• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Skux

Quick question about outfits. Do they have any bonus attributes? I just unlocked the enigma armor and my stats didn't change at all. Is it there so the user can have a unified look even though they are wearing various types of equipment?

Pretty sure the oufits are cosmetic only. You can check by putting on health items, then putting on the outfit and see if your health stays the same.

Skux

New patch notes for PS4 and PC

[PS4 ONLY] Notes For Patch 2: 11/14/14
Here are the patch release notes for the latest title update that has been deployed to PS4 platforms

Fixed an issue where under some circumstances, Arno can fall through ground when free running on various props or when dropping down on to an NPC.
Fixed an issue where it is possible for Arno to get stuck in a hay cart next to the Pantheon in the Bièvre district.
Fixed an issue that may cause a game crash when joining the co-op session of another player who has a specific single player and side missions progression.

Note that even with this patch, players may still experience:
Most framerate issues that have been reported since the release of the game
Performance issues

[PC ONLY] Notes For Patch 2: 11/14/14
Notes for Patch 2

Fixed an issue where under some circumstances, Arno can fall through ground when free running on various props or when dropping down on to an NPC.
Fixed an issue where it is possible for Arno to get stuck in a hay cart next to the Pantheon in the Bièvre district.
Fixed an issue that may cause a game crash when joining the co-op session of another player who has a specific single player and side missions progression.
Improved performance in cinematic on low HW configurations
Fixed various flickering issues on nVidia SLI and AMD CrossFire configurations
Fixed various Graphic issues
Fixed light artifacts in PCSS shadows
Fixed problem with refresh rate on a first game launch.

Fixed various Input issues
Other keyboard/mouse fixes in several menu pages.

Fixed issues with “Invite to game” option when it was becoming unavailable after host migration, when it was active for all recent players instead of only for friends
Fixed issues with Helix Credits

Performance issues

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Have people been able to sync the phone app with their current in game progress? I haven't been able to for about a day, so I can only replay the first three training missions over and over again. -_-

Ruff

Finished the story.

The fact that I don't recall a single mission where I have to follow an NPC for 10 minutes while staying undetected and within earshot makes this one of my top AC games and the main reason i refuse to replay AC4 where i recall having to do it once every other mission it seems.

zorbsie

Pretty sure the oufits are cosmetic only. You can check by putting on health items, then putting on the outfit and see if your health stays the same.

You're right it's just cosmetic. Not bad, I look like a bad ass and can have the bonuses I want applied.

How feasible is it to do the Nostradamus fragments without a guide?

You'd have to know Paris really well. Some of the clues are fairly obscure. I have no shame I used a guide.

Have people been able to sync the phone app with their current in game progress? I haven't been able to for about a day, so I can only replay the first three training missions over and over again. -_-

I couldnt link this morning, or most of yesterday. A companion mission randomly showed up in my Unity game a couple hours ago, but i still cant connect to the app

Those that have finished - how is the overall story/modern day stuff? I love the lore of AC (as silly as it has been getting lately) so that's a big draw point for me.

kaiiri

You're right it's just cosmetic. Not bad, I look like a bad ass and can have the bonuses I want applied.

You'd have to know Paris really well. Some of the clues are fairly obscure. I have no shame I used a guide.

any trick to getting initiative to sync with other ac games? or do I just have to go from 1 (well I'm 6 now I think) from ac: u? the only outfit that unlocked for me was kenway's. but I've literally played all the ac games from the first. =**(

Ya' know. Unity at least brought us all together in a common hate for unfinished games.

Has anyone that was experiencing coop issues(like being unable to join) on the PC had them fixed by this patch.

Ruff

Those that have finished - how is the overall story/modern day stuff? I love the lore of AC (as silly as it has been getting lately) so that's a big draw point for me.

Barely any, You're contacted by "Bishop" and Shaun through scarce cutscenes (who may or may not be Rebecca)over the course of the story, and you go as far as WW2 france for about 15 minutes during 1 of the 3 "rifts" and that's the extent. Bare minimum modern day story progression.

Kaswa101

So, I am in Seq 3 now and really enjoying the game on the PS4. I had 2-3 crazy framerate drops (while climbing, 1 of them reproduced from a video I saw). While it sucks, it doesn't really ruin the game for me yet. Walking through large crowds doesnt drop the framerate for me (or at least I dont feel that much of a drop, but I habe been really generous to low framerates in the past too...).

The game has a lot of good things going for it. Arno is as cool as Ezio, so is the setting compared to Ezios adventures. The murder cases are a lot of fun (Watch Dogs could have needed something like this), the Nostradamus Puzzles were really tricky yet. There is just so much to do that I don't really get the time to play the main story.

The game has technical flaws, but they really don't kill the game for me. Funny thing, many reviewers gave low scored based on the game, ignoring the technical flaws. I really don#t get it (8h into the game). Having more fun than in the last AC games.

Agreed 100%. This may end up being my favourite AC game overall so I don't know what the hell reviewers are smoking lol. Opinions and all that, I know, but still. I feel like critics were way too hard on this.

