• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Does anyone have the default BaseEngine file? Like, the original 1.00 version? Because Rocksteady changed the values in the patch and I've noticed more pop-in than usual as a result. The default values worked better for me but I'm having difficulty locating them.

...And my friends called me a fool for not upgrading my PC just for this game. I would have thrown someone through a wall if I had. Warner Bros. can get fucked. They really should have just delayed the game, but if course, their bottom line is more important than releasing a product that works as advertised.

I did upgrade for this (and getting Witcher 3 once I've finished Witcher 2.)

Wish I'd just got the PS4 now.

Anyone have better performance right after beating the main game? For some reason, driving around doesn't have any hitching after the last segment.

Does anyone have the default BaseEngine file? Like, the original 1.00 version? Because Rocksteady changed the values in the patch and I've noticed more pop-in than usual as a result. The default values worked better for me but I'm having difficulty locating them.

Curious about this too.

Since I couldn't refund the game even if I wanted to and don't have other games I want to play instead, I'm generally interested in anything that helps the game run better.

Sefton Hill at Rocksteady already said their top PC designers are working on fixing the issues.

top_men_indiana_jones.gif

Im gonna wait till they release the patch thats actually supposed to fix the issues, and see if the game remains fucked or not. If it is ill finally refund and then have extra cash to pick up some fall titles.

You're going to be waiting a while.

Even this upcoming patch is only going to fix "many" of the issues, and that could mean anything. They're essentially saying this won't be last patch the game will need.

Pjsprojects

Well I'm not happy with myself but I just bought the X1 version for £25.
Really didn't want to double buy and line WB pockets but wanting to play the game got the better of me. Was only 13% complete on pc so not to worried about restarting.

Well I'm not happy with myself but I just bought the X1 version for £25.
Really didn't want to double buy and line WB pockets but wanting to play the game got the better of me. Was only 13% complete on pc so not to worried about restarting.

£25 is a good price, where did you find it for that?

vg260

I doubt they will provide codes for existing users. After all, Nvidia already provided the game they need, if it's a buggy mess it's not their fault. Also the game is getting patched in August, MGSV will be released in September, so all users should have a working game before MGSV release.
On the other hand, is possible WB will provide a free game instead.

People were able to get Batman: AK and Witcher 3 despite buying their video cards weeks and even months beforehand. It'll be likely entirely up to the retailer's/CS's discretion.

Newegg hooked me up with one after explaining the Batman mess. :)

Sulik2

My impression of how this went down:

IG: Hey WB the PC version is broken, we need to delay it. We can't get it working by release date.

WB: Lol money. Release it.

1 Week Later:

WB: Steam has refunds now? Fuuuuuuuuu. When did this happen!? Stop selling it and hope we can fix it by the holiday season.

I'm so glad I didn't jump on a 980 get a copy of this game now.

MrGlugi

Neo Member
I can't wait any longer...
I'm planning to play the game on my PC with everything on - gameworks too, downsampled from 1440p @ locked 30FPS.

But the real question is how to obtain locked & "as smooth as possible" 30FPS? I hope you guys know what I mean. What's the best option? (It would be nice if somebody posted step-by-step explanation)

Will, in this case (downsampling), IQ will be better with FXAA turned on or off?

GTX 970 @ 1500MHz, memory: 7970MHz & i7 4770k @ 4GHz, 16GB RAM

Thx in advance for help!

Spaghetti

kinda tempted to start playing because i suddenly have a lot more free time on my hands. are there any fan fixes out there for the memory leaks at least?

Peterthumpa

I'm planning to play the game on my PC with everything on - gameworks too, downsampled from 1440p @ locked 30FPS.

But the real question is how to obtain locked & "as smooth as possible" 30FPS? I hope you guys know what I mean. What's the best option? (It would be nice if somebody posted step-by-step explanation)

Will, in this case (downsampling), IQ will be better with FXAA turned on or off?

Thx in advance for help!

Right now, using a DeLorean.

pahamrick

did you email them, post the email address pls :3

I used the web chat. I was originally told by the rep I couldn't get one due to when I ordered my card (end of April) but ended up getting an order confirmation and code (which I've already redeemed).

Doesn't hurt to try.

Mifec

I used the web chat. I was originally told by the rep I couldn't get one due to when I ordered my card (end of April) but ended up getting an order confirmation and code (which I've already redeemed).

Doesn't hurt to try.

Well I'm European so this is an actual time when I can say: asking for a friend rofl. Will forward it to him.

Wolfie5

Thx in advance for help!

I played and finished at pretty smooth 30FPS(slowdown only once, which resolved when I downloaded the latest drivers). Other than that, I could see the FPS counter go down to 29 sometimes, but I didn´t notice any impact on gameplay.
I had everything on, except interactive smoke/fog, downsampled from 2715x1527 (weird res to chose, but that´s the option I had, since 4k didn´t work :). Think it´s 2x DSR, not sure).

