• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

I received a key from Newegg. They agreed to give me one, though I bought 2 cards but that is more than reasonable. I happy with their customer support lately.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
Just tried EVGA on the phone to see if they would give me a code for MGS5 and no dice, they said they can't do it, ohh well

Schlomo

I got the game refunded by GMG over two weeks ago and the game is still in my steam library, is this normal?

I had Resi Revelations 2 refunded because of the missing splitscreen mode shortly after it came out, and it's still in my library. Publishers just don't care enough to have Steam remove it in some cases I think.

becktionary

Neo Member
I dunno how those promo codes worked, exactly, but the physical ones with scratch offs? Or the ones you enter a code in another site to get the actual game code? I don't know how they'd possibly know the key to revoke
Newegg sent me a separate email as a "Digital Product Delivery" with the key to enter on Nvidia's site, which then gives you a Steam code. I assume they probably have a record of who got what Nvidia code, which could then be used to determine which Steam key to be deactivated.

Really surprised by how playable this is, apart from texture pop-in (I could be very lucky).

My rig is pretty moderate (i5 4590, GTX 750 Ti 2GB OC, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 7200rpm HDD) and I can get 1080/30 (w/ occasional stutter + pop in) with everything on normal (lol). Kind of weird though, at 1080p I feel like black looks wrong (it looks like grey) - dropping the resolution makes blacks look black again. :/

I already played through it on PS4 so I figured I'd mess around with it on PC as I could get it cheap. Hopefully it can only get better from here with patches.

scitek

Really surprised by how playable this is, apart from texture pop-in (I could be very lucky).

My rig is pretty moderate (i5 4590, GTX 750 Ti 2GB OC, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 7200rpm HDD) and I can get 1080/30 (w/ occasional stutter + pop in) with everything on normal (lol). Kind of weird though, at 1080p I feel like black looks wrong (it looks like grey) - dropping the resolution makes blacks look black again. :/

I already played through it on PS4 so I figured I'd mess around with it on PC as I could get it cheap. Hopefully it can only get better from here with patches.

Sounds like your PC is changing the refresh rate to something that's not meshing with your display and washing out the picture. Usually caused by a mismatch between RGB Full and Limited. Check that it isn't going to 1080p @ 30Hz or something weird. There's probably an info screen in your monitor/TV's menu that will show what signal it's getting.

WaltJay

I just did a chat with Newegg CS.

Thank you for holding. Upon checking, I am going to create an item order to send the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for you as courtesy since I value you as our customer.

::successbaby::

Edit: ...and I already got the MGS V code in my email inbox. Newegg going the extra mile!

VICI0US

hmm, I'm gonna have to try talking to newegg. sadly AK did factor into my GPU purchase back in may. oh if only I had known.. would've held out for the 390 or something.

Sounds like your PC is changing the refresh rate to something that's not meshing with your display and washing out the picture. Usually caused by a mismatch between RGB Full and Limited. Check that it isn't going to 1080p @ 30Hz or something weird. There's probably an info screen in your monitor/TV's menu that will show what signal it's getting.
Alright, I'll have a look :)

VICI0US

success! good show, newegg

H7bFyl2.png

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
Let's contact nvidia and tell them to replace our keys for metal gear, i got my card for batman pretty much and evga wont do shit about it, so much for the "best customer service", someone create a hashtag and make our voices be heard, we have achieved great things in the past when we stick together, shit i sound like im running for president! But im for real guys! Let's do it!, even those that got their keys replaced my newegg or amazon or whatever just join us, help us

berzeli

Banned
Hmm, I kind of want to try my luck by contacting the retailer regarding MGS V (since Batman didn't play nice with my rig), but I got my 960 with Batman AK, Witcher 3 and GTA V so I feel like that might be pushing it.

Yeah, so now a 970 with three major releases isn't bad, even if one was a unoptimized, borderline unplayable for many without the right hardware mess. There was no replacing Arkham Knight discussion with the NewEgg CS I chatted with since I got my code and redeemed it before my card even arrived back in early May.

hmm, I'm gonna have to try talking to newegg. sadly AK did factor into my GPU purchase back in may. oh if only I had known.. would've held out for the 390 or something.

Same here but I probably would've held off for Pascal since I had and still have a ton of games that ran just fine on my 460s.

giphy.gif

Ordered my card on May 6, spoke with a representative, told them I wouldn't have bought the card had I known one of those games it came with was faulty and they added the order for MGSV.

Dmax3901

Hey you reckon if I tell nuuvem I wouldn't have bought arkham knight for $50 aud cheaper than retail they'll give me a free game. (Lol)

Ordered my gtx 970 the last week of July and it came with Arkham Knight..I already redeemed the code but I never played the game yet. You think if I tell newegg the game is broken they'll let me get MGSV?

Did someone got better (or a more consistent gameplay experience) by following this Steam guide?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484128370

Seems to be from someone who knows what he's talking about, there's even a GUI for setting up the game config.

His .ini file tweaks helped considerably for me when I first started using it (before he created the utlity), but after I used the utility, it seems to work, but not quite as much.

Corpekata

Banned
Ordered my gtx 970 the last week of July and it came with Arkham Knight..I already redeemed the code but I never played the game yet. You think if I tell newegg the game is broken they'll let me get MGSV?

You probably don't even need to do that much if you ordered just a bit ago. A lot of companies will just extend it to you because of when you bought it, regardless of a sob story, especially if you're a frequent customer.

Smokey

I've decided that I'm just going to attempt to play the game. Started over and applied the 60fps and other ini tweaks in the OP. We'll see how good my luck is. Good on you all for getting MGSV codes though.

If you got a Batman AK key with your GPU, why all the hassle with exchanging it for another code? The game will get fixed eventually, and if you were interested in it in the first place, what's changed now? Why not just wait?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

robotrock

Banned
If you got a Batman AK key with your GPU, why all the hassle with exchanging it for another code? The game will get fixed eventually, and if you were interested in it in the first place, what's changed now? Why not just wait?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

You're not really exchanging it. You get to keep Batman AK and for the hassle of trying, you may also get MGSV.

You're not really exchanging it. You get to keep Batman AK and for the hassle of trying, you may also get MGSV.

So people are just trying to get a free game?

I'm not normally one to take a business' side over the consumer, but this seems somewhat unreasonable. I mean, WB should be held accountable for their fuckup. But the stores selling the game presumably did this in good faith, and it's probably going to cost them a lot if everyone demands a game in addition to the one they paid for (AK). The petitions and demands should be directed towards WB IMO, not the stores selling the games.

I'm not normally one to take a business' side over the consumer, but this seems somewhat unreasonable. I mean, WB should be held accountable for their fuckup. But the stores selling the game presumably did this in good faith, and it's probably going to cost them a lot if everyone demands a game in addition to the one they paid for (AK). The petitions and demands should be directed towards WB IMO, not the stores selling the games.

If a company like NewEgg is willing to do this for their customers, and the customers are happy, and therefore the customers have a positive view of said company, why does it matter? I'm pretty sure the multi-billion dollar corporation isn't going to suffer because of this.

The status of your AK code should be irrelevant, you don't have to exchange it or anything.

No one is demanding, they're asking, these promotion codes cost NewEgg and other retailers next to nothing because it's a deal primarily brokered between NVIDIA and the publisher. People chat with CS and ask, that's it. They did the same with Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight, it's good customer relations. The fact that Arkham Knight turned out the way it did on PC is just an additional talking point. I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA gave stores more codes because of the Arkham Knight mess to appease customers who contact their retailer.

Top Bottom