Bebpo

Banned
This enigma riddles are probably my favorite part so far. Really like how they get you to get to know the city. No tail missions are great, but still some insta-fail so far, the early PR made it sound like they were removing the insta-fail and it'd be more like MGS where any situation can morph into a new situation if you're detected instead of just restarting from checkpoint.

Modern day stuff is a shame, probably the second worst in the series, only beaten by the FPS platforming of Rev. Time rifts seem to be the "modern day" replacement, but they lack the story context.

One thing I don't get is how since AC:B they haven't been able to capture the economy/upgrade your base system again. ACIV was visually cool base-building but it didn't really do much except use all your money, AC2/B did it great with walking through town upgrading shops, buying paintings to display, increasing everything in your Villa to bring in more money for yourself. I'd really like a nice upgrade system like this again some day in an AC.

Would like to see them take this engine, which is gorgeous, and scope and add back the ocean and sailing for an even bigger scope. Have a game like Unity, but with a smaller Paris at the expense of a second major city that you can sail to with islands and things in-between.

Also, lack of deathmatch, versus MP modes is a bit of a shame with such a huge Paris and so much space to make fun cat & mouse chases. They should do a multiplayer focused DLC expansion that adds versus game styles to play in the city.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Muffdraul

Finally got around to uploading a clip of that annoying glitch that happens to my game anytime I die. It seriously looks like my game has a pulse lol. Its harder to notice in this vid, but still noticeable...just look at the cape. It makes lockpicking extremely difficult as well, which I included in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPB-z9rFmk&feature=youtu.be

That's only happened to me twice, once inside the room with the huge circular stained glass window early in the game, and once when I was climbing on the outside of one of the cathedrals. In both cases it was very brief.

Aces&Eights

This enigma riddles are probably my favorite part so far. Really like how they get you to get to know the city. No tail missions are great, but still some insta-fail so far, the early PR made it sound like they were removing the insta-fail and it'd be more like MGS where any situation can morph into a new situation if you're detected instead of just restarting from checkpoint.

Modern day stuff is a shame, probably the second worst in the series, only beaten by the FPS platforming of Rev. Time rifts seem to be the "modern day" replacement, but they lack the story context.

One thing I don't get is how since AC:B they haven't been able to capture the economy/upgrade your base system again. ACIV was visually cool base-building but it didn't really do much except use all your money, AC2/B did it great with walking through town upgrading shops, buying paintings to display, increasing everything in your Villa to bring in more money for yourself. I'd really like a nice upgrade system like this again some day in an AC.

Would like to see them take this engine, which is gorgeous, and scope and add back the ocean and sailing for an even bigger scope. Have a game like Unity, but with a smaller Paris at the expense of a second major city that you can sail to with islands and things in-between.

Also, lack of deathmatch, versus MP modes is a bit of a shame with such a huge Paris and so much space to make fun cat & mouse chases. They should do a multiplayer focused DLC expansion that adds versus game styles to play in the city.

I think we were seperated at birth. This is exactly what I want in an AC game.

That's only happened to me twice, once inside the room with the huge circular stained glass window early in the game, and once when I was climbing on the outside of one of the cathedrals. In both cases it was very brief.

mine lasts until I close the application and restart

Its especially funny in cutscenes. The same thing that happens with the cape happens with peoples hair

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I tried that the first time it was brought up about fixing frame rate, but it still happened.

Thats pretty bad, I would have destroyed the disc lol. Did you try unplugging it before starting the game? For sure this isn't just some FPS issue, it's to "timey" it makes me think it's not AI or rendering related. Seems PS4-specific.

Thats pretty bad, I would have destroyed the disc lol. Did you try unplugging it before starting the game? For sure this isn't just some FPS issue, it's to "timey" it makes me think it's not AI or rendering related. Seems PS4-specific.

yeah. It happened, then i closed the application, went offline, restarted game, purposely died, then it happened again.

IndustryX

This game is garbage totally bought into the e3 hype, never will I be fooled by an AC game again, haven't made it through one game I the series since ac2, and every year it's the same crap, can't handle the mission structure or game style. Sorry AC, your getting traded towards DA Origins Tuesday.

It just isn't 'fun' I feel like I'm doing the same tedious missions again and again. Should've learned my lesson after black flag(cool premise but I got tired of the sailing very quickly, and AC missions and the collectathon totally turned me off)

Finished the story.

The fact that I don't recall a single mission where I have to follow an NPC for 10 minutes while staying undetected and within earshot makes this one of my top AC games and the main reason i refuse to replay AC4 where i recall having to do it once every other mission it seems.

Yep. Sequence 5 at the moment (did side missions for hours, lol) and the main missions are great and varied.

This game is garbage totally bought into the e3 hype, never will I be fooled by an AC game again, haven't made it through one game I the series since ac2, and every year it's the same crap, can't handle the mission structure or game style. Sorry AC, your getting traded towards DA Origins Tuesday.

get with the times and at least trade it for dragon age inquisition

jk

SJRB

Gold Member
Finally unlocked Arno's tailored coat, and.. it's kinda shit :/

It's so long it looks like he's wearing a dress. Default Arno coat for life! I don't even care about its complete lack of stats.

