• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

mr stroke

I know this game is busted and all

But has anyone been able to play at 60fps locked ? No matter what I do the fps is all over the place(Even with 2xTitan Xs@1080p)

AJLma

But has anyone been able to play at 60fps locked ? No matter what I do the fps is all over the place(Even with 2xTitan Xs@1080p)

That's the part of the game that's busted.

I get wild variations of 40-100+ on a single Titan X. It'd be perfectly playable even with the dips if it didn't freeze every time I threw a batarang and would load more than half of the textures.

Kinthalis

Banned

There are issues with assets streaming into the GPU, and this is causing hitching. So long as this is the case, I don't think you'll be able to get a solid 60. Some people are reporting less drops using an SSD.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Seeing the New Egg customer service I tried Micro Center to no avail. They said they weren't participating in any kind of replacement codes. :(

So someone on reddit reported better performance in AK with W10, and there's a video on YouTube which seems to confirm as much - their benchmark average in W8.1 is 70, and their average in W10 is 79. Obviously the benchmark doesn't represent the actual game anyway, but I'm still sceptical. Has anyone upgraded and noticed anything?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So someone on reddit reported better performance in AK with W10, and there's a video on YouTube which seems to confirm as much - their benchmark average in W8.1 is 70, and their average in W10 is 79. Obviously the benchmark doesn't represent the actual game anyway, but I'm still sceptical. Has anyone upgraded and noticed anything?

How many times was the benchmark run on each OS? Speaking generally, it's about as accurate as Pete Hines' word on why Bethesda hasn't returned Quake Wars and Wolf09 to the Steam Store. Which is to say not at all.

How many times was the benchmark run on each OS? Speaking generally, it's about as accurate as Pete Hines' word on why Bethesda hasn't returned Quake Wars and Wolf09 to the Steam Store. Which is to say not at all.
I didn't think it was :/ especially considering the benchmark itself is garbage. I was hoping someone in this thread would've been able to speak from experience :p

pahamrick

I still feel that not offering any type of compensation for people who didn't refund, even a token DLC of some sort, is poor form by WB/Rocksteady.

When SimCity launched broken, people were able to refund that and EA still offered a free game as compensation.

I still feel that not offering any type of compensation for people who didn't refund, even a token DLC of some sort, is poor form by WB/Rocksteady.

When SimCity launched broken, people were able to refund that and EA still offered a free game as compensation.

They may still offer the Season Pass, or at least Babs' DLC as a peace offering when the patch drops.

Keep hope alive.

And what good does that do for season pass owners?
Before they can go around dishing out free stuff, they need to first think about:
1. who already owns it.
2. who already owns the alternative.

The alternative being another WB game, but this isn't really an easy option.
Oh but ubi did it with Unity? Well think about how when they announced it for unity, Far cry 4 was just released, and the the crew wasn't even out yet. These were 2 brand new games from a total of 5.
WB doesn't really have anything they can offer now that 100% of the people don't own yet; MKX has been out since april and SoM has been out for nearly a year.

So if they offer normal owners free dlc, they get a much better deal than people who own the season pass, who might have to deal with duplicate free stuff.

pahamrick

And what good does that do for season pass owners?
Before they can go around dishing out free stuff, they need to first think about:
1. who already owns it.
2. who already owns the alternative.

The alternative being another WB game, but this isn't really an easy option.
Oh but ubi did it with Unity? Well think about how when they announced it for unity, Far cry 4 was just released, and the the crew wasn't even out yet. These were 2 brand new games from a total of 5.
WB doesn't really have anything they can offer now that 100% of the people don't own yet; MKX has been out since april and SoM has been out for nearly a year.

So if they offer normal owners free dlc, they get a much better deal than people who own the season pass, who might have to deal with duplicate free stuff.

They can offer Mad Max, MKX, SoM, Lego Jurassic World, ect. There's many WB published games that have come out or will be coming out they could put on offer. It's not that hard of a stretch.

Its if they want to bother to do it, which they undoubtedly don't want to if they don't have to.

I got my MGSV code (bought a 970 a couple weeks before the change) today. It took a week to get a reply from Newegg, so if you don't hear from them right away, support could just be busy right now. I know this is a Batman thread and I did want to play it, but it's just nice to get a (I hope) game that plays decent when you spend over $300 on a card.

I didn't think it was :/ especially considering the benchmark itself is garbage. I was hoping someone in this thread would've been able to speak from experience :p

I've noticed that it runs a bit more stable now in Windows 10 than it did on 7 but I can't really say if it was because of the switch or not.

They can offer Mad Max, MKX, SoM, Lego Jurassic World, ect. There's many WB published games that have come out or will be coming out they could put on offer. It's not that hard of a stretch.

Its if they want to bother to do it, which they undoubtedly don't want to if they don't have to.

Hmm right, I forgot about mad max and jurassic world, those could work.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Photo mode released on consoles before the pc version is fixed? Really?

I know it seems shitty, but spreading workload doesn't really work like I think you're imagining. There are some people who are incredibly useful in fixing the PC port, and some who couldn't really help at all. Its reasonable to have the latter people working on something else more productive rather than just twiddling their thumbs. Look up Brooks' law for some understanding.

Shutts

Neo Member
I bought this game last week for £10.. only played an hour or so.. no problems so far tbh. Runs and looks great on a 1231v3 and a 970 @ 1080p.

Just changed the max fps ini file setting to 60 and used the Nvidia experience settings. Am I just lucky?

Jelle

I bought this game last week for £10.. only played an hour or so.. no problems so far tbh. Runs and looks great on a 1231v3 and a 970 @ 1080p.

