• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Welp, I'm completely fucked. I can not run more than 100 meters after staring the game without a crash. I have no idea what is causing it. Sigh....

Salty Hippo

Do you know how many sidemissions there are, bro? I'm not going to write all those down. Just try them out. If they suck, just quit.

Murder mysteries are cool, and a nice change of pace.

I know there are plenty of types, that's why I asked which ones people think are the best so I can filter a bit. I didn't ask for a detailed description of all of them.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Does anyone find the insta-disguise kinda... jarring? I keep forgetting I have it because it just seems so 4th wall breaking. Are we made to think that Arno can just suddenly shapeshift in front of guards or did i miss some crucial explanation that isn't tossed aside by a simple "lol, animus"

Dumb feature, feels like a debug mode that ended up in the game.

Mononoke

Banned
No patch for the Xbox One version?

Yeah I'm wondering this as well. I haven't been keeping up on this. Also, if the Xbox One update is rolled out, is it automatic? I've not installed a patch on my X1 in a long time. Do you go to "manage game"...or does it auto do it?

dex3108

Beautifull. I hope that they will patch game soon so i can finally start playing game instead of walking around and taking screenshots XD

15170092444_fb69c82640_o.png
15167452573_3eb723cc70_o.png

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm going to try my next murder mystery completely HUD-less, no eagle vision.

Wish me luck.

Tried to play co-op with a friend on PS4 last night but couldn't it wasn't working. Managed to get into one random and that was it. Did the patch fix MP at all?

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone playing PC notice any difference in LOD / environment detail after the patch? Seems like it's a lot closer now so I'm seeing a lot more of the ugly half rendered buildings that before.

Evolved1

Tried to play co-op with a friend on PS4 last night but couldn't it wasn't working. Managed to get into one random and that was it. Did the patch fix MP at all?

Since the patch all the online stuff has been working for me for the first times... Uplay, Initiates, etc.

Still a little rough around the edges, but certainly improved.

Since the patch all the online stuff has been working for me for the first times... Uplay, Initiates, etc.

Still a little rough around the edges, but certainly improved.

Uplay seems to be working fine for me right now, initiates is still completely messed up. For assassins Creed 2, it says I have 67% synchronization and havent started the story yet...I have actually gotten 100% sync in it. Also, my uplay points went from around 500 to 3200. Was able to connect to the app just now also

Evolved1

So no-HUD investigations are pretty awesome. Don't cheat with eagle vision, and it feels pretty good. Challenging, but doable.

Corpekata

Banned
So, for the companion App, think I've figured out a temporary "solution." I was not able to open chests I had earned, but if I open the get the prompt for the chest in the app while I'm in the game, I can open it. Any that I got the prompt for while not playing the game, I cannot.

This is on Android / PC Uplay, so might not be the same for many others. Similar to that, a social club I bought while in game reflects in the app if I had it opened, while one I bought with the app not running still shows as me not owning it in the app.

how do nomad points work in unity? I can see them on my map, but I cant pick them up or anything. I thought they were just a bonus for the app that u could pick up at any time in Unity

Bricky

I've just finished the part where Arno (extreme mega spoiler alert) becomes an assassin and I have to say... I actually really like what I've played thus far!

Granted, I'm using a powerful PC so other than some crashes performance hasn't been that big an issue for me, but all things considered the first two(?) hours were pretty good. Arno is already my favorite main character since Ezio, Elise is a great love-interest and seems like a genuinely good female character (which is funny considering the controversy about no female assassins earlier this year), the soundtrack is beautiful and the graphics (performance aside) are absolutely fantastic. The facial animations and lighting are as next-gen as they currently get (especially the way each individual hair on Elise's head was lit impressed me). Missions have been typical 'first few hours of an AC game' thus far but that's not a bad thing per se.

So, Ubisoft bullshit aside, it seems quite enjoyable.

Corgi

Banned
took on 4 4 diamond dudes at once with 2 diamond gear. Doesn't seem like enemies have any more strategies or tactics, they just do way more damage and your 2 diamond weapon does shit damage.

Finally after, what are we on now, 6 entries? Gear actually kinda matters.

Anyone notice if stealth gear make any notable impact?

