• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Brofist

I got a code for this game from a friend who bought a new Nvidia card, but Steam only let me preload it. Anyway around that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PSA, I just got this from Nuuvem:

It's not a refund, but the next best thing.

Be aware that Nuuvem has no store credit functionality (e.g. Steam Wallet), so make sure you don't waste your coupon on something markedly less than BRL$80.

JaseC

I got a code for this game from a friend who bought a new Nvidia card, but Steam only let me preload it. Anyway around that?

Connect to a VPN based somewhere other than South Korea/Japan and then restart Steam. I believe Spotflux is still free, US-based and doesn't have session limits. If your IP resets while in-game, you'll lose your in-game status, which breaks Steamworks functionality, so it's best to either use a VPN that won't disconnect you after a certain amount of time or just switch to Offline Mode after you've restarted Steam with your new IP (after which you won't need the VPN).

Nope. You're gonna have to wait until the re-release to play it.

He's limited to a pre-load because he's in either South Korea or Japan, where the game has yet to release.

Salsa

Be aware that Nuuvem has no store credit functionality (e.g. Steam Wallet), so make sure you don't waste your coupon on something markedly less than BRL$80.

yeah. not gettin a refund for that reason since most upcoming stuff seems to be priced higher now

almost ate a spoiler about the game yesterday

good lord it's been long

I wanna play this fucking shit
This.

Saw a spoiler the other day. Some douche put in a snippet I didn't want to see in his graphic setting youtube vid. Media blackout from here on out. Come the fuck on Warner Bros/RockSteady! >:|

Backlogger

Seems they've forgotten about us. Dem non-existent updates.

As an update, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Rocksteady and our partners are targeting an interim patch update for existing players to be released in August.

It's still August

/sarcasm off

It would have been nice to have an announcement by now with a date though. It makes me think the next announcement will be a delay announcement.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
PSA, I just got this from Nuuvem:

It's not a refund, but the next best thing.
Interesting that they actually did it, given that they have a pretty hard stance on refunds.
At this point though I'll just hold on to it.

almost ate a spoiler about the game yesterday

good lord it's been long

I wanna play this fucking shit
I actually got something spoiled, but I didn't care because I already suspected as much and it was *really* obvious.

Doomedfool

This.

Saw a spoiler the other day. Some douche put in a snippet I didn't want to see in his graphic setting youtube vid. Media blackout from here on out. Come the fuck on Warner Bros/RockSteady! >:|

Yeah, I was in a thread that should have been spoiler free, and it wasn't :( Ah well, only a minor spoiler (I think), but I know to just stay the hell out of all the other Arkham Knight threads until I get to play this.

I am a huge fan of the other Arkham games (actually didn't even hate Blackgate), so this wait for a fix is driving me nuts.

I'm pretty sure it'll also work with the re-release, if not I'll have to do it again :p

I don't find them necessary, just look at what thug is attacking and counter. Makes it a bit more hardcore :)

But if you wanna keep them you can open d3dx.ini and delete these two:

[ShaderOverride1]
Hash=3f891f143508a481
Handling=skip

[ShaderOverride2]
Hash=9f702459949cea45
Handling=skip

So that will keep the lighting bolt indicators but remove those dumb trails and explosion type effects when hitting people?

Brofist

Connect to a VPN based somewhere other than South Korea/Japan and then restart Steam. I believe Spotflux is still free, US-based and doesn't have session limits. If your IP resets while in-game, you'll lose your in-game status, which breaks Steamworks functionality, so it's best to either use a VPN that won't disconnect you after a certain amount of time or just switch to Offline Mode after you've restarted Steam with your new IP (after which you won't need the VPN).

He's limited to a pre-load because he's in either South Korea or Japan, where the game has yet to release.

Yep that's what I had to do. Spotflux only gives a 3 day free trial though, any other good free VPNs out there?

JaseC

Yep that's what I had to do. Spotflux only gives a 3 day free trial though, any other good free VPNs out there?

