• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

So what do you spend your money on in this game? There are no shops to renovate and no armour to upgrade or customize.

There's ship upgrades, which are admittedly pretty compelling, but is that really it?

meta4

Anyone who designed this Horse riding mechanic should leave games dev. Cant believe I wasted my cash on this turd.I seriously hope the Doomsday conspiracy comes through and wipes Desmond and the animus that allows access to his moronic ancestors for good.

Okay, got to sequence 6 tonight. Now for my typical AC OCD to kick in. I must do EVERYTHING before starting the next mission.
Have to learn the Homestead though. My mortal enemy of game design has appeared - crafting. I get it, people like to craft shit. Usually I can avoid these games bacause the word craft is in them. lf we're going for played out feature creep, I hate to say this, give me tower defense. At least I only had to play it once. The AC series has always been about broken economies where you are a multi-millionare three hours in. I have to work for my money? Fine.

Also the naval stuff makes me rage that that Pirates Of the Carribean open world game got canned.

Someone give Sid Meir eleventy billion trillion dollars and 500 people so we can make this naval stuff a full game.

Omni

Is there any 'special' armour / outfit in this game? There has been in every other game bar 1, so I presume that there would be. Haven't heard anything about it though

Appreciate the response, but I should have mentioned I do not want to do that. If the story needs to be experienced before AC3, then I will play Revelations first.

Saw that this guy hasn't gotten a response. The irony about Revelations is that doesn't reveal hardly anything. I love the AC series but Revelations has a straight to DVD feeling about it. You won't miss much if you skip it. It's not a bad game, but you will feel burned out if you jump in right after Brotherhood.

Just finished sequence 2. Goddamn this game is a glitchy shit. At the end of sequence 2, the fucking screen just started seizing out and shaking like crazy.

Draconian

So I missed part of this thread on release day and was going back and rereading it, which turned out to be a pretty bad idea. There are unmarked spoilers everywhere. Then again, I'm not sure why I'm surprised. Somebody posted a screenshot from the beginning of the game before it was even out that was a dead obvious spoiler and tried to pretend like it wasn't. Thankfully the thread has calmed down now, otherwise it'd be time for me to bail out.

Omni

So I missed part of this thread on release day and was going back and rereading it, which turned out to be a pretty bad idea. There are unmarked spoilers everywhere. Then again, I'm not sure why I'm surprised. Somebody posted a screenshot from the beginning of the game before it was even out that was a dead obvious spoiler and tried to pretend like it wasn't. Thankfully the thread has calmed down now, otherwise it'd be time for me to bail out.

Glad I missed a chuck of the thread then. Sucks if you got spoiled though... People really need to think about what they're posting more. Spoiler tags take seconds to put on.

Draconian

Glad I missed a chuck of the thread then. Sucks if you got spoiled though... People really need to think about what they're posting more. Spoiler tags take seconds to put on.

Thankfully I didn't. They're almost exclusively of Sequences 1-3, which apparently people don't think can be spoiled? I do agree that people need to use their heads. Ubisoft decided not to show any of that stuff for a reason.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Really disappointed by the removal of lock-on (or target select, whatever it's called) and the simplification of climbing. Don't know why they did either of these things. The implementation in AC Brotherhood and Revelations was more than adequate.

I just did the first naval mission during a storm and HOLY SHIT that was so amazing. Literally the best and most fun thing in this game so far, and I love everything else too

Gibbo

Has there been any impressions from the press about the PC version? The lack off comments from Ubisoft about that version is abit discouraging.

NZNova

Really disappointed by the removal of lock-on (or target select, whatever it's called) and the simplification of climbing. Don't know why they did either of these things. The implementation in AC Brotherhood and Revelations was more than adequate.

They didn't remove lock-on? I'm still able to lock on to targets with L1 on the PS3.

I'm just playing Sequence 6 at the moment and it finally feels like the world is opening up a bit. Boy, what a slow burn this game has been so far. I feel like I'm halfway through before I got to anything less linear.

Finished Sequence 25 in an open Wolfpack game with 4 people with (no mics), with 2 succesful sync kill sequences.

Best multiplayer experience of 2012.... :)

I hate the competitive MP but Wolfpack is a great mode, especially with good players (and preferably mics)

Now that all the MP-trophies are out of the way I can delve into the SP. Will check all the MP-movies and hacks on YT probably.

I'm having sound issues on 360. Dialog and I think some of the stuff like Connors footsteps aren't working right now. It's really jarring. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Edit: never mind. Forgot I was fooling around with my receiver. I guess my centre got disconnected. Haha. Whoops!

Linius

While walking around in N.Y. I did some side stuff (helping civilians etc.) which of course raised my notorious rate. So everytime I come across some guards they will attack. I remember from previous AC games that wanted posters and other things you can do to get incognito again appeared on the map but now I have nothing. Am I doing something wrong or did they just remove those things from the map to make it harder?

JB1981

It's not only removed but improved IMO. The camera changes to a closer, more over the shoulder view and allows you to track your target much better.

While walking around in N.Y. I did some side stuff (helping civilians etc.) which of course raised my notorious rate. So everytime I come across some guards they will attack. I remember from previous AC games that wanted posters and other things you can do to get incognito again appeared on the map but now I have nothing. Am I doing something wrong or did they just remove those things from the map to make it harder?

Yeah, the posters don't appear on the minimap anymore. You can also bribe printers and heralds (paperboys).

Tankshell

Is this game world still divided up into smaller (but still large) areas this time around? Or is it totally freeroam with no load screens?

Linius

Is this game world still divided up into smaller (but still large) areas this time around? Or is it totally freeroam with no load screens?

There are loading screens when you enter houses. And of course when you switch between area's. I believe there are four area's you can travel between.

Nemesis_

There is still areas that it is divided in to, though it's not as obvious.

Ie. Boston isn't just the city, but a surrounding area as well.

Not as far as I'm aware. A community manager on the Ubi Forums said that the PC features will be announced "soon".
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720768-AC3-Will-PC-Version-look-better-than-Console?p=8665521&viewfull=1#post8665521

I expect we will get exciting and awesome pc features such as "Adjustable Resolution!!!!", "Adjustable Settings!!", "Anti-Aliasing!!!", "Keyboard and Mouse Support!!"

You know, all those basic standard pc requirements that have been part of PC gaming for years but are now seemingly bullet points on a press release.

Top Bottom