• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Someone just posted an integrity check bypass on the cheat engine forums. This will allow me to start working on my free camera + FOV.

Freezing time is another story. Hopefully I can figure that one out.
family-guy-good-good-o.gif

Looking forward to it.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm glad Ubisoft dreamt big with this title - it holds up on (a very good) PC and I'm enjoying this a lot. Very impressed by it and I got bored of AC as a series a while back. This is the sort of game I was waiting for. Great detail, great everything (although I'm only a few hours in).

Yes people want a nice smooth experience, and they deserve it, but I don't want Ubisoft to be put off making games with great big scope like this in the future, just to give them all the time they and we deserve.

So I had 420 Helix credits last night, people told me they were from the story. I didnt really care about anything I could get with them, but just figured I would buy the collectible maps. I go to buy them and it says I have 0 now. It also cant even connect to the menu that lists all the things u can buy, and I cant connect to uplay still either. Is everything just messed up right now?

Edit: nvm, just kept trying to enter that menu and they showed up eventually, and I got into the menu

Fully upgraded my cafe yesterday and finished all the theater missions! Getting about 5k every 20 minutes so I don't really have to worry about money anymore, especially with the side missions and chests. This game is turning out to be my favorite assassin's creed by far, honestly.

ViciousDS

Banned
So I had 420 Helix credits last night, people told me they were from the story. I didnt really care about anything I could get with them, but just figured I would buy the collectible maps. I go to buy them and it says I have 0 now. It also cant even connect to the menu that lists all the things u can buy, and I cant connect to uplay still either. Is everything just messed up right now?

uplay has been down for me since I loaded the companion app yesterday. Which there is no points in doing anything on the app if it can't sync....because it just restarts it all over from the beginning of the app again, all progress goes bye bye. I really want to login to uplay to start opening the blue chests for doing nomad garbage on the app, but uplay is constantly down.

Dead

well not really...yet
Fully upgraded my cafe yesterday and finished all the theater missions! Getting about 5k every 20 minutes so I don't really have to worry about money anymore, especially with the side missions and chests. This game is turning out to be my favorite assassin's creed by far, honestly.
Yeah, also noticed later side missions and co-ops give you tons of cash

And to think there were people trying to paint the game as it being designed around microtransactions by having the game pay out less money to the player. Totally false.

zkorejo

Nostradamus riddles are really tough. I just cant solve them. Esp the one about "Notre dame twins looking down etc."

I have been unlocking the red chests all around. I have made alot of money with it and have been using it to renovate more cafes.

Dead

well not really...yet
Nostradamus riddles are really tough. I just cant solve them. Esp the one which is between the Notre dame and St Chapelle.
It's a church located right in the middle of the map between the two. It has a french flag hanging from it.

Kaswa101

I'm a bit confused on this Initiates thing. Can anyone explain how you're supposed to level up and unlock he outfits etc? Please? :p

KorrZ

Nostradamus riddles are really tough. I just cant solve them. Esp the one about "Notre dame twins looking down etc."

That one took me a minute as well, but once you run between the two it makes sense...

Spoilers for that riddle
There are 2 churches in between the Notre Dame and the St Chapelle, the clue is on one of the churches

zkorejo

That one took me a minute as well, but once you run between the two it makes sense...

Spoilers for that riddle
There are 2 churches in between the Notre Dame and the St Chapelle, the clue is on one of the churches

I see. Thanks for the info. I will check it out the next time i play. BTW do I have to start the riddle from part 1 all over again or will it continue if I just go looking for it?

SJRB

Gold Member

I have been unlocking the red chests all around. I have made alot of money with it and have been using it to renovate more cafes.

Those are insanely hard. Like, seriously.

uplay has been down for me since I loaded the companion app yesterday. Which there is no points in doing anything on the app if it can't sync....because it just restarts it all over from the beginning of the app again, all progress goes bye bye. I really want to login to uplay to start opening the blue chests for doing nomad garbage on the app, but uplay is constantly down.

