• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

in·ter·im
ˈin(t)ərəm/

adjective
in or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary.

I remember all the people scoffing at the Fall 2015 rumor. The provisional patch is coming in August. And nothing more specific than "August" — no date or even an "early" or "mid' which doesn't bode well considering WB's been willing to surprise everyone with releasing the game in its current state, changing PC requirements the day before, etc.

Interim patch target is August

mucRNgD.gif

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Guys, please understand. The handful of interns they have assigned to this are trying their best.

I wonder if Iron Galaxy is helping on the patch or WB/Rocksteady just cut them loose completely (especially after Klepek article) which can explains why this is taking longer.

Vex_

Banned
Makes sense that they would get iron galaxy to fix all of their mistakes:

- The client (WB) makes a complaint to their contractors (iG) that the service they offered did not fulfill the deal.

- iG apologizes profusely. Offers to fix issues and a full refund.

- WB, as a company, sees "$$$".

- WB accepts.

- Iron galaxy then gives them an estimate on the fixes: "August".

- iG goes on fucking up.

---

I doubt WB would get rocksteady to fix iG's problem when it wasn't their fault + they want to keep money rolling in with their A team working on a new game.

My worry is that iG don't really know what they are doing, and will go through a lot more fuck ups. I can see the game never TRULY being fixed.

KingV

I never thoughT I would give props to Ubi for unity, but at least they tried to make things right.

A number of people (like me) upgraded their PCs innpart because of the free code for this, and can't get refunds. Basically, I'm stuck with a broke ass game. Nvidia or WB need to make this shit right.

It's a good thing that the fury didn't really change pricing on GTX 970s or i would be truly furious.

Sober

- The client (WB) makes a complaint to their contractors (iG) that the service they offered did not fulfill the deal.

- WB accepts.

- iG goes on fucking up.

---

I doubt WB would get rocksteady to fix iG's problem when it wasn't their fault + they want to keep money rolling in with their A team working on a new game.

My worry is that iG don't really know what they are doing, and will go through a lot more fuck ups. I can see the game never TRULY being fixed.
Pretty sure Rocksteady is doing all this in-house now.

Also the blame lies squarely on WB; they knew what they had and released it anyway thinking it was perfectly fine. I don't think there's anything about how much time IG had but the QA story on Kotaku sounds like their hands were sorta tied.

The wording is kinda worrying... what the hell is "interim" supposed to mean?

That sounds like "We try to patch it in august, we don't really think we will succeed though so let's give this another connotation just to be on the safe side when people will freak out again".

Corpekata

Banned
It means that it'll be another patch, likely a big one, but it won't be the final one where they go "We can put this back on sale now."

harz-marz

I never thoughT I would give props to Ubi for unity, but at least they tried to make things right.

A number of people (like me) upgraded their PCs innpart because of the free code for this, and can't get refunds. Basically, I'm stuck with a broke ass game. Nvidia or WB need to make this shit right.

It's a good thing that the fury didn't really change pricing on GTX 970s or i would be truly furious.

This.

I upgraded my PC just to play this game (in the short term) and I am utterly disappointed.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

iNvid02

Well if there was any doubt for the hottest mess, that just locked it in. Pathetic

When somebody says destroy the retail discs something has gone horribly wrong

Layell

How the hell is this possible?

How did they mess up this badly?

First things first they need to fix playing this on HD, because it's just not playable on that. I can't believe they won't even be able to pull this off. I can't believe these clowns are running around thinking they can save any face. No more money for WB, you've been naughty.

dex3108

I doubt they will provide codes for existing users. After all, Nvidia already provided the game they need, if it's a buggy mess it's not their fault. Also the game is getting patched in August, MGSV will be released in September, so all users should have a working game before MGSV release.
On the other hand, is possible WB will provide a free game instead.

Free skin at best.

gogogow

I doubt they will provide codes for existing users. After all, Nvidia already provided the game they need, if it's a buggy mess it's not their fault. Also the game is getting patched in August, MGSV will be released in September, so all users should have a working game before MGSV release.

Maybe they'll let us choose their other, recently released broken game, MKX...

iNvid02

Nvidia fulfilled their contractual obligations with WB with the gameworks effects, marketing, and free game codes bundled in with cards. There is no chance they, or Konami are going to jump in and offer MGS V for free, whatever gets offered (if anything) will be from WB.

With AC Unity it was a clusterfuck on consoles, they mostly sorted it out within a few weeks and gave away the season pass for free to everyone. People who already bought it got compensated with a choice of free game (6 to choose from). You might think because this clusterfuck doesn't seem to have an expiry date (they're talking about a temporary patch next month), that the compensation might be greater.

But you have to bear in mind they went ahead and said get your refunds almost immediately to anyone who wanted them, and that these issues don't affect the wider console user base. A free season pass to anyone who still has the game in their steam library seems likely.

iNvid02

spin it how you want, dead kings was the core of that season pass.

I thought the Assassins Creed Chronicles China game was supposed to be a big part of the pass as well ?

sure, but that was only part 1 of 3, with the remainder of the sp being some pre-order missions and weapons/skins.

SparkTR

When I played the port it didn't seem like it was that unsalvagable. A months work is a fair bit on time, I'm really hoping for good things.

spin it how you want, dead kings was the core of that season pass.

sure, but that was only part 1 of 3, with the remainder of the sp being some pre-order missions and weapons/skins.

It only became 1 of 3afterwards, literally not until 5 months after unity was released; it was a giant part of the sp content and was marketed as such.

In fact when they first announced the SP content in september, they lead with chronicles, the unity content was second.

Edit:
They just removed the season pass from steam again.

I can't get a refund, but I'd be happy if I could get a code for MGSV instead.

People were able to get Batman: AK and Witcher 3 despite buying their video cards weeks and even months beforehand. It'll be likely entirely up to the retailer's/CS's discretion.

Layell

I also have to wonder if nvidia had any role to play in the pressure on WB to improve this mess. I cannot imagine they are happy with a game with their features not even running on the hardware it was given away with.

hlhbk

- WB accepts.

- iG goes on fucking up.

---

Sefton Hill at Rocksteady already said their top PC designers are working on fixing the issues.

- WB accepts.

- iG goes on fucking up.

---

Not really, the most likely scenario is that WB paid them for a cheap port and decided it was good enough for release

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah, it may just be time to refund through GMG. This shit is never getting fixed.

Im gonna wait till they release the patch thats actually supposed to fix the issues, and see if the game remains fucked or not. If it is ill finally refund and then have extra cash to pick up some fall titles.

Top Bottom