• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

So I had all these pre order DLC things to redeem, I entered them into the PSN store and this is what it says I redeemed:
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Siege of Maastricht Hood
Assassin’s Creed® Unity National Guard Trousers
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Isenburg-Birnstein Belt
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Armorsplitter Axe
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Parade Pistol
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Hooked Impaler
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Arno's French Rapier

How do I access them?

just became an assassin
and I do not see them in the store or my inventory. I do see the arm splitter axe though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me or is this thread quite quiet for a game that's just released?

The current atmosphere on the forum regarding this game doesn't really allow for much discussion of the actual content and mechanics.

Things will settle down soon enough, though.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cover and low profile suck. They need to be fixed big time in the next installment. Cover especially should've just been 'sticky' rather than a dedicated button press.

By the way for missions with cover kill optional objectives, don't bother trying to lure enemies to cover. Just walk up next to them stealthily, cover to the closest surface and then kill them. Faster, even if a little stupid.

Yeah and european release is tomorrow ;)

Yeah, digital copy unlocks midnight tonight for most of Europe. The download started when I turned on my PS4 and it actually maxed out my connection occasionally (10MB/s). So I expect all 40+GB to be downloaded tomorrow morning allowing me to have a brief glimpse and if I am lucky remote play will allow me to make my colleagues at work a bit jealous too (there are two fans of the series that don't have PS4 yet).

From what I have seen the game is quite beautiful and the city enormous.

Lizardus

Uplay down for anyone else?

eIQatEW.png

How did you open up assassin's to move through the nomad quests?

Have I just not played enough in the main game to open up the assassin lackeys?
Have you left Versailles?

I'm honestly not entirely sure what I'm doing. I've been going to the purple spots that are marked on the map (in-game, so they unlock in-app) and doing the glyph puzzles. From there I send send my assassins (which I recruited through the app..somehow) on the 9 unlocked missions. No idea how to open those chests or how to get new recruits though.
Uplay down for anyone else?

eIQatEW.png

Yeah. Companion app isn't logging in either.

ZeroX03

Banned
I managed to get into Uplay and redeem some rewards but they won't unlock in my game. I also managed to get into Intiaites once but not since. Online is borked.

malfcn

Want there an article or video from Ubi saying they would never launch a game, specifically AC, broken and would delay it before going gold? What happened.

Ragona

shot the game at a 3for2 offer which accidentally worked for preorders... tomorrow is pickup date
-> Has there been any word from Ubisoft yet and is there a realistic chance the framerate can be stabilized with a patch?

Very unsure whether to pick this up or not ( PS4)

So I had all these pre order DLC things to redeem, I entered them into the PSN store and this is what it says I redeemed:
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Siege of Maastricht Hood
Assassin’s Creed® Unity National Guard Trousers
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Isenburg-Birnstein Belt
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Armorsplitter Axe
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Parade Pistol
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Hooked Impaler
Assassin’s Creed® Unity Arno's French Rapier

How do I access them?

just became an assassin
and I do not see them in the store or my inventory. I do see the arm splitter axe though.

Ah, I see them in the Estore but when I click to download it takes me to the PSN store and says "this content is not available at this time" Anyone know how to get these items to work?

Okay, coop is really where it's at. This is probably my favorite AC multiplayer so far and I actually enjoyed the MP in previous games.

Also, the French dub is actually good.

Have you left Versailles?

I'm honestly not entirely sure what I'm doing. I've been going to the purple spots that are marked on the map (in-game, so they unlock in-app) and doing the glyph puzzles. From there I send send my assassins (which I recruited through the app..somehow) on the 9 unlocked missions. No idea how to open those chests or how to get new recruits though.

Yeah. Companion app isn't logging in either.
i can't do any app missions since connecting the app to the game and losing all my assassins

RedAssedApe

Banned
i find it super dumb that people on my friends list who DON'T own the game show up in the world.

got all excited thinking that one of my friends picked up the game and was available for co-op :( WHY UBI?! Does the invite option send them a message telling them to buy the game? Or does it actually send them a game invite for a game they don't own? Or does it simply do nothing? lol

I decided to buy AC Freedom Cry in the PS4, and am tempted to just play through that and wait for either Dragon Age or Far Cry 4. I loved all the AC games but the reception of this one with the bugs has me pretty put off getting it.

DOWN

Banned
So are you enjoying the game? Is the frame rate really that bad? I am still undecided whether to pick up my copy or not.
It's definitely playable, and definitely needs to be improved with patches. It's just about always in the mid 20s frame rate. But it's also the most creatively big vision for the series.

I don't regret buying it, but there's a strong hope that they reward me for it by patching it up

fernoca

Ah, I see them in the Estore but when I click to download it takes me to the PSN store and says "this content is not available at this time" Anyone know how to get these items to work?
Got them all too.
Make sure each downloaded and installed (from the PS4 Library).
You can do so while aying and the game will notify you it unlocked each.

Then you just pause and...well not have the game on right now, but right were you customize your looks, weapons and armor. Each one that unlocked will show a yellow checkmark.

Keeping in mind that the guns and heavy armor, require the individual skills to be used ( handguns and heavy weapons).

But the hoods, belts and swords can be used right the moment you become an assassin.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This is awesome! Night time available? Never saw it during twitch streams.

Yeah there is four time of day to chose from: dawn, afternoon, dusk, night

I think dawn is the least nice, lots of fog, but afternoon and dusk look really good. The contrasts from dark to light is really nice, and the real-life scale of the buildings and seamless interiors help a lot in that regard.