Mine only wiped the first time I connected to the game on night of release. I have been logged out of uplay and logged back in and havent been wiped...same for being disconnected from my game and connecting again

zkorejo

Those are insanely hard. Like, seriously.

Yea it makes you feel like Robert Langdon from Dan Brown's Angels and Demons at first (looking at the buildings and symbols), but when you dont get it right the second or third time, it makes you feel really dumb. I like it though.

Dahbomb

Those riddles would be easier if you knew about locations in Paris by heart. I solved a couple and just gave up on the rest, it would take too much time so now I am going to YT them.

Ledhead

I'm playing on PS4 and I agree with your friend's roommate. I often stop and marvel at how good the game looks as I play.

I'll accept that some people really are having a miserable time getting hit by bugs and constant sub 20 frame rates if folks like you will accept that some of us simply aren't having that kind of experience with the game. 20+ hours in, I've had only a handful of minor glitches, generally involving a random NPC here and there doing something weird, and precisely two cases of bizarre unaccounted for fps apocalypse. It just isn't enough to significantly impact the fun I'm having the other 99% of the time. I'm not seeing the broken mess of a game others are describing. If others are, my heart and sympathies go out to them. Personally, I had a much worse time playing AC3.

That doesn't mean I think it's OK for Ubisoft or anyone else to release a game with this many bugs, and fuck Ubisoft for continually doing so. But I'm not gonna lie... Unity is not "broken" in my experience. Far from it.

I agree. As far as AC games go, aside from the odd framerate dip, my experience has been pretty good.

So there's a customisation piece called "Arno's tailored hood" which can be earned by completing the co-op mission "The Food Chain", but for some reason I only got 1 out of the 3 rewards when I completed it (and it wasn't the hood), anyone know why this is???

I really want the hood :(

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
PS4 Notes:
  • Fixed a potential crash during a Coop mission when achieving 100% completion of main objectives and a few side missions.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could fall through the floor.
I updated earlier today and had that floor glitch, is this a new update?

zkorejo

I agree. As far as AC games go, aside from the odd framerate dip, my experience has been pretty good.

Same here.

I feel the game gets a bit janky after playing co-op and returning. But it gets back to being normal when I fast travel.

I am having a great time with this game.

Zugma

So there's a customisation piece called "Arno's tailored hood" which can be earned by completing the co-op mission "The Food Chain", but for some reason I only got 1 out of the 3 rewards when I completed it (and it wasn't the hood), anyone know why this is???

Replaying the mission another two times will earn you the other rewards.

zkorejo

You have to complete The Food chain thrice in order to unlock all three rewards. I got it the second time I completed that co-op mission.

KorrZ

Those riddles would be easier if you knew about locations in Paris by heart. I solved a couple and just gave up on the rest, it would take too much time so now I am going to YT them.

I think they would be alright if you hit all the viewpoints first - at least then you would have most of the landmarks uncovered, which at least from the first set of riddles they all seemed to be based off of landmark locations.

I'm playing on PS4 and I agree with your friend's roommate. I often stop and marvel at how good the game looks as I play.

I'll accept that some people really are having a miserable time getting hit by bugs and constant sub 20 frame rates if folks like you will accept that some of us simply aren't having that kind of experience with the game. 20+ hours in, I've had only a handful of minor glitches, generally involving a random NPC here and there doing something weird, and precisely two cases of bizarre unaccounted for fps apocalypse. It just isn't enough to significantly impact the fun I'm having the other 99% of the time. I'm not seeing the broken mess of a game others are describing. If others are, my heart and sympathies go out to them. Personally, I had a much worse time playing AC3.

That doesn't mean I think it's OK for Ubisoft or anyone else to release a game with this many bugs, and fuck Ubisoft for continually doing so. But I'm not gonna lie... Unity is not "broken" in my experience. Far from it.

Same here.