This initiation app is kinda shitty. why have stuff tied to this :(

I still can't believe how good this game looks. Absolutely amazing.

BTW: I still can't find any co op matches. What the hell is going on (Xbox One)?

Co-op matchmaking has been really weird for me, it won't find a game for 5 minutes so I'll cancel out and then randomly after I've already canceled it'll just put me in a game with someone.

took on 4 4 diamond dudes at once with 2 diamond gear. Doesn't seem like enemies have any more strategies or tactics, they just do way more damage and your 2 diamond weapon does shit damage.

Finally after, what are we on now, 6 entries? Gear actually kinda matters.

Anyone notice if stealth gear make any notable impact?

This initiation app is kinda shitty. why have stuff tied to this :(

I think it just makes you harder to detect. Takes longer for guards to go on alert, etc. And yeah I tried some 5 star stuff at a lower level and they destroyed me.

Psoelberg

Wow, I'm really surprised by how much I'm enjoying this game.

Paris and the atmosphere is really stunning. The 1:1 scale is breathtaking. Love the costumization. It has been a long time since I've just stopped up so much to look at the scenery.

There are some frame rate problems, some bugs and pop-ins, but until now it has not been game breaking at all.

Edit: tip: turn off all HUD - it makes the game so much better, and it is still possible to complete the missions and find your way around the city.

DOWN

Banned
Is it me or is an 880 mb patch after 3 days further evidence they were working on major debug and optimization before the public bought the game?

v0mitg0d

MAJOR SPOILERS!!

So I played and recorded the very last level (sequence 12, memory 3) for the people who're interested but don't want to spend the $60, or spent the $60 but don't want to (can't?) play through the campaign.

It's an...odd finale.

http://youtu.be/3eGWih2t5eY

MAJOR SPOILERS!!

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like the Companion app had an update on the Play Store. Sweet.

Annnnnd it reset my progress. Yeah, fuck your stupid accessory shit Ubisoft if you can't even get it halfway stable.

Finally put some time into this one.

I love the new freerunning, the new feel of the movement takes some getting used to, but I'm starting to like the smoothness. The fact that you can now barrel your way over the edge of the tall building and immediately start climbing down - that's a really cool new addition. And the new moves they throw in there every now and again are cool.

The facial animations are absolutely amazing. I found myself not wanting to read the subtitles because I was marveling at how the characters' faces were moving. It looks about as next-gen as anything I've seen. The city feels incredibly alive and realistic. Again, this feels like a serious improvement. Generally, the visuals are absolutely amazing, however...

The pop-in on the NPCs is absolutely ridiculous. How in god's name did they think that was ok. Shit's constantly popping in all around you when you run. They need to do something about that, though I'm not sure what. Also, the way the grass draws in just a little bit in front of you, again, not good.

Way to early to talk about the story, but I'm loving the characters and the "acting" so far.

So yeah, mostly positive, with a few rather annoying caveats.

Wow, I'm really surprised by how much I'm enjoying this game.

Paris and the atmosphere is really stunning. The 1:1 scale is breathtaking. Love the costumization. It has been a long time since I've just stopped up so much to look at the scenery.

There are some frame rate problems, some bugs and pop-ins, but until now it has not been game breaking at all.

Edit: tip: turn off all HUD - it makes the game so much better, and it is still possible to complete the missions and find your way around the city.

Tried it but I miss the map ...need it to search for collectibes :/

Man, there is so much stuff to do.... I can't stop playing this game.

I don't get the reviews ....really...I don't get it. It's the best AC game so far, imo.

Looks like the Companion app had an update on the Play Store. Sweet.

Annnnnd it reset my progress. Yeah, fuck your stupid accessory shit Ubisoft if you can't even get it halfway stable.

there is an update for it on the app store, I guess I will avoid it. Funny, in the patch notes it says it fixes progression resets.

charsace

I love the graphics and atmosphere in this game. This is the best AC game so far IMO. I think that the second next gen game can be something special.

Lakitu

st5fu
I love the graphics and atmosphere in this game. This is the best AC game so far IMO. I think that the second next gen game can be something special.

Agreed, completely. They've hit the right notes with the mission design and city design in this one. I'm loving it so far.

Top Bottom