And I repeat for others who missed it: hold R3 to make the HUD disappear. The hud really hides too much and breaks the immersion.

bumpkin

It's definitely playable, and definitely needs to be improved with patches. It's just about always in the mid 20s frame rate. But it's also the most creatively big vision for the series.

I don't regret buying it, but there's a strong hope that they reward me for it by patching it up
Seconded. I'm playing on XB1 and it's very playable; way better than AC3 (the last one I played) as far as the characters and setting goes, too.

i can't do any app missions since connecting the app to the game and losing all my assassins
I had the same thing happen to me. It was kind of neat seeing the App recognize where I was on the map in the game and showing me all of the various mission/treasure icons though.

KorrZ

I decided to buy AC Freedom Cry in the PS4, and am tempted to just play through that and wait for either Dragon Age or Far Cry 4. I loved all the AC games but the reception of this one with the bugs has me pretty put off getting it.

If you like AC already then you will love this game, it's the best AC game since Brotherhood IMO. Really it's just a matter of if you can look past the technical issues or not.

Yeah there is four time of day to chose from: dawn, afternoon, dusk, night

I think dawn is the least nice, lots of fog, but afternoon and dusk look really good. The contrasts from dark to light is really nice, and the real-life scale of the buildings and seamless interiors help a lot in that regard.

And I repeat for others who missed it: hold R3 to make the HUD disappear. The hud really hides too much and breaks the immersion.

Niiiiiiice, sounds really good.

Matchew

I don't have this game but the impressions in here make it sound like it's a lot of fun. Are the technical issues any worse than past games? None of them have ever really ran well.

Osahi

If you like AC already then you will love this game, it's the best AC game since Brotherhood IMO. Really it's just a matter of if you can look past the technical issues or not.
This. Also, post patch the framerate isn't an unplayable disaster as some claim it to be. Last gen ac framerates stumbled too and its not much worse. And Rogue stutters on me harder at places even

What's that on PC?

Also, while being able to change the time of day is nice, why did they decide to remove dynamic time of day? You can start at night, play for 6 hours, and it will still be night (so long as you don't start a story mission).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Way worse.

No way. I stopped playing ACB because of how bad the framerate was just after I arrived in Rome. It was also pretty bad on ACIV in the cities. AC3 was horrible on this end in the frontier. This game runs better than most past ACs. I'm playing on Xbox, so may e this helps. In this one I had issues in specific missions, but at least in free roam it's been fine, certainly not worst than games I played and liked on previous gen.

And on top of that, this one is at least fun, all other ACs since AC2 never lived up to AC2 until this one IMO.

What's that on PC?

No idea

Vire

The past Assassin Creed games did not run worse than this no way. This is a steady 20 fps in crowds not even 3 was this bad. It really is the most technically flawed of all of them. However the game still does a lot of other things right with the new combat and stealth.

RedAssedApe

Banned

+1

glitches i'm seeing posted are pretty funny. i haven't experienced any of them though. fps is sub-30 and the pop-in is kind of noticeable while looking at crowds from above...but so far i am enjoying it a lot more than i thought i would based on reviews and all the ass threads. glad i didn't listen to all the "pre-order cancelled" people or people calling this game unplayable.

there where a couple of parts in sequence 2.2 (climbing stained glass window and arno drinking from a cup) where fps seemed to dip into single digits and game became a slide show. that seems like something they could fix in a patch though.

Google has failed me.

I'm trying to figure out how to unlock some of the outfits. Particularly, the templar outfit and Ezio's outfit. But the game tells me "Play Assassin's Creed Initiates."

What IS Initiates? Do I simply need to "play it" once to unlock this stuff? If not, what exactly do you have to do?

BTW, I think this is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a AAA game.

No way. I stopped playing ACB because of how bad the framerate was just after I arrived in Rome. It was also pretty bad on ACIV in the cities. AC3 was horrible on this end in the frontier. This game runs better than most past ACs. I'm playing on Xbox, so may e this helps. In this one I had issues in specific missions, but at least in free roam it's been fine, certainly not worst than games I played and liked on previous gen.

And on top of that, this one is at least fun, all other ACs since AC2 never lived up to AC2 until this one IMO.

Opinions, I guess. I never had any issues with the AC's up to this one, technical-wise. This one at least plays a modicum better than 3 did, but it's nowhere near 2 or its sequels.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Google has failed me.

I'm trying to figure out how to unlock some of the outfits. Particularly, the templar outfit and Ezio's outfit. But the game tells me "Play Assassin's Creed Initiates."

What IS Initiates? Do I simply need to "play it" once to unlock this stuff? If not, what exactly do you have to do?

i think you just need to have played the previous ass games and have linked up to uplay. initiates is supposed to track that. initiates wasn't working for me though...although for some reason the edward kenway outfit unlocked for me

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

I'm not unlocking any of this. It should all be available in the game somehow and then if you want to unlock it right away ok play Initiates or whatever, but don't make it the only way to get them.

Anyway I prefer the customization than the unlockable outfits. All unlockable outfits in all ACs looked bad. And the only one I would like to have is ACR's Ezio outfit, it's not there. Altair's outfit isn't even the full thing, it's missing the big metallic buckle and I think some other stuff.

i think you just need to have played the previous ass games and have linked up to uplay. initiates is supposed to track that. initiates wasn't working for me though...although for some reason the edward kenway outfit unlocked for me

You also need to find the corresponding chest in game.

What about the Templar outfit? Which game is that tied to?

RedAssedApe

Banned
You also need to find the corresponding chest in game.

ah that must be it. i don't remember where i found the edward one...maybe it was in the cafe or something.

is initaties even working though? when i login it doesn't show that i've between any of the previous ass games. i know for sure i had AC4 linked.

Top Bottom