Ah. There's TunnelBear, but the free service has a monthly 500MB limit, which can be bumped up to 1.5GB by making a throwaway Twitter account and following the instructions here, so make sure you have no active down/uploads while using it.

KingBroly

Banned
Two weeks from the end of the month, and still not a peep. WHERE'S OUR DAMN PATCH!?

No news is good news, usually. Considering how bad of a state the PC version was in when it released, it's better they take their time with it to avoid even more backlash through incremental patches.

http://deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/419/guide-batman-arkham-knight

I can't get the "time stop," HUD toggle, etc. to work. I've tried adding the bindings with and without copying the bindings from below [Engine.PlayerInput] under [BmGame.RPlayerInput]

It doesn't work. It's all lies.

Works for me. Make sure the key you're binding is not bound to something else, use Ctrl+F and search for the key. So for example if you find F8 more than once you need to change all of those F8's that isn't your toggle to some other key.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I decided to boot the game again yesterday, and the game seems to work better on W10 and using AMD's 15.7.1 drivers.
Still not particularly good, but at least I no longer hit cinematic framerates during batmobile sections or while gliding through the city, so the game seems to be at least properly playable now on my low level hardware.

daxy

Doesn't work? or doesn't do 60fps? Also isn't there a patch soon?

Must be different depending on everyone's setup. Practically any time I'm on foot, it's 58-60. It's weird that even in simple environments it doesn't seem to be able to hold a stable 60 and goes between 58-60 but whatever. When flying and driving it will fluctuate between 40 and 60 with occasional drops to high 30s. It's most noticeable when driving and specifically when doing the fast grapple thing when flying. If I do that adaptive half refresh rate vsync thing with the forced frame rate disabled, it will hit a solid 30 and never dip down. Strangely enough, with the original forced 30 frame rate it will actually jump between like 25-30.

It's not great, but I played worse ports. I played to 100% completion (minus AR challenges), so I'm not that picky/part of the problem/really like this series. I'm glad it ran as well as it does for me, because it seems like people with better setups get worse performance, or they're more vocal about it anyway.

Last edited:
Must be different depending on everyone's setup. I've got a 4690K with a 970 (Giga G1). Practically any time I'm on foot, it's 58-60. It's weird that even in simple environments it doesn't seem to be able to hold a stable 60 and goes between 58-60 but whatever. When flying and driving it will fluctuate between 40 and 60 with occasional drops to high 30s. It's most noticeable when driving and specifically when doing the fast grapple thing when flying. If I do that adaptive half refresh rate vsync thing with the forced frame rate disabled, it will hit a solid 30 and never dip down. Strangely enough, with the original forced 30 frame rate it will actually jump between like 25-30.

It's not great, but I played worse ports. I played to 100% completion (minus AR challenges), so I'm not that picky/part of the problem/really the this series. I'm glad it ran as well as it does for me, because it seems like people with better setups get worse performance, or they're more vocal about it anyway.

This port is definitely terrible, but playable. I played all the way through the Ace Chemicals portion and about 90% of the time I maintained 30fps. The worst of it was transitioning from gameplay to in engine cut scenes. Those would hit low to sub 20fps, but this lasted like 2-3 secs tops. After that I would get into in game "cut scenes" where I was talking on my wrist communicator and would get mid 20fps if I rotated the camera to much. I also got frame rate drops while gliding and driving. It was very jarring. I would have flawless gameplay then all of a sudden drop frames to 20 or below.

Also textures seemed to refuse to load sometimes. In ACE chemicals the Gel Explosive walls and junction box/pipe textures were straight out of N64.
gRZESeY.jpg

I'm playing on an i5 2400/7870XT and using my SSD.

Backlogger

Everything has been working great for me, except for the obvious 30 fps cap of course. I don't get any noticeable dips in FPS even in transitions it seems to stay at 30. I am not always watching my counter, but I haven't felt like I needed to.

I've been looking out for the texture load in issue but so far have not experienced it.

Outside of the 30 FPS cap this game seems to run fine for me.

i5 3570k OCed to 4.1 GHz
R9 290
1440p

My screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/id/backlo...westfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Edit: Lol, literally minutes after posting this I had a momentary drop in FPS during a finishing move. Dropped down to 15 FPS with a really bad stutter. This is the first time its happened though.

