• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

abm5Sv0u.gif

The opening video package to SummerSlam 2001 has Drowning Pool "Bodies" video interspliced in it and for a second I thought the singer was Bray Wyatt

dave-williams_778117.jpg

jred2k

Serious question time

What was Cole's best commentary or best call?

You can't say "STONE COLD IS HERE"
I think a lot of people considered it under selling, but I enjoyed "The streak... is over." I thought it fit how somberthe mood of the arena was.

The 'masked wrestlers tag team splitting their masks' gimmick is my favorite tag team aesthetic gimmick
LOSORIGINALES_zps6be326c2.jpg
You should check out a little pair of Samoan brothers named the Usos! They get Uso-crazy! Sometimes we get ta see us some flyin' Usos!

"Spinaroonie? That sounds like something delicious Chef Boyaredee would make." - JR, effortlessly working in the sponsor of the show in the main event.

Inspire Pro internet banners from BattleWars 2 (which is Inspire's show with Chikara) are coming out. Here's what's been announced so far. Would expect maybe 2-3 more unannounced matches. Probably won't know what those are until the official event poster comes out:

7WoLjtz.jpg

This was arguably the hottest indy show in Texas last year, and front row for this one was sold out the day the date was announced, with no idea what the matches would be, so it's going to be another big show for anyone into indy wrestling in the Central Texas area.

Boots should be excited for the Franco d'Angelo match... Keith Lee vs. Franco d'Angelo is hoss-er-iffic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Art Barr had so much potential to be big. Bigger than Magnum TA big. I wonder how big he could have gotten if he hadn't died young.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW pretty much killed his chances dead with that kid's "Juicer" gimmick.

His career Resurrection was after that gimmick anyways. It was pre-internet oversaturation, and it's not like there weren't plenty of wrestlers with stupid gimmicks in the past.

Man, 90s tag team wrestling. Ain't no other decade like it. Not even close.

Goldberg was cool in the Elimination Chamber, but it's funny he still went for the spear even though H's sledgehammer handle was very apparent. Would've been huge if he won.

Title tug-of-war is still the dumbest shit build up. The fact that its the final spot before the supposed biggest and most important match on their biggest event of the year makes it even more ridiculous.

Seriously, they all come off looking stupid, who came up with doing that lol.

jred2k

So who do what WWE/NXT match ends up being the best this weekend? My money is on one of the two NXT main events or Cena/Rollins.

I'd go with one of the two NXT mains as well. I think the ending to Cena/Rollins could probably taint everything that comes before it. If Taker doesn't get concussed, I think his match with Brock can be great at what it's trying to accomplish.

Fox318

Title tug-of-war is still the dumbest shit build up. The fact that its the final spot before the supposed biggest and most important match on their biggest event of the year makes it even more ridiculous.

Seriously, they all come off looking stupid, who came up with doing that lol.

ZlJEyWL.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I...I don't want Cena to have the belt. He'll become boring again.

I...also don't want Rollins to win. (Which makes him an effective heel in my mind)

I...really don't want Sheamus to cash in.

I...also don't want Rollins to win. (Which makes him an effective heel in my mind)

What if they do a draw like Punk and Cena did at Night of Champions a few years ago?

RP912

Banned
It's inedible that Cena will win the title back. I don't really give a shit at this point. As long as Big E is the next contender, it is what it is....

tm24

Heh, Data. Volador is now going around talking about La Familia Real. I really hope this feud with Los Ingoberbales goes well

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I'm like 90% sure it's a fuck finish

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, I guess I'm being too negative here. It's not like Rollins will win clean or anything, and if he does it would be in a career making sort of way, which would make me happy as shit.

I think it's too early for Shaemus to cash in. I wouldn't mind if he feuded for the case with Ambrose or Reigns over the next few months and one of them got it.

There's just no one in the uppercard I'd like Cena to feud with if he got the belt besides Rollins, and they could only do that match one more time, twice if generous. HHH or Undertaker would be fun, but c'mon, that's not happening. We've already got a lot out of Brock and Cena, and that's about it for top of the card heels or heck, even believable contenders.

Top Bottom