• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Namikaze1

Is there a new update or something or am I just redownloading the old update? Got into a public party for coop and then it errored out, sending back to the home screen. And now it says it's updating.

Edit: it's the old update. The fuck?! I downloaded that wednesday!

ufo8mycat

For those on consoles who own a smart hdtv, there is a temp fix for the framerate issues.
Check to see if your TV as an option called MOTION FLOW and enable this. This has made my framerate really smooth. This option though MAY introduce a little bit of Input delay for your controller though.

For those on consoles who own a smart hdtv, there is a temp fix for the framerate issues.
Check to see if your TV as an option called MOTION FLOW and enable this. This has made my framerate really smooth. This option though MAY introduce a little bit of Input delay for your controller though.

don't fool your eyes mang

Muffdraul

Thinkin about picking this up in a few mins is it really THAT bad? I was so hyped for this! So should I pull the trigger and pick up my preorder or just cancle it and get something else?

Playing on PS4 I've only encountered a few bugs and none of them prevented me from playing the game in any way. Just NPC weirdness and a couple of bizarre bad frame rate drops. My only caveat would be, maybe I'm more tolerant (I want to say "reasonable") when it comes to frame rate than some people around here...

Tried that once when I got my new samsung tv 2 years ago. I couldn't stand the input delay.

dex3108

This game sometimes looks like moving painting.

15166966364_f52edd3168_o.png

15601062669_9e6790af75_o.png

15601082769_fa96ea9f4f_o.png

GI + HBAO+ = Amazing.

The downloader is wrong, it wasn't 850 megs as it finished within a minute for me.
It says they fixed completing some co op mission and falling through the floors.

Kal-El814

I had all of the games synched before now and UPlay seems to have forgotten that fact since it shit itself with the release of Unity. I'm hoping they'll fix it but who knows?

For whatever it's worth, the initial release of Initiates was like this too, and eventually all of my stuff synced.

Lol at the frenchy politicians getting pissed off by Assassin's Creed Unity. This is very serious.PLEASE READ IT:

https://translate.google.com/transl...unity_4523542_4408996.html&edit-text=&act=url

https://translate.google.com/transl...ution_4523940_4408996.html&edit-text=&act=url

https://translate.google.com/transl...roite-selon-melenchon_1621922.html&edit-text=

https://translate.google.com/transl...reed-et-les-jeux-video.php&edit-text=&act=url

They must be surely among the secret community of the templars of nowadays

Please someone make a thread about it.

Bebpo

Banned
This game sometimes looks like moving painting.

GI + HBAO+ = Amazing.

Is it just me or does the HBAO+ make the tunnels impossibly dark? Like I have to keep using eagle vision just to see where I'm going (or turn the brightness way up). Makes tunnel gameplay pretty awful.

dex3108

Is it just me or does the HBAO+ make the tunnels impossibly dark? Like I have to keep using eagle vision just to see where I'm going (or turn the brightness way up). Makes tunnel gameplay pretty awful.

I was in tunnels only once but it was fine for me. I could see everything and my in-game brightness is set to 4 or 5.

I think that's the GI. The reverse also happens coming out of tunnels where it is very hard to see the outside through the brightness, when you walk out it simulates the view adjusting to the light. I like the effect alot.

Lol at the frenchy politicians getting pissed off by Assassin's Creed Unity. This is very serious.PLEASE READ IT:

https://translate.google.com/transl...unity_4523542_4408996.html&edit-text=&act=url

https://translate.google.com/transl...ution_4523940_4408996.html&edit-text=&act=url

https://translate.google.com/transl...roite-selon-melenchon_1621922.html&edit-text=

https://translate.google.com/transl...reed-et-les-jeux-video.php&edit-text=&act=url

They must be surely among the secret community of the templars of nowadays

Please someone make a thread about it.
No idea why you'd use a plural when it's really just Melenchon, the same asshole who thinks Cuba is a nice democracy, so yeah he'd defend Robespierre. French politicians are shit but this is one isolated case of an idiot being an idiot. Not much to see.

quetz67

Banned
Reading elsewhere that PS4 Unity had two patches roll out today and one of them supposedly fixes the frame rate. Any truth to that? I'm at work and cannot check.

It is just 3 days, I can't believe there is a global framerate fix. I assume increasing the framerate and fixing the bad instances of frame rate drops will take months

No idea why you'd use a plural when it's really just Melenchon, the same asshole who thinks Cuba is a nice democracy, so yeah he'd defend Robespierre. French politicians are shit but this is one isolated case of an idiot being an idiot. Not much to see.

-_-

Did you ever read the articles and especially the first one?

Not only Mélanchon has spoken but also Alexis Corbiere , the national secretary of PG (read first article) and maybe more.

DukeBobby

Just started playing this.

The game looks very impressive when I sit a few feet back from my monitor. Up close, the imperfections are very noticeable. My frame rate is better than I expected, though. However, I've not seen any large crowds yet, so that may change.

The combat still isn't great, but at least it's more difficult. I've actually died! I never thought I'd die in combat in an Assassin's Creed game.

I'll sink more time into it later, but first impressions aren't bad.

Had it my hand 30mins ago...put back on shelf and left without.

...i'm so weak I'll probably go back after work and buy it ;'(

I'm with you, man. I preordered at Best Buy to get the $10 reward cert on top of my GCU discount, and I was sure I'd be returning it after all the negative reviews. But here I sit, reading plenty of Gaffers totally nonplussed about the few technical issues they encounter, and I see Ubi actually putting out patches to fix the problems, and now I don't think I want to return the game. I'm such a sucker for this franchise.

xCobalt

Not sure if I missed this in the tutorial but are you able to turn a corner while in cover/stealth? Can't seem to do it for some reason.

