• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Tainted

Is this really a huge and expensive task? I'm finding this hard to believe, but I won't pretend to know any and all things about game development either.

The game doesn't need to be started again from scratch. It is a smart move to halt sales until they have released a patch or two to fix the game's biggest issues, although most of the damage has already been done...they need to control the situation somewhat

The funny thing is that I bought that game more than a month after it came out on PC and it crashed more for me than AC Unity at launch did and than Arkham Knight has for me.

I had some crashes as well, but at least it performed pretty well. At least it wasn't 30fps capped and gave tons of graphics options. It was mostly received as a positively good port.

The funny thing is that I bought that game more than a month after it came out on PC and it crashed more for me than AC Unity at launch did and than Arkham Knight has for me.
I thought the GTAV port was excellent, but I wasn't able to play it for nearly a week because of issues with their proprietary installer/DRM. Funny that my two most recent discounted GMG purchases have screwed me over in one way or another. Should stick with Steam.

npa189

Taking a AAA off Steam is unprecedented right? I can't think of another game that this has happened to. They must have taken a good long look at the game on PC because its nothing like what they shipped on PS4. They should have delayed it like the last 2 Arkham games. I just feel bad for everyone involved, no one wins in this situation.

JohngPR

Those who bought the game at GMG....now seems like the time to strike while the iron is hot...especially when WB's official stance is to ask for a refund if you are not happy with your purchase.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Taking a AAA off Steam is unprecedented right? I can't think of another game that this has happened to. They must have taken a good long look at the game on PC because its nothing like what they shipped on PS4. They should have delayed it like the last 2 Arkham games. I just feel bad for everyone involved, no one wins in this situation.

Honestly I think they took a good hard look at the number of sales vs the number of refunds on Steam then decided to take it off Steam until (or if) they fix it.

I honestly would have been fine with 2-3 weeks of delay for PC release if they needed time to for fixing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. It looks likes it's going to a while before the first patch comes out now. How will GMG refund this game?

I got a response saying they would refund it if the first update doesn't fix the issues... Who knows who gets to decide that, though.

Spartix

In not one of my brightest moments I unknowingly left the game running when I left my house for a while. Come home to see I have 6 hours played on Arkham knight. Of course I still try to get a refund but they declined it. In light of recent news and the sales of the game being suspended I'm hoping they will give a little wiggle room for refunds of this game. There is obviously a serious problem here.

You mean a game that has a requirement of 8GB of RAM for recommended and ultra settings shouldn't potentially need upwards of 14GB before even factoring in GPU memory usage?

Remember when gamespot gave this game a 7/10 and every fanboy jumped on them for not rating it as 11 out of 10 even though they didn't play the game. (referring to subtitle) Rocksteady should not be forgiven on this
That was the PS4 version though and its rating had nothing to do with the game's performance on PC.

Another statement has been released on Steam

Seems they're taking it off the store?

Wow... But the game shouldn't have been put up in the first place in the state it's in. PC gamers would be pissed but they probably wouldn't have lost much in the way of actual sales. I wonder, if the game gets pulled will the negative reviews get deleted and stay so when it's brought back?

Tainted

In not one of my brightest moments I unknowingly left the game running when I left my house for a while. Come home to see I have 6 hours played on Arkham knight. Of course I still try to get a refund but they declined it. In light of recent news and the sales of the game being suspended I'm hoping they will give a little wiggle room for refunds of this game. There is obviously a serious problem here.

They should re-think that 2hr limit on a game by game basis I think. It would be pretty easy to breeze through that first couple of hours enduring the issues imo

-MD-

Those who bought the game at GMG....now seems like the time to strike while the iron is hot...especially when WB's official stance is to ask for a refund if you are not happy with your purchase.

We have to wait until the patch hits.

Mattenth

If only Rocksteady hired the crew that ported GTA 5 to the PC.

I don't think this is a fantastic example... GTA V had 2 release rounds prior to releasing on PC, and there were numerous delays on the PC version.

The port is fantastic, and I'm glad they delayed it, but it speaks way more about the publisher (Take Two) than it does about the people who created the port.

Is this really a huge and expensive task? I'm finding this hard to believe, but I won't pretend to know any and all things about game development either.

It's not something that's going to be finished in two weeks.

There are major problems with the build that was released on Steam. Ideally, they'd correct all these issues, get better performance out of Gameworks, increase performance across the board, then QA (bug-fix) it.

Will Rocksteady or Iron Galaxy work on it? If it's the former, how many people will be taken off working on the DLC and their next project?

It's not something that's going to be finished in two weeks.

There are major problems with the build that was released on Steam. Ideally, they'd correct all these issues, get better performance out of Gameworks, increase performance across the board, then QA (bug-fix) it.

Will Rocksteady or Iron Galaxy work on it? If it's the former, how many people will be taken off working on the DLC and their next project?

More likely those who worked on the main game are going to have their vacations postponed if Rocksteady is involved. DLC is usually handled by a separate team.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Wonder if Nvidia will send out codes for people that got it for free for another game. I'd want to distance myself from the abomination as much as possible.

More likely those who worked on the main game are going to have their vacations postponed if Rocksteady is involved. DLC is usually handled by a separate team.

"Hey, I know you were headed out for a couple weeks starting this weekend, but we need you to stay..."

"For how long?"

"Indefinitely."

AEREC

I think the same thing happened with GTAIV on steam...they also offered refunds on it at least when their was no refund policy.

The Cowboy

Fully agree with others, pulling it from the store really does show this is not going to be a quick fix, i recon Valve should offer refunds to all who want one at this point - despite how long a person has played it for.

Van

I'm stillgetting a black screen when I go full screen D: I have no wifi atm and I can't figure out how to go windowed mode cause the nivida panel won't let me D: (darken out/can't switch)

JohngPR

We have to wait until the patch hits.

That's what they told me and then asked me to do what WB recommends by trying those settings they put out.

Now WB is recommending to ask for a refund if you are not happy with your purchase. I feel like that changes things. I sent a link to GMG Support with WB's press release and asked if I could get a refund now that they recommend it...we'll see what they say.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Most likely they'll give the task to Feral Interactive and we'll be getting Windows/Linus/SteamOS in Fall at the same time.

Guys, I've a question, is it normal that this game is consuming so much RAM? It began to stutter and so I quited the game, when I checked CPU and RAM usage I saw that the RAM at use was 5,6 GB, out of my 6 GB, is this spected or is it part of it being a bad port?

Social

Guys, I've a question, is it normal that this game is consuming so much RAM? It began to stutter and so I quited the game, when I checked CPU and RAM usage I saw that the RAM at use was 5,6 GB, out of my 6 GB, is this spected or is it part of it being a bad port?

it has a little problem with memory leaks. Needs a frequent restart

JohngPR

At this point a large amount of people are having issues despite high end hardware. The game is in a Pretty bad state right now.

it has a little problem with memory leaks. Needs a frequent restart

Damn, I guess I'm not touching this until it gets patched then. It's a shame, the fact that the PC port is bad shouldn't mean that this is a bad game. I'm pretty sure it's just as good as the other two (not counting Origins)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Holy shit, they're pulling it from sale.

I've only ever seen that happen to that one awful cricket game, and the dev who threatened Gabe Newell.

This is a serious positive for good consumer practices, they shouldn't be selling this game.

GavinUK86

Hahahahaha...

sgFSApW.png

Top Bottom