Just changed the max fps ini file setting to 60 and used the Nvidia experience settings. Am I just lucky?
Yes, you're lucky to not see the many frame drops to 40 or lower. Sarcasm aside, some people really don't notice that. I envy them.

Then again, you never said you were running solid 60fps. There's just no way anyone runs AK on 60fps without frequent drops.

Layell

I can't help but feel salty when I read "AK Patch" and it's not for PC, so some sort of status update would be nice especially since they said the first one would be "this month"

I really hope it comes out soon tbh, I've been desperately wanting to replay it. Even when I get it running at a solid framerate the freezing, stuttering and hitching removes any perception of smoothness.

Still no news about the patch, they should provide at least an ETA, even if not precise, like end of August, middle, something like this. Also I would know if DLCs will be launched with the patch, and if some kind of compensation will be offered.
Set your expectations for August 31, 2015. When it comes out early you can be pleasantly surprised while also being as annoyed as the rest of us that it's only an interim patch. If it comes out after August 31, then they flat out lied and you can join us with pitchforks in hand.

daxy

Hoping they manage to fix the bug where your suit doesn't show the damage it sustains throughout the story if you at any point selected an alternative costume (reverts to normal after finishing the game). Not yet addressed on consoles either.

Set your expectations for August 31, 2015. When it comes out early you can be pleasantly surprised while also being as annoyed as the rest of us that it's only an interim patch. If it comes out after August 31, then they flat out lied and you can join us with pitchforks in hand.

Yep. That's always solid advice when ranges are given for a release rather than a concrete date.

When I see this thread on top of my subbed thread page I grin from ear to ear. Once I click on the last page and scroll to the bottom, I leave with sadness. :(

Soooo I'm downloading this right now, got a great deal from a fellow gaffer right before the code expired. Should I wait to play? I've never played any of the others and just got AA for like $3 or $4 so I could always play that first.

Soooo I'm downloading this right now, got a great deal from a fellow gaffer right before the code expired. Should I wait to play? I've never played any of the others and just got AA for like $3 or $4 so I could always play that first.

It's a complete crapshoot. Might run okay for you, might run horribly.

I've had times where it's consistent 60 fps on-foot and without hitching even in the overworld/in the Batmobile, but it was completely random. Running it in 3200x1800 ran better than in 1080p for me.

It's a complete crapshoot. Might run okay for you, might run horribly.

I've had times where it's consistent 60 fps on-foot and without hitching even in the overworld/in the Batmobile, but it was completely random. Running it in 3200x1800 ran better than in 1080p for me.

Thanks! It's around 80% now and I'm probably just gonna hold off until the next big patch.

Which means this is taking more than 3 hours to download, maaan

robotrock

Banned
Thanks! It's around 80% now and I'm probably just gonna hold off until the next big patch.

Which means this is taking more than 3 hours to download, maaan

Yeah apparently there is some sort of patch this month, so wait for that.

Definitely play Arkham Asylum right now though. It's incredible and still plays really well. You'll appreciate the various refinements more in Arkham Knight after you play Asylum.

Salsa

there is no way we don't get the season pass

not even thinkin of them like doing that as a nice gesture

they have to. And I dont think they're as dumb as to not do anything, regardless of how dumb they do seem to be

option between that and maybe MKX for those who already bought it

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
yeah I think they'll have to give the season pass for people who bought the game on steam. but let see if they can really fix the port first.

bigace33

Game played great for my first 25 hours, not the problems people complained about are starting to arise. Massive slowdown and freezing, even the menus are laggy now. Still a great game though.

I'll settle for nothing less than Mad Max.

Yeah, either the season pass for everyone or Mad Max (which will probably have a shitty port too, LOL). All the retailer exclusive stuff is acquirable for PC players, so that better not be given as compensation.

For some reason, the game works okay for me in W10, but the W10 Nvidia drivers cause it to hitch worse than this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37KpOYVrLZM

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
there is no way we don't get the season pass

not even thinkin of them like doing that as a nice gesture

they have to. And I dont think they're as dumb as to not do anything, regardless of how dumb they do seem to be

option between that and maybe MKX for those who already bought it
I already have the Season Pass and MKX (and it's season pass...), and basically all their games... Mad Max or bust.

Salsa

yeah I think they'll have to give the season pass for people who bought the game on steam. but let see if they can really fix the port first.

I bought the game on Nuuvem and im still hoping to get it. I activated it on Steam to pre-load.

I also expect kind of bells and whistles in a re-launch sort of way. it'll reappear on Steam at $40 rather than $60 and stuff like that.

Momentary

Banned

What happens to the people who already have the season pass? I don't think they would do that just to piss off a whole other group.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I would be extremely pissed if they offered the Season Pass as the method of compensation for early customers. I bought the (very) expensive Premium edition on launch. Giving me the Season Pass now is basically giving me the middle finger. It's even worse in the case of MKX, since you could end up with a broken game and a game you already have (and which launched as broken as Batman, BTW...).

If WB decides to compensate us PC players in some way or form, they should provide at least five or six different choices to pick from. There's always going to be someone who already has every single one of those six (or twenty) games, but, hey, at least you're not making the decision so black or white.

b0bbyJ03

Yeah, either the season pass for everyone or Mad Max (which will probably have a shitty port too, LOL). All the retailer exclusive stuff is acquirable for PC players, so that better not be given as compensation.

For some reason, the game works okay for me in W10, but the W10 Nvidia drivers cause it to hitch worse than this video:

im on windows 10 as well. Does it run better without the windows 10 drivers?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's been done in-house at Avalanche and JC2's PC version is very solid.

Top Bottom