Everything has been working great for me, except for the obvious 30 fps cap of course. I don't get any noticeable dips in FPS even in transitions it seems to stay at 30. I am not always watching my counter, but I haven't felt like I needed to.

I've been looking out for the texture load in issue but so far have not experienced it.

Outside of the 30 FPS cap this game seems to run fine for me.

i5 3570k OCed to 4.1 GHz
R9 290
1440p

My screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/id/backlo...westfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Edit: Lol, literally minutes after posting this I had a momentary drop in FPS during a finishing move. Dropped down to 15 FPS with a really bad stutter. This is the first time its happened though.

This confuses me. Granted your i5 and GPU are more powerful than mine, but I never hit 100% usage on either not even close. I have noticed that the frame rate drops for the most part come from texture loading. So maybe my issue is the 2GBs of VRAM, but I never go over 1.8 GBs in Afterburner.

Naedtrax

Banned
I just hate how blurry it is and the stuttering. Get rid of them and i'll play it.

Then again, whilst waiting for the patch i have 100% arkham city and on my way through Origins.

I don't get all the hate towards Origins, it's fricken FANTASTIC!!

I just hate how blurry it is and the stuttering. Get rid of them and i'll play it.

Then again, whilst waiting for the patch i have 100% arkham city and on my way through Origins.

I don't get all the hate towards Origins, it's fricken FANTASTIC!!

I love Origins. Asylum beats it out barely for me. Mainly because it's the first.

Works for me. Make sure the key you're binding is not bound to something else, use Ctrl+F and search for the key. So for example if you find F8 more than once you need to change all of those F8's that isn't your toggle to some other key.

I tried changing them, but when it works (i.e. timestop functions) it causes various inputs to become completely inoperable.

What's the text for your entire BmInput.ini file?

Buburibon

Basically. There was a patch that added in the missing console effects but nothing since.

It added SSAO, which is great, but the rain/water effects are still buggy/incomplete. Hopefully the next patch will bring the PC version up to par with the consoles in addition to improving performance.

Qassim

As I refunded it, I'm basically treating it as a new release when it comes out. I'm still relatively excited to play it, but not enough to go buy the PS4/XBO version, so I'll wait and see how good the PC version turns out.

Buburibon

Not that I've noticed.
There is also this comparison which shows rain effects of the same quality as consoles.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/06/29/batman-arkham-knight-face-off-pc-vs-ps4/156622/

Yes, the effects are definitely there in all their glory whenever I choose to start a new game. However, continuing a previously saved game results in lesser/weaker effects for some unknown reason. IIRC, I'm not the only one in this thread who's noticed the aforesaid pattern. In any case, I've personally not played through the game yet for that very reason.

Kezen

Banned
Yes, the effects are definitely there in all their glory whenever I choose to start a new game. However, continuing a previously saved game results in lesser/weaker effects for some unknown reason. IIRC, I'm not the only one in this thread who's noticed the aforesaid pattern. In any case, I've personally not played through the game yet for that very reason.

I had no such problem resuming from where I left on, the rain effects and AO were there and immediately noticeable. Nothing is missing from the console versions and the Gameworks stuff is there too.
Might be something on your end you'll have to figure out.

Buburibon

I had no such problem resuming from where I left on, the rain effects and AO were there and immediately noticeable. Nothing is missing from the console versions and the Gameworks stuff is there too.
Might be something on your end you'll have to figure out.

It happens on the 3 systems I own, unfortunately. It's encouraging to know, though, that some of us like yourself might not have the problem. As I mentioned, I'm not the only one to notice the issue. Many thanks to vivek86 for the following comparison:

On the Batmobile. It still shows on Batman. It shows on the Batmobile too, but not the extent as it would when you play the game uninterrupted from start.

Load from save:

batmanak2015-06-2718-ijstx.png

New game:

batmanak2015-06-2720-kcleo.png

Top Bottom