• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Quotient

I would have thought nvidia would be ensuring this game was a technical masterpiece on PC, especially on their cards, considering it was given away with any new purchase of a GTX 900 series.

Gambit61

Steam refunds, son. Makin' publishers fix their shite.

Yeah, good thing Steam just added it. Luckily I got the game with my 970 so I'm just bummed one of my most anticipated games this year got a bad release. I think I'll tackle my backlog until they release a proper build.

Helznicht

Welp..

9cyLMlx.jpg

First I was like:
Ftizpik.gif

Then I saw Fall 2015:
gcom.gif

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

AJLma

I wonder how much of a say Iron Galaxy actually has over what they add or don't add to a port.

Do they get handed the game code and then told "get it done by xx/xx/xx" by any means necessary? Or is it a situation where they have a list of specifications that they are to meet, no more, no less, by a specific deadline.

GavinUK86

"Fall 2015" has always been there people.

That's nothing to do with the Windows release.

Well, unless they choose to release them all at once now.

But for now, ignore that.

No reason to be demanding Andy, theres nothing he can do to fix it, nor is any of this his fault. the fact that they actually stopped selling the game makes me think it will be broken for quite a long time.

demolitio

I wonder how much of a say Iron Galaxy actually has over what they add or don't add to a port.

Do they get handed the game code and then told "get it done by xx/xx/xx" by any means necessary? Or is it a situation where they have a list of specifications that they are to meet, no more, no less, by a specific deadline.

Something tells me we'll never know unless an IG dev wants to clear their names by shifting the blame back to WB or Rocksteady.

Just a clusterfuck on all sides. At least this delay gives me hope that they'll actually fix it compared to just cutting their losses and riding off with whatever money the kept from those of us who can't return it.

I would've gotten the PS4 version if I knew the PC version was being outsourced since that rarely works well, and never works well when WB is involved...lol. Wish they'd allow us a digital copy of the PS4 version as compensation to garner some goodwill but that's me dreaming and that would never happen.

vg260

No idea, but I'm very curious to know how this all works.

I'm sure there is some sort of scope of work, which is needed to estimate manpower and costs, but I'm not sure how detailed it gets in the game industry.

Stuff like this is when I miss Sven being at Capcom. He would always provide some really great insight as to how stuff like this worked on the Unity boards.

pahamrick

Friend of mine didn't believe me when I told him I was getting no stutter and very minimal texture streaming issues now so I made a video to prove it.

https://youtu.be/dsDZJZYguqw

Here's the performance I'm getting now. Folks who either haven't played yet or aren't that far in might want to mute the sound as there's a bit of a spoiler said over the radio.

Friend of mine didn't believe me when I told him I was getting no stutter and very minimal texture streaming issues now so I made a video to prove it.

Here's the performance I'm getting now. Folks who either haven't played yet or aren't that far in might want to mute the sound as there's a bit of a spoiler said over the radio.

So what did you do exactly? I'm guessing it won't work for everyone but I'd be willing to try basically anything at this point. I thought I could suffer through the stuttering but I really can't anymore.

JohngPR

We all know all you did is speed up the video....can't fool me twice!

:p

Gibbo

Yup bought the ps4 version after reading this thread. I played both versions side by side and people didn't believe me at first when I mentioned that rain effects were missing from the PC version. Applied for a steam refund last night after playing it for 90 minutes.. Got a refund within two hours.

ktroopa

Wow so now its being pulled from sale, no clearer admission from WB that they dun fucked up. This will never be forgotten.

As the lauch game is now a collectors of 'sorts' how do i keep my steam install? Im about to rebuild my rig and will prob throw this dead bat on the d drive, its on c atm. Is steam mover all i need to use?

pahamrick

So what did you do exactly? I'm guessing it won't work for everyone but I'd be willing to try basically anything at this point. I thought I could suffer through the stuttering but I really can't anymore.

A few people already tried this and it did nothing for them, so I don't know but here.

Open BMEngine.ini
Under [Texture Streaming] (Line 755 for those using Notepad++)
Make the following changes

Code:
PoolSize=2048
MemoryMargin=256
bAllowSwitchingStreamingSystem=True

I've got AK installed on an SSD, and I'm running Windows 10 x64 Preview Build 10130.

i7 920 @ 4.1ghz HT OFF
GTX 970
12GB Ram

EDIT:

Odd. Just checked the youtube video and it's showing as running at 1080p60 and having odd shaking/stutter. Except when I first uploaded it it was just 1080p and smooth as silk like when I recorded it. I mean, it shows the FPS right in the corner.

A few people already tried this and it did nothing for them, so I don't know but here.

Open BMEngine.ini

Code:
PoolSize=2048
MemoryMargin=256

I've got AK installed on an SSD, and I'm running Windows 10 x64 Preview Build 10130.

i7 920 @ 4.1ghz HT OFF
GTX 970
12GB Ram

Thanks. I have the same GPU, amount of RAM and version of Windows so maybe there's hope.

Open BMEngine.ini

Code:
PoolSize=2048
MemoryMargin=256

i7 920 @ 4.1ghz HT OFF
GTX 970
12GB Ram

EDIT:

Odd. Just checked the youtube video and it's showing as running at 1080p60 and having odd shaking/stutter. Except when I first uploaded it it was just 1080p and smooth as silk like when I recorded it. I mean, it shows the FPS right in the corner.

Maybe windows 10 is the key?

I have 8.1 legit, how do I go about downloading 10 preview?

Open BMEngine.ini

Code:
PoolSize=2048
MemoryMargin=256

i7 920 @ 4.1ghz HT OFF
GTX 970
12GB Ram

EDIT:

Have you tried this with an unlocked framerate?

pahamrick

Thanks. I have the same GPU, amount of RAM and version of Windows so maybe there's hope.
Just note that those are the only INI tweaks I've done, I've left the 30fps lock in place inside the game.

