• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

tm24

I actually think Silver King is a freelancer right now, so there's no problem on that front. Since El Consejo went by the wayside i dont think he's been back in a year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_njh0b6KuGB1skeohxo1_r1_500.png

Speaking of factions. ANY good group has a cool hand sign. So with that in mind, which is your favorite TNA faction?

We got the Main Event Mafia. Three fingers down to form an M and then turn to make an E then back down for M E M. Classic.

MEM-1.jpg

Fortune, with who knows whatever that is. Flair is like fuck it *four horsemen*

Fortune01.jpg

Immortal which had like the entire roster

Christian Coalition

hqdefault.jpg

Paparazi Productions

hqdefault.jpg

Not pictured are groups like the Beat Down Clan, Aces and Eights and several hundred others.

jred2k

@CHIKARApro
This year's Rey de Voladores (during #KOT15 weekend) will see the return of Too Cold Scorpio!

I just saw him Saturday. He was surprisingly spry and managed to put on a pretty decent match. Maybe my low expectations had something to do with it.

Also:

CM-WZRSWgAEfJVn.jpg

I can't wait to change my avatar.

The Divas Revolution should include an angle where one of the Divas shoots on the fans at those photo ops and refuses to do those demeaning poses.

tm24

I was just watching the preview for that show and holy shit, Brian Cage got huge. I mean he was big back then but dood fucking blew up in 3 years.

I know! It's fucking insane. I was also time traveling into the past watching old PWG hype videos and one of them had Roddy vs Castagnoli and it's like holy shit these guys are small

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know! It's fucking insane. I was also time traveling into the past watching old PWG hype videos and one of them had Roddy vs Castagnoli and it's like holy shit these guys are small

Uncle Eddie is my go to example of someone blowing up real quick.

RP912

Banned
Watching Inoki/Vader and holy crap Vader busted his arm up bad during the match. I never seen Vader looked so human...especially screaming in agony :(.

Guzim

Night 1 of 4 Nights of wrestling was fun! The house show tonight was great. Jericho was there (he wrestled Barrett) which made me happy since I was not expecting him to be there. The main event was Cena and Cesaro vs Owens and Rollins. That was a fun match. Also, New Day are FANTASTIC live. Hilarious and so much crowd interaction.

Bring on Night 2: NXT Takeover at the Barclays!

KingBroly

Banned
Cena beats Rollins to get both Titles

Sheamus cashes in afterwards and wins the WHC from Cena since MITB is only for 1 Title

Sheamus becomes HHH's new Pet since he saved the company from Cena's title reign.

Man Benoit was smooth as fuck. D-Bry doesn't got shit on this motherfucker. This Canadian crowd at SummerSlam is pretty dead for a home country champion though.

What a weird match too.

Man Benoit was smooth as fuck. D-Bry doesn't got shit on this motherfucker. This Canadian crowd at SummerSlam is pretty dead for a home country champion though.

What a weird match too.

Yeah, then Orton went on to lose the title next week. I remember being super salty about that. The payoff was ultimately a huge fuck you from HHH. But thankfully it was the start of the end for Evolution! And history rewarded Orton with more than enough runs to make up for his first like.. 2-4 shit ones.

Yeah, then Orton went on to lose the title next week. I remember being super salty about that. The payoff was ultimately a huge fuck you from HHH. But thankfully it was the start of the end for Evolution! And history rewarded Orton with more than enough runs to make up for his first like.. 2-4 shit ones.

Well that definitely makes more sense now because that SummerSlam match did not play out like they were trying to make Orton into something special. I missed this era so I just assumed this was supposed to be a face turn for Orton where he goes toe-to-toe with Benoit and proves himself, but... nah. The only reason he wins is because he lucks into some counters that damage Benoit's head (an absolutely nasty missed suicide dive head first into the barricade, and Orton sticking his foot up for the diving headbutt) and hits a RKO.

I'm wondering if this was the first instance of Outta Nowhere™ because JR mentions after that he "hit the RKO seemingly from out of nowhere" as if it were the first time. Truly historic.

T_Exige

Cena wins, Fella cashes in at Summerslam and wins.
On Raw Cena gets his revenge and defeats Sheamus to become a 17 time champion.
All for Vince his birthday party.

Meanwhile Brock destroys Flair with a few F5's, while Charlotte watches with a sick smile.
After that they shake hands with Vince.

During the recap of the Cena "never give up" promo the New Day goes over Owens and Cesaro.

So is that enough to become a WWE writer?
I would have included the tag team "The Hype Bros", but even that would be too much for Kevin Dunn. Lets see how much of this becomes reality ^^

Top Bottom