bugs, i understand bugs that happen in sandbox but a lot of them are in scripted events.

Bad:
- lipsynching and emotions on faces in general
- To many same faces, now i understand this happen but in the missions where you have to warn people in 3 different houses, the EXACT same person opens the door 3 times.
- When riding horse your clothes seem to get inside the horse (same goes for connors earring that falls in his cheek).
- graphics dont seem improved, drawing distance seems worse (not AC fault per se, would love seeing this franchise on 720/ps4)
- some missions with bad checkpointing (especially stealth mission at beginning, had to replay that 5+times)

Good:
- new setting is refreshing, love the more open planned city and nature
- Health system
- Story
- Atmosphere is good
- hunting
- Naval battles
- missions are quite fun
- dropped unfun mechanics from previous games (bomb creating, den defense)

Very early in the game you have to save some dudes who all three look exactly the same :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question, I've only played AC1 but am familiar with the stories of AC2 and Brotherhood from friends. I have Revelations from a sale a while back but I was waiting to play it until I got though 2 and Brotherhood. Is it worth just jumping into Revelations from a gameplay standpoint since I am relatively familiar with the story?

Wow in the 6th Sequence right now and while some of the gameplay mechanics has potential on the whole this game is pretty terrible. The combat system is so bad. If I were the developer behind this system I would be effing ashamed to show this to anyone in 2012. Downright horrendous. The story is an absolute snooze fest. For all the end of the world nonsense which has been forecast in the previous titles the pacing is so lethargic. This worked for RDR but not for this IMO. The main missions are an absolute snooze fest and where the da hell are the so called Assassination missions. This game should not be getting anything more than a 6 IMO. Terrible......absolutely terrible.

Jesus, I don't know how anyone can be this cynical. You've played that far into the game and you haven't found any enjoyment out of it?

And the combat is not all that bad once you get the hang of it. Try to chain kills.

Linius

Jesus, I don't know how anyone can be this cynical. You've played that far into the game and you haven't found any enjoyment out of it?

And the combat is not all that bad once you get the hang of it. Try to chain kills.

Chaning is awesome. I like the combat system in general. It's somewhat Batman Arkham Asylum/City like.

Wow in the 6th Sequence right now and while some of the gameplay mechanics has potential on the whole this game is pretty terrible. The combat system is so bad. If I were the developer behind this system I would be effing ashamed to show this to anyone in 2012. Downright horrendous. The story is an absolute snooze fest. For all the end of the world nonsense which has been forecast in the previous titles the pacing is so lethargic. This worked for RDR but not for this IMO. The main missions are an absolute snooze fest and where the da hell are the so called Assassination missions. This game should not be getting anything more than a 6 IMO. Terrible......absolutely terrible.

h5Sce.gif

This game is so buggy. My camera detached from my character and he is on a coach riding off while I watch. How do you miss such glaring issues?

Carbonox

Dat 3rd Sequence twist. It's not a complete shock but it was a very nice one nevertheless.

This game has clunk and polish issues when compared with the previous games but it's really starting to become more enjoyable as you progress. Sequence 4 and beyond are far more enjoyable and comfortable than the previous sequences IMO.

Quick

Banned
I'm at the beginning of the Brazil mission, and I'm climbing on top of the MMA octagon, and the stadium is quiet as hell. I hear a faint crowd noise when I move the camera facing downwards. The fighters aren't fighting (just standing there).

I know that this is a small part of the game as a whole, but I'm sure the dev team could've taken some time on the side to add better crowd noises, or make the fighters actually fight.

Skidd

Dat
Clutterbuck brothers
profile image. Did they seriously screencapture these images straight from their monitors, within Maya?

You're better than this Ubisoft. Still, it was pretty hilarious when I saw it.

You can clearly see the blue Z axis between the other guy's legs

FStop7

Banned
Starting to think it's a casualty of annualization.

Not only did they have to make holiday, they had to make holiday 2012 because of the nature of the story - end of the world, etc.

Plasmid

After playing this game for more than 10 hours i'm disappointed, combat system is shit, freerunning system is shit, i've loved every AC game but this has to be the most unpolished turd ubisoft has released.

/mad

Halcyon

Just finished the story.

ugh that was not a good game. The story was bad. Connor wasnt very interesting. The gameplay was all sorts of glitchy. The last chase sequence glitched on me about 5 times. It also wasnt climactic at all. Also doing the story doesnt even take you through 40% of the game. I didnt have to get any new weapons or upgrades. My health meter never grew. I had no idea how to get alot of money or new assassin recruits.

I cleared 1 fort. There wasnt any assassin tombs or interesting puzzly climby areas. No crazy patient 16 type stuff. Youre barely friends with washington or franklin. The stealth sections were not very well designed.

The frontier is cool but whats the point of hunting and all that? Theres crafting and trading but i have no idea why its useful.

This is just my feeling as the credits roll. Im really let down by this ending as well.

Maybe when i go back and start clearing the sidequests and completing all the collections ill have a better opinion of this. As of right now its left a worse impression on me than revelations.

I loved 2 and brotherhood :/

/endrant

rvy

Banned
Unpolished is to Assassin's Creed what peanut butter is to jelly. How this surprised anyone is weird. No patches gonna fix this buggy mess, lol.