GTX 970, 4790k, 8GB RAM, SSD, Win 8.1. Nothing overclocked (should do it some day, but don´t know how and I haven´t feeled the need yet).

Your setup should work just fine, but there have been others with similar setups that didn´t, so I can´t say for sure. Seems random.

Evo X

Newegg support already gave me free Witcher 3 and Batman codes for a Titan X I bought at launch before those free game deals were available.

I feel like it would be kinda assholish to ask for a 3rd code. Probably wait and grab one for $25 from the B/S/T thread.

npa189

Newegg support already gave me free Witcher 3 and Batman codes for a Titan X I bought at launch before those free game deals were available.

I feel like it would be kinda assholish to ask for a 3rd code. Probably wait and grab one for $25 from the B/S/T thread.

I asked and they said they couldn't because I already got 2 games, oh well didn't hurt to try.

LAA

Hoping I can get a batman code from amazon UK. Hoping they will seeing theres been success from amazon US orders. E-mailed them twice, but they've basically said to wait until they have the MGS V promotion on the site, which is weird as none of their graphics cards seeming to be offering it yet.

Saiyan-Rox

figured i'd try getting a MGS code from Overclockers

They did give me a Batman one after I bought my card so I doubt i'll get one but it's worth a shot

MrGlugi

Neo Member
Right now, using a DeLorean.

Gonna call Doc and see what he can do ;p

I played and finished at pretty smooth 30FPS(slowdown only once, which resolved when I downloaded the latest drivers). Other than that, I could see the FPS counter go down to 29 sometimes, but I didn´t notice any impact on gameplay.
I had everything on, except interactive smoke/fog, downsampled from 2715x1527 (weird res to chose, but that´s the option I had, since 4k didn´t work :). Think it´s 2x DSR, not sure).

GTX 970, 4790k, 8GB RAM, SSD, Win 8.1. Nothing overclocked (should do it some day, but don´t know how and I haven´t feeled the need yet).

Your setup should work just fine, but there have been others with similar setups that didn´t, so I can´t say for sure. Seems random.

Ok, thanks for the info :) I will try the game again with similar setting soon.

Do you think this would work with Amazon? How are you guys asking?

if you havent already done it...I used their live chat. I told them that other sites such as newegg were replacing the codes with the metal gear solid one that is being advertised now. The person went to go ask their supervisor or whatever, came back, and said that they were not doing that but could offer a 10% refund instead. I just went ahead and did that.

becktionary

Neo Member
Dumb question but I assume Newegg is replacing the AK codes, not just giving a partial refund/MGSV code as well? I sold my Nvidia code and used the GMG deal to get the premium edition, so I'd hate to screw over someone else in an attempt to get a free game after we both got screwed by WB.

pahamrick

Dumb question but I assume Newegg is replacing the AK codes, not just giving a partial refund/MGSV code as well? I sold my Nvidia code and used the GMG deal to get the premium edition, so I'd hate to screw over someone else in an attempt to get a free game after we both got screwed by WB.

In my case they're not replacing anything, I just got a MGSV code in addition to. Considering I got Witcher 3 and AK already I was shocked as hell when I got the code after originally being told I wasn't eligible.

Spoit

I dunno how those promo codes worked, exactly, but the physical ones with scratch offs? Or the ones you enter a code in another site to get the actual game code? I don't know how they'd possibly know the key to revoke

Layell

Just when I think this game can't break me any more, it does.

Since I heard about a certain "change the date for a special event" part of the game like in AC I decided I might as well try it out. Well I'm going around and I see an easy as balls Riddler trophy, so I figure I might as well +1 that. Go through it halfway and the game crashes within 5 minutes of playing.

But when I boot up again Windows 10 is telling me it's corrupted and I need to put in a recovery disc.

Fuck you WB, Fuck you Rocksteady, this is beyond silly now. I have never seen a game memory crash so bad it broke my OS. I will never buy anything from anyone involved in this again.

LAA

Got a MGSV promo code too once I talked to Newegg. I bought my 980ti back in May.

Literally got my 980Ti earlier this month, so really hoping I can get a MGSV code instead. Still waiting for Amazon UK to get updated with the MGS V Promotion so I can enquire more about it again.

vg260

I dunno how those promo codes worked, exactly, but the physical ones with scratch offs? Or the ones you enter a code in another site to get the actual game code? I don't know how they'd possibly know the key to revoke

There's no revoking. They just sent a code to redeem on the nvidia MGS redemption page.

Any tips on how to get the MGS code? Lol I just feel like i have shit luck with things like this

Just politely explain the situation. Mention how Nvidia used this to drive hardware purchases, the broken state the game was in, being so bad that WB had to pull the game from digital and retail stores, that WB themselves suggested getting refunds, there's no projected date for a fix, but since there's no recourse for those who got it this way, ask if they can provide MGS to make up for it. Probably still at the discretion of the rep you speak to, but preparing a little explanation first so they know you're not just claiming the game sucks for no reason and trying to scam a free game would help.

Top Bottom