Kabouter

It's so long it looks like he's wearing a dress. Default Arno coat for life! I don't even care about its complete lack of stats.

His default coat looks the best, but I definitely care about the complete lack of stats :p

Chakan

Performance issues

7omuKsO.gif

I dig it for SP. For coop I wear the Tailored Brigand stuff. Everything but the boots and head, I don't like the look of the boots and I'm pretty sure the head piece is in a chest that you need the companion app to open. Argh.

wulfstein

Neo Member
It is just 3 days, I can't believe there is a global framerate fix. I assume increasing the framerate and fixing the bad instances of frame rate drops will take months

You honestly think they released the game and not know about the issues? They probably knew about the bugs for a while... hell, the reason for the short delay was probably so they can get a head start working on patches.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just a heads up... sometimes syncing with the companion app will dick over the framerate in Unity.

The only way to un-dick it is to either reboot the game or quickly disable/re-enable the PS4 internet connection.

This is post patch btw.

The companion app was running slow on my phone and I literally sat there and watched it slow the framerate in Unity.

Ruff

This is pretty odd i know... but i have a phobia of falling out of bounds in video games. Something about it makes me jump and my heart seems to stop for a second. Playing this game was like dicing with death for me, lol.
I think it stems from a game I played as a kid which was on a scratched disk, I'd sometimes fall out of the map and the graphics would turn demonic and freeze with a horrible repeating sound effect.. scarring, man.

But yeah I think i fell through the floor at least once per mission during my playthrough and am now on medication.

SJRB

Gold Member
I dig it for SP. For coop I wear the Tailored Brigand stuff. Everything but the boots and head, I don't like the look of the boots and I'm pretty sure the head piece is in a chest that you need the companion app to open. Argh.

Yeah I should start on a co-op "build", default Arno coat isn't really cutting it in four-player missions.

Just a heads up... sometimes syncing with the companion app will dick over the framerate in Unity.

The only way to un-dick it is to either reboot the game or quickly disable/re-enable the PS4 internet connection.

This is post patch btw.

The companion app was running slow on my phone and I literally sat there and watched it slow the framerate in Unity.

The game is constantly connecting to both the AC Initiates bullshit and the companion app. It blows my mind how they thought this was a good idea. The game is struggling enough as is, and now it has to do these insane background operations too? It's just so silly.

Nothing pisses me off more than coming home and my ps4 hasn't downloaded any updates in the background from standby. Sony needs to fix that shit.

I just don't know. I've got this and Diablo 3 waiting outside my house (I'm out of town) from the target sale. But... I am going going to return Diablo and probably get GTA5. I'm thinking of returning ACU and either getting DA:I vs Far Cry 4. Decisions decisions. I don't think I'd enjoy DA because I simply don't have time to put 90 hours into one game anymore. I prefer games to be 10-20 hours.

blackflag

I've only had 1 issue with the Xbone version so far. No real framerate issues but I'm only on memory 2 sequence 2.

Once my character froze but i could still control cam and menus but when I minimized it it locked my console.

I just don't know. I've got this and Diablo 3 waiting outside my house (I'm out of town) from the target sale. But... I am going going to return Diablo and probably get GTA5. I'm thinking of returning ACU and either getting DA:I vs Far Cry 4. Decisions decisions. I don't think I'd enjoy DA because I simply don't have time to put 90 hours into one game anymore. I prefer games to be 10-20 hours.

image.php

I have a feeling you're going to get GTA V.

Salty Hippo

Are the side missions any good? Which ones are the best? I've done only a couple of Paris Stories, the first was pretty interesting (Madame Tussaud and the heads), but the second was quite boring (following/protecting a mourning lady), so I decided to do only main story missions. I wonder if I'm missing interesting stuff. I really like the game so far, but I don't like wasting my time doing trivial, unimportant stuff (I'm look at you, Shadow of Mordor sidemissions).

Ruff

Does anyone find the insta-disguise kinda... jarring? I keep forgetting I have it because it just seems so 4th wall breaking. Are we made to think that Arno can just suddenly shapeshift in front of guards or did i miss some crucial explanation that isn't tossed aside by a simple "lol, animus"

SJRB

Gold Member
Are the side missions any good? Which ones are the best? I've done only a couple of Paris Stories, the first was pretty interesting (Madame Tussaud and the heads), but the second was quite boring (following/protecting a mourning lady), so I decided to do only main story missions. I wonder if I'm missing interesting stuff. I really like the game so far, but I don't like wasting my time doing trivial, unimportant stuff (I'm look at you, Shadow of Mordor sidemissions).

Do you know how many sidemissions there are, bro? I'm not going to write all those down. Just try them out. If they suck, just quit.

Murder mysteries are cool, and a nice change of pace.

Top Bottom