Maybe windows 10 is the key?

I have 8.1 legit, how do I go about downloading 10 preview?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Should get you setup. I did a fresh install and didn't upgrade over Windows 8.1, though.

I have, and similar results as far as stutter. I can make another video with the framerate unlocked if you'd like.

-Edit-

Oops. My first ever double post.

No I believe you. May try this actually.

Still pissed at the missing graphical features, but if I can get it at least damned playable.

sflufan

Banned
Guys, just don't waste your time anymore with trying to "fix" the game. With the sales suspension, the PC version effectively no longer exists.

pahamrick

No I believe you. May try this actually.

Still pissed at the missing graphical features, but if I can get it at least damned playable.

Made one anyway, uploading now.

-Edit-

Or not, holy shit. DIdn't realize it was almost 2gb and would take me 4 hours to upload with my shitty upload speed. Either way, no stutter like with locked but the texture streaming is a bit more noticable when at 60+fps. Like, you can see textures load in on buildings as you glide past where it's not as noticable at 30fps.

Anyone got any AO fix?

Seems like this guy has it, and it looks better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glVH_a0qHx8

I tried using an AO fix that was posted earlier today, but it caused issues with the wrist mounted video screen and any video that was pre-rendered.

Yeah, I made a video of my performance too. Unlocked frame rate, sits at a relatively solid 60fps with everything on. Im uploading it to youtube as we speak. Not sure if it helps anything but thought i'd chime in. Its at a specific level, I'll record another one in the main city if there is interest.

pahamrick

Yeah, I made a video of my performance too. Unlocked frame rate, sits at a relatively solid 60fps with everything on. Im uploading it to youtube as we speak. Not sure if it helps anything but thought i'd chime in. Its at a specific level, I'll record another one in the main city if there is interest.

Nice! Whats your system specs? I can't turn on Gameworks Fog + Debris because it causes the game to crash every 15 or so minutes.

Made one anyway, uploading now.

-Edit-

Or not, holy shit. DIdn't realize it was almost 2gb and would take me 4 hours to upload with my shitty upload speed. Either way, no stutter like with locked but the texture streaming is a bit more noticable when at 60+fps. Like, you can see textures load in on buildings as you glide past where it's not as noticable at 30fps.

I tried using an AO fix that was posted earlier today, but it caused issues with the wrist mounted video screen and any video that was pre-rendered.

Well I just tried it with all gameworks off and its still the same. Could be a Windows 10 thing. Who knows at this point.

Just going to wait on a patch from now on.

pahamrick

Well I just tried it with all gameworks off and its still the same. Could be a Windows 10 thing. Who knows at this point.

Just going to wait on a patch from now on.

Yeah, it's hard to say what's causing wildly different results between systems. A few people I know on Windows 8.1 have horrible stutter when trying to play, and have systems that far outclass mine.

I just noticed that the Batsuit in the showcase actually has some visible wear like what you see in the PS4 version.

Also, am I just crazy or does the showcase also have AO turned on?

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about-

Nice! Whats your system specs? I can't turn on Gameworks Fog + Debris because it causes the game to crash every 15 or so minutes.

Heres the video. https://youtu.be/kITgjMuC7tw

Seems like youtube is still 'processing' it. Only 360p available yet, weird.

Spec below! Weird, I havent had any issues. Before I unlocked the frame rate I had it at 30 and didnt have any problems, it just was at 30. I played the game up till the ACE Chemical factory at 30fps locked no issues, then I did the ini edit and put it at 60fps with adaptive V-Sync. You see in the video how it drops a bit when the tires are spinning etc.

Intel i7 4770K @4.3ghz
Windows 8.1
16GB System Memory
256 SSD for video recording (Also System)
1TB WD Black (Where game is stored : STEAM Version)
EVGA GTX 970 SSC (Factory OC)
1080p All settings at highest in game.
Played using Xbox PC Controller

The SLI trick where you disable a GPU and dedicate one to PhysX seems to have worked. Using a 680 SLI (2GB) and it's locked to 30. Prior to this, it'd drop from 30 to mid to low 20's. This is with Gameworks off too...everything off. I wonder if I can now try out Gameworks and maintain the 30FPS.

Pretty unhappy, as I've yet to encounter a game I can't run at a stable 60. Even The Witcher is a buttery smoothe High / Medium 60 FPS.

cametall

This is about how my game performs too. I didn't tweak anything, everything on its highest setting, even the Gameworks stuff.

guess i'm one of the "lucky" ones. While the performance isn't all I'd hope with everything on the highest and gameworks all on i'm getting a steady 30 fps on my 970 at 1440p. No stuttering with a few frame drops here and there. Without gameworks and the fps cap off in the batmobile I still get drops to 30. Indoors I'll be fine.

pahamrick

Heres the video. https://youtu.be/kITgjMuC7tw

Seems like youtube is still 'processing' it. Only 360p available yet, weird.

Spec below! Weird, I havent had any issues. Before I unlocked the frame rate I had it at 30 and didnt have any problems, it just was at 30. I played the game up till the ACE Chemical factory at 30fps locked no issues, then I did the ini edit and put it at 60fps with adaptive V-Sync. You see in the video how it drops a bit when the tires are spinning etc.

Intel i7 4770K @4.3ghz
Windows 8.1
16GB System Memory
256 SSD for video recording (Also System)
1TB WD Black (Where game is stored : STEAM Version)
EVGA GTX 970 SSC (Factory OC)
1080p All settings at highest in game.
Played using Xbox PC Controller

I think you're the first person I've seen playing from a standard HDD and not having stutter or severe texture streaming issues and on Windows 8 to boot.

Top Bottom