• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Tainted

It's not a traditional face-off, but it does make direct comparisons between the two, especially in terms of completely missing graphical effects like SSAO, rain transparency filters, etc, even at maximum settings.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...rkham-knight-pc-lacks-console-visual-features

Ah cheers ... I was using the site filter for face-offs and nothing was showing. I guess they don't need to do a face-off now with this article and the previous PS4 one.

robgrab

Man, the Digital Foundry face-off for PC and PS4 is brutal. I'm not sure if we're going to be able to get this game back at all considering how much is pared back and we're still getting such shit performance.

I was thinking the same exact thing. If they're merely trying to squeeze more performance out of the PC they'd have to leave those features out because they'll only cause more performance loss, especially HBAO+. Honestly, ALL of the Batman games have had performance issues/stuttering on launch but eventually get fixed through a combination of game patches and video driver updates.

The lack of graphical effects is far more important ot me. Heck, even Arkham Origins, which was made by a different developer, had a bevy of PC-specific graphics settings. Really upset that I got suckered into preordering the Premium Edition. On the bright side this has officially cured me of ever preordering a game again. Thanks WB!

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
That's their exact quote about Arkham Origins, right?

Yup...

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...-possibility/m-p/122949/highlight/true#M15908

Hi all,

The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums.

If we do move forward with creating a new patch, it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient.

Istaerion

I'm just curious as to why Rocksteady didn't do it themselves this time. I mean they know their own games and they did a damned decent job with AA and AC so why not do the PC version this time as well ?

Most likely one of the following... if not both:

giphy.gif

fuckyougivememoney.gif

All in all, it's a FANTASTIC end to their beloved trilogy! /s

robgrab

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

Jedi2016

Ah cheers ... I was using the site filter for face-offs and nothing was showing. I guess they don't need to do a face-off now with this article and the previous PS4 one.
If they do a full face-off, it's probably going to end with "I can't believe we're actually saying this, but... buy the PS4 version".

Just when I was starting to lean back toward more PC gaming, too. Cryin' shame.

munchie64

no. it will always be good in there
No because it isn't loading an open world. Streaming the world is what causes the constant stutters for us all.
just start the main game...you should see issues very quickly. The biggest drop for me, down to 0 fps and constant stuttering, happened within the first 10-15 minutes
Thanks guys.

Ugh. It's bad... Really bad... Not that it wasn't expected at this point.

Another statement has been released on Steam

Important message about work on an updated version
JUNE 24 - GARY.LAKE-SCHAAL
Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

Seems they're taking it off the store?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Uploaded a video of where I quit last night, except my settings were much higher than I am playing at in the video. I bumped down from 1440 to 1080 and even lowered / turned off other options. It performs terribly still, I don't know if you can see the stuttering on YT but it looked really bad on my monitor. My 980Ti can't get this game to perform consistently above 50fps even with nerfed settings at 1080p. le sigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQZ_IPSELx0

specs are in the description

they have suspended all PC purchases of the game!!!!!!!!!

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Su...C-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/575332#U575332

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (support.wbgames.com). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

Evo X

Another statement has been released on Steam

Seems they're taking it off the store?

Good. I've seen Early Access games in far better shape than this sorry release.

Although they probably took it down because they didn't want to deal with even more negative reviews and refunds. Bandwidth and payment processing cost money, so it's a smart move to suspend sales until this clusterfuck is fixed.

vg260

Well, good the Steam refunds and reviews had significant effect. It will be interesting to see how non-Steam refunds play out.

Sucks for those like myself who went out and bought upgraded hardware specifically for this game and got Nvidia codes. Sadly the hardware is kinda overkill for anything else I have right now. Not a big RPG player, so I sold my Witcher code.

leng jai

If they've completely suspended sales of it then it stands to reason that everyone should get the choice for a refund. They're basically admitting that their product wasn't fit for sale.

I can't believe people are going out and buying a second copy on console. You really are making things worse. Good job.
If you successfully get a refund for the shit product and you support the good product, how is that making it worse?

Unless you're eating the loss and still buying a brand new PS4 copy, then yeah, that's a bit shitty.

Top Bottom