After playing this game for more than 10 hours i'm disappointed, combat system is shit, freerunning system is shit, i've loved every AC game but this has to be the most unpolished turd ubisoft has released.

/mad

Couldn't have said it better, I'm in denial. "They couldn't mess this up? No, no!" This is much worse than AC2 though, that is why it's suprising.

1st Hour:
1. Character missing lip-sync in main cutscene. The guy turned into a ventriloquist
2. Camera detached from character preventing me from playing the game. (Known as a softlock in the game industry. Usually fixed..)
3. Enemies disappearing.
4. Muskets floating everywhere.
5. Flexibility of movement in missions restricted much more. (Not a bug but bad design.)

rvy

Banned
Couldn't have said it better, I'm in denial. "They couldn't mess this up? No, no!" This is much worse than AC2 though, that is why it's suprising.

1st Hour:
1. Character missing lip-sync in main cutscene. The guy turned into a ventriloquist
2. Camera detached from character preventing me from moving.
3. Enemies disappearing.
4. Muskets floating everywhere.

And this is with a day one patch, imagine if it weren't.
KuGsj.gif

But do look forward to Season Pass content before they even bother releasing more SP patches, if they ever do.

I get that the areas are huge and all, but come on man. Some debugging, FFS. R* has done a much better job at this and their games are much bigger.
Fucking Ubisoft needs to QA their AC games and delay them before releasing buggy messes like this.

The more I think about the story the worse it gets.
No character has any real development, Washington etc are only background characters(Benjamin Franklin only appears twice), They completely gloss over the interesting Templar/Freemason thing with a single line of dialog. Secondary characters just come and go.
The overall Assassins vs Templar thing in the Revolutionary period feels like a side story at best.

And this is with a day one patch, imagine if it weren't.
KuGsj.gif

But do look forward to Season Pass content before they even bother releasing more SP patches, if they ever do.

I get that the areas are huge and all, but come on man. Some debugging, FFS. R* has done a much better job at this and their games are much bigger.
Fucking Ubisoft needs to QA their AC games and delay them before releasing buggy messes like this.

I'm willing to bet that the issues were found by QA. Producers probably decided triage the mountain of bugs and "won't fix" or "postpone" to patch in order to meet their submission dealine to certification. I'm telling you this from experience... /sigh

rvy

Banned
I'm willing to be that the issues were found by QA. Producers probably decided triage the mountain of bugs and "won't fix" or "postpone" to patch in order to meet their submission dealine to certification. I'm telling you this from experience... /sigh

I can definitely see that happening. No respect for the consumers, as usual from big gaming corporations.

Up to the Third Sequence and apart from the game being visually arresting at times, I really can't say many good things about it. And I know, "wait till the game let's go of the reigns!" and all that, but it's the fundamentals of it that just seem half-assed and completely unpolished. I mean, reloading doesn't register half of the time, counter-registering is sketchy, the combat is just fucking boring (and I'm a sucker for good animation, which it does have in spades, but 2 buttons does not a good fighting system make). Everyone who thinks ACIII does this stuff well needs to go and play Arkham City right now and be elucidated something shocking.

And for the sake of fuck! I should be knee-deep in my wellies into the game after a couple hours in. Instead I'm getting drip-fed uninteresting trickles of gameplay. First impressions are important Ubisoft; you've basically made a racist joke and farted within 2 minutes of our meeting. If only your personality matched your handsome exterior.

Anyway, I'm more than positive that the game will improve, but the problem is that I don't want to reach that point right now. They really bungled the opening of this. There's no other way to put it.

I can definitely see that happening. No respect for the consumers, as usual from big gaming corporations.

It really hurts the dev team when marketing nails a date. "Hey the game will be out Oct 30!". The team is forced to crunch to meet it instead of just giving a date when the bug count drops.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy fuck climbing the viewpoints in the frontier is annoying.

Holy fucking shit the branches you swing from are so glitchy and you move between them only when your character wants. And when they finally fucking do when you get to the last one before the big swinging jump you have a chance that he'll preemptively jump into the hay bale below.

Jesus Christ this game is a buggy mess.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Holy fuck climbing the viewpoints in the frontier is annoying.

Holy fucking shit the branches you swing from are so glitchy and you move between them only when your character wants. And when they finally fucking do when you get to the last one before the big swinging jump you have a chance that he'll preemptively jump into the hay bale below.

Jesus Christ this game is a buggy mess.

The "nice" thing is that all the viewpoints trees in the frontier are the same, so when you knonw the sequence it's not a problem anymore. But yeah, it's both lazy to just put the same tree each time, and an annoying one at that.

Boogie9IGN

so uhhhhh I don't know if I lost my touch or what but I can't counter for shit in this game and it used to be so easy in the others. Is there a map of the controls on the PS3 version

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is there anything like in the first game you need to do between sequences? Anything in the game you can miss?

Stark

Banned
I feel like I haven't had the time to really get any interesting weather yet. I'm going to try and spend more time in the frontier and see if I can get some storms. I can't wait to see it though. Especially when I'm hanging around in a tree.

That's unfortunate. I usually take my time on story missions. Walking around and just running the rooftops so luckily it just happens.

rvy

Banned
I want to find the person who decided on these battlefield crossing mechanics and punch his face. Then throw a brick at his face. Then punch him again.

Top Bottom