3bdelilah

Banned
The game always freezes on me the moment it's loading up sequence 2. Any one with the same issues (PC)? I've started from scratch three times already, and it always freezes at that exact same spot, probably corrupting the save file...

Dazzyman

I'm with you, man. I preordered at Best Buy to get the $10 reward cert on top of my GCU discount, and I was sure I'd be returning it after all the negative reviews. But here I sit, reading plenty of Gaffers totally nonplussed about the few technical issues they encounter, and I see Ubi actually putting out patches to fix the problems, and now I don't think I want to return the game. I'm such a sucker for this franchise.

It's a good game and a good Assassins Creed game. On xb1 the frame rate is acceptable.

I don't get involved in the it's more of the same arguments, a lot of games are and especially sequels. It's what I want tho, more creed and that's what Ive got. Yes it's got the same camera fault with climbing now and again were you don't go we're you should and the combat can be a tad leggy still, but it's not as bad as some are making out.

If you love Creed it's a no brainer, buy it :)

It's a good game and a good Assassins Creed game. On xb1 the frame rate is acceptable.

I don't get involved in the it's more of the same arguments, a lot of games are and especially sequels. It's what I want tho, more creed and that's what Ive got. Yes it's got the same camera fault with climbing now and again were you don't go we're you should and the combat can be a tad leggy still, but it's not as bad as some are making out.

If you love Creed it's a no brainer, buy it :)

Absolutely. For me it's the best game in the series, even better than AC2. Paris is amazing

UrbanRats

Just started playing this.

The game looks very impressive when I sit a few feet back from my monitor. Up close, the imperfections are very noticeable. My frame rate is better than I expected, though. However, I've not seen any large crowds yet, so that may change.

The combat still isn't great, but at least it's more difficult. I've actually died! I never thought I'd die in combat in an Assassin's Creed game.

I'll sink more time into it later, but first impressions aren't bad.

Oh, you've died? I died more in 5 minutes of this than in my 500 hours with Dark Souls.
Unfortunately it doesn't feel very good though, you die mostly because:
1) most things kill you in 1 or 2 hits.
2) The controls are so frustratingly laggy.

If you want to do a game with so much animation priority (ok choice) you can't also ask that level of accuracy from players, imo.
It's mostly annoying when you have to mash a button 4 hours in advance for it to register.

Coming from Bayonetta to this was particularly traumatic, lol.

I know they wanted to do more of a stealth game, so it is hard mostly to discourage combat, and i think that's fine, but again, the stealth is very clunky and missing a lot of basic mechanics.
They should've played a bit more Splinter Cell Blacklist, me thinks... they had Ubi Toronto develop on this game after all.

I just want to know how prevalent the glitches are, without hyperbole and youtube videos with wham soundtracks.
For all the bad press AC3 got...i had the PS3 version and 360 version (thanks MS china) and the game had no glitches for me and I only had 1 hard crash from it.

.i mean i hate the game, but glitches and performance are not some of the reason of why.

theWB27

I just want to know how prevalent the glitches are, without hyperbole and youtube videos with wham soundtracks.
For all the bad press AC3 got...i had the PS3 version and 360 version (thanks MS china) and the game had no glitches for me and I only had 1 hard crash from it.

.i mean i hate the game, but glitches and performance are not some of the reason of why.

My experience. Last memory...

I fell through the world once and got caught in between a ledge once...both resulted in death.

Those have been the only glitches that have hindered my progress.

There is pop-in and frame rate problems. But not nearly enough to have caused this Gaf outrage since the game released. Unless you go around looking for kinks...you'll be just fine from a technical point.

ssjali

So, I am in Seq 3 now and really enjoying the game on the PS4. I had 2-3 crazy framerate drops (while climbing, 1 of them reproduced from a video I saw). While it sucks, it doesn't really ruin the game for me yet. Walking through large crowds doesnt drop the framerate for me (or at least I dont feel that much of a drop, but I habe been really generous to low framerates in the past too...).

The game has a lot of good things going for it. Arno is as cool as Ezio, so is the setting compared to Ezios adventures. The murder cases are a lot of fun (Watch Dogs could have needed something like this), the Nostradamus Puzzles were really tricky yet. There is just so much to do that I don't really get the time to play the main story.

The game has technical flaws, but they really don't kill the game for me. Funny thing, many reviewers gave low scored based on the game, ignoring the technical flaws. I really don#t get it (8h into the game). Having more fun than in the last AC games.

Muffdraul

My experience. Last memory...

I fell through the world once and got caught in between a ledge once...both resulted in death.

Those have been the only glitches that have hindered my progress.

There is pop-in and frame rate problems. But not nearly enough to have caused this Gaf outrage since the game released. Unless you go around looking for kinks...you'll be just fine from a technical point.

One of the first things people started pointing and laughing about was how the LOD on NPCs causes them to change clothes and shit as you get closer to them. Once in a while I'll notice that, when I remember to look for it. Generally it seems to happen on of the periphery of the screen, where they assume you're not focusing because you have no reason to focus there. There's a reason why the videos of it happening were always zoomed-in and slowed down. Because otherwise it's not that easy to notice.

zorbsie

Quick question about outfits. Do they have any bonus attributes? I just unlocked the enigma armor and my stats didn't change at all. Is it there so the user can have a unified look even though they are wearing various types of equipment?

16BitNova

So I'm thinking of exchanging my PS4 copy for an Xbox one version. My concern/question for those with the Xbox one version is, does the game crush its blacks? Not trying to start another debate, I just know the Xbox one version of games have tended to be darker than other versions.

Top Bottom