• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

~Kinggi~

Banned
So if I bought from GMG and redeemed the games on steam, they will let me request a refund after the first patch is released? How are they revoking the keys?

Something that gave me a laugh. Pop-up notification for GeForce Experience that new game optimizations were available. Checked out Arkham Knight, and it now says this for me.

It says your system doesn't even qualify for those "Optimal Settings", and that the result may be unplayable framerates.

viveks86

problem is, each moment they dont respond = more lost sales and egg on their face. At least acknowledge you're looking in to it

Agreed

Yep. Maybe I'm crazy but I'm still holding out hope we will get AO and the rain effects somehow

Me too! I have no plans to get the PS4 version and pay WB an extra dollar until they sort this out. And if they do sort this out, then I wouldn't need to pay them anyway. Basically, this wallet is closed for business.

pahamrick

It says your system doesn't even qualify for those "Optimal Settings", and that the result may be unplayable framerates.

Yeah, that was a big laugh. Especially considering the settings I'm playing with. I'm assuming part of the reason is that GeForce Experience doesn't recognize the OC on my CPU, it still shows it at stock clocks.

viveks86

At least Batman Arkham Videos can run it in 4k with everything on

Is this actually running at 60 fps? My laptop can't handle it. All I can confirm is that it is missing the rain effects and AO as well. So at least we know it's the same version. lol

Can anyone check the video and confirm 60 fps? This should technically be impossible. There is no configuration in existence right now that could play these portions of the game at 4K60.

I wouldn't be surprised if whoever uploaded that video actually had no clue that the frame rate was capped at 30.

Skyzard

Banned
Can anyone check the video and confirm 60 fps? This should technically be impossible. There is no configuration in existence right now that could play these portions of the game at 4K60.

I wouldn't be surprised if whoever uploaded that video actually had no clue that the frame rate was capped at 30.

Nope.

I'm watching at 60. It's not.

Chariot

It's 30. But I said with everything on, not with all ini tweaks. My point was this murder machine that he needed just for that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Behold my elite mspaint skills.

18942190910_2331ba9f9c_o.png

Skyzard

Banned
^lol, basically.

It's 30. But I said with everything on, not with all ini tweaks. My point was this murder machine that he needed just for that.

He might be basing it on the video description:

Batman: Arkham Knight for PC at full 4K resolution (3840x2160 native), ultra graphics settings and 60fps

They even put up 60fps versions. That channel isn't official right? Don't think so.

The game does NOT switch to D3D10 when using the nvidia fog/smoke effects and paper effects..

Afterburner 4.1.1 works fine on my rig when these effects are enabled.

That said, it's not like AO will magically appear or the game doesn't have performance issues.. it clearly does.. it just doesn't run in D3D10 because of nvidia's effects.

Right. I'm the happy owner of a murder machine and the game plays well enough for me that I'm enjoying it... but the fact is it shouldn't take a machine like mine to sort of but not really match the PS4 version.

Game runs like shit for me at 1920x1080 with normal textures and everything else low or off. It starts stuttering after five minutes playing, stutters last 2 to 3 seconds each. My specs:

i5 3570k
GTX 960 MSI Gaming 2G
6 gb ram

I'm so glad I'm busy with Witcher 3 at the moment, but I really wish I hadn't activated my code on GMG. Will this be the most expensive game I purchase that I never bother to download and play? Let's watch...

Braag

I'm so glad I'm busy with Witcher 3 at the moment, but I really wish I hadn't activated my code on GMG. Will this be the most expensive game I purchase that I never bother to download and play? Let's watch...

GMG will offer a refund once the first patch is released.

LordCrash

Neo Member
The one and only thing Microsoft promised us PC gamers during E3 was an upcoming PC port of Killer Instict.

A port made by Iron Galaxy, the ones responsible for the massive success that is the PC port of Batman Knights...

Well, yeah, thanks.

CUD

Banned
Not sure if this is true, but if so,..

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...expected_30fps_capped_the_recommended/cshc58i

The NVIDIA videos are actually sped up and not truly running at 60fps? Man, this just goes deeper and deeper.
Really Nvidia?
Well it seems like the footage just before the chipmunk footage sounds fine, their voices aren't high pitched. So either they just used the wrong footage or this was intentionally misleading by Nvidia because they couldn't get it running at a constant 60fps in that scene.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
free copy with my 980 ti :<

I sent Nvidia customer service a polite email asking for a different game. It's worth a shot :D

Worst case scenario I buy the PS4 or X1 version when Gamefly dumps some used discs for under 20 bucks, if I am still even interested in playing it by then.

CUD

Banned
The one and only thing Microsoft promised us PC gamers during E3 was an upcoming PC port of Killer Instict.

A port made by Iron Galaxy, the ones responsible for the massive success that is the PC port of Batman Knights...

Well, yeah, thanks.
Hmm. They did work on Arkham Origins which I had no issues with so I'm still hopeful they'll patch AK.

They've got a listing for an unannounced Epic Games title which I suppose may be Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC.

munchie64

I wonder, should Batman be a contender for GOTY with such a bad port?
I mean, I certainly wouldn't disparage any outlet that decided to give the game a GOTY reward. It's pretty damn good. It would be for the best if they didn't include the PC version if they did though.

JambiBum

For those wondering where Andy from NV is, he stated in another Batman related thread (can't remember which) that because of E3 he wouldn't be able to have his normal optimization guide/answer questions right away like he normally can. I imagine he will be around in a couple of days because he always is, so I wouldn't really jump down his throat just yet. E3 did just happen so it's understandable even if it isn't ideal. Now if Nvidia/Andy doesn't say anything by like the middle of next week feel free to start shouting conspiracy again, but for now give the guy who has been pretty helpful to GAF in the past a break.

LordCrash

Neo Member
They've got a listing for an unannounced Epic Games title which I suppose may be Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC.
That's already confirmed. But that's just a remake, not a new game. Hardly anything that gets me excited...

Killer Instict was the only "new" game announced for PC by MS, and this is done by the masterful PC crafters at Iron Galaxy...*facepalm*

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
For those wondering where Andy from NV is, he stated in another Batman related thread (can't remember which) that because of E3 he wouldn't be able to have his normal optimization guide/answer questions right away like he normally can. I imagine he will be around in a couple of days because he always is, so I wouldn't really jump down his throat just yet. E3 did just happen so it's understandable even if it isn't ideal. Now if Nvidia/Andy doesn't say anything by like the middle of next week feel free to start shouting conspiracy again, but for now give the guy who has been pretty helpful to GAF in the past a break.

Or going by the state of the port the poor bastards got his work cut out for him in making that optimization guide.

kinggroin

Banned
Right. I'm the happy owner of a murder machine and the game plays well enough for me that I'm enjoying it... but the fact is it shouldn't take a machine like mine to sort of but not really match the PS4 version.

I don't have a murder machine and I get ps4 level frame rate barring the hitches here and there.

Playing on a GTX 670 and haven't touched the INI files at all.

Top Bottom