I feel the game gets a bit janky after playing co-op and returning. But it gets back to being normal when I fast travel.

I am having a great time with this game.

Dammit, guys. I brought my unopened copy to work today with the intent of stopping at Best Buy later and returning it. Now you're making me rethink my plan.

Kabouter

So...are people having fun. I'm still tempted to buy it for the PS4

Yeah, I'm having a blast so far, and like others frequently marvel at how great the game looks. The whole reason I love Assassin's Creed is the worlds they allow you to walk through, and I think this might be their best one yet. Playing on PC though, so I can't speak to PS4-specific issues.

rBose

Banned
I'm glad Ubisoft dreamt big with this title - it holds up on (a very good) PC and I'm enjoying this a lot. Very impressed by it and I got bored of AC as a series a while back. This is the sort of game I was waiting for. Great detail, great everything (although I'm only a few hours in).

Yes people want a nice smooth experience, and they deserve it, but I don't want Ubisoft to be put off making games with great big scope like this in the future, just to give them all the time they and we deserve.

laughs

Mr.Fresh

Thinkin about picking this up in a few mins is it really THAT bad? I was so hyped for this! So should I pull the trigger and pick up my preorder or just cancle it and get something else?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Edit: nvm, just kept trying to enter that menu and they showed up eventually, and I got into the menu

Hey btw do you still have that stutter issue after dying? My cousin has the game on PS4 and I was wondering if he has the same issue.

Hey btw do you still have that stutter issue after dying? My cousin has the game on PS4 and I was wondering if he has the same issue.

yeah, it still happens. It happens anytime I come back to my single player game after a co op mission too. It looks so dumb when it happens lol. I really dont get what it is.

Thinkin about picking this up in a few mins is it really THAT bad? I was so hyped for this! So should I pull the trigger and pick up my preorder or just cancle it and get something else?

As much as I enjoyed the game right now, I couldn't really recommend this game to everyone unless you don't have anything else to play right now. I'd say wait for the framerate patch.

Dude just kept carving away at his invisible piece of wood with his invisible knife.

And then:

I met the sneakiest assassin ever.

Best glitch I had was a woman panicking from us slaughtering people and she just started stepping right over the little store tents and crates, then got to a huge ass building and went right over it too like it was fucking nothing.

JPS Kai

I just got booted out of a multiplayer match then got told there was a 1.02 update (PS4) that's 882mb.

Hopefully this'll fix the busted uPlay/initiates integration.

zkorejo

WHAT

The mission was great, but man was it long, I don't want to play it again

Its co-op, everytime it feels different if you are playing with different randoms causing different problems everytime. I dont think playing thrice for three guaranteed rewards is so bad. Maybe Destiny has changed how I feel about repeating the same missions.

But well, it all comes down to... how much do you want that tailored hood.

Mafro

Since Wikipedia still does not have the plot of Unity written yet, can someone please tell me if anything happens with the present day stuff? I remember in AC4 stuff happens with Rebecca and Shaun was wondering if anything else happened since nothing happened with them in AC Rogue's present day. (Don't plan on playing this game till late next year, so spoil away) Thanks!
It's been scaled way back. It just happens through videos of Shaun and Rebecca talking to you.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Reading elsewhere that PS4 Unity had two patches roll out today and one of them supposedly fixes the frame rate. Any truth to that? I'm at work and cannot check.

UrbanRats

Wait.
The game is bugged beyond belief and it's not worth the full price.
--
ALso, i'm at the start, but so far the combat is puzzling me.
I'm pretty sure i hit the parry button in the right moment, but yet i fail 60% of the times (and die in one hit).
If i can parry in Dark Souls and Bayonetta, i'm pretty sure i should be able to parry here, too, lol.

It wouldn't even be a problem if the stealth wasn't so shitty, it makes me miss Sam Fisher from Blacklist.

Other than that, and the game being a glitchy mess, i can see the potential hidden underneath.

Top Bottom