• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

burgerdog

I was able to beat this at a solid 30(should have been 60)fps with only a few crashes in about 30 hours of play time. Turning off the interactive smoke is what eliminated all the stutter for me. The game is also super smooth, well, as smooth as 30 can be anyway on w10 and with the w10 NVidia drivers. Which contradicts with what another poster said, but that's computers for you.

I decided to remove a bunch of effects I think looked stupid, like the lightning bolts above NPCs, and the explosion effects when you fight people.
So when you're fighting it looks a bit more realistic and not like a battle between wizards :p

Default game:
8g7Aam6.gif

With mod:
19756965593_b3e39a1a26_o.gif

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g6nvbnna38h6jkb/2.rar

Let me know if there are any problems, I haven't tested it that much.

I decided to remove a bunch of effects I think looked stupid, like the lightning bolts above NPCs, and the explosion effects when you fight people.
So when you're fighting it looks a bit more realistic and not like a battle between wizards :p

Default game:
8g7Aam6.gif

With mod:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3txa9d4vh625dsl/ArkhamKnightRemoveEffects.rar

Cool! The lightning bolts come in handy though, as they let you know when to counter... I do like that you eliminated the little explosion effect when you hit people though.

Corpekata

Banned
Cool! The lightning bolts come in handy though, as they let you know when to counter... I do like that you eliminated the little explosion effect when you hit people though.

They do but in other games there were harder difficulties that got rid of them, and you needed to rely on watching their animation to counter. A bit odd they took out that option.

Default game:
8g7Aam6.gif

With mod:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3txa9d4vh625dsl/ArkhamKnightRemoveEffects.rar

Nice, you think this will still work with the re-release or would you have to do it all over again?

Lightning bolts are important for the gameplay, to advertise next attacks.

Didn't need them in City, iirc there is a small slow motion effect right before the attacks. That's enough to know what's going on.

Nice, you think this will still work with the re-release or would you have to do it all over again?

I'm pretty sure it'll also work with the re-release, if not I'll have to do it again :p

Lightning bolts are important for the gameplay, to advertise next attacks.

I don't find them necessary, just look at what thug is attacking and counter. Makes it a bit more hardcore :)

But if you wanna keep them you can open d3dx.ini and delete these two:

[ShaderOverride1]
Hash=3f891f143508a481
Handling=skip

[ShaderOverride2]
Hash=9f702459949cea45
Handling=skip

Even if they did compensate people somehow, I bet that they would leave out NVidia people again...I mean, they purposefully went out of their way to make sure we didnt get that Harley Quinn dlc

Corpekata

Banned
Even if they did compensate people somehow, I bet that they would leave out NVidia people again...I mean, they purposefully went out of their way to make sure we didnt get that Harley Quinn dlc

That would take too much effort. If they do anything they'll just make you sign into a site via your Steam account (similar to how you redeem Nvidia keys these days). Going by obtainment method would be too much work for them.

xptoxyz

Wasn't that a function of the new game + or harder settings in the older games? I seem to remember that being the case where the counter tells were removed, etc.

Yup, and I think in Origins (not by Rocksteady ofc) and I think it was toggleable in some option regardless of difficulty.

I never had problems without the counter notifications in AA, and I don't recall it being a problem in AC, but in AK it led to a few frustrating moments, mostly due to the sword wielding enemies and the larger variety of unblockable attacks. Some of the sword wielders' attacks are counterable, some require a blade counter, and sometimes it's really difficult to tell which you need to do based on their animations alone. Also, is it just me, or are you unable to do a blade counter takedown on the sword wielders anymore? Never had a problem doing it in AC or AO, but I couldn't get it to work in this game.

Yup, and I think in Origins (not by Rocksteady ofc) and I think it was toggleable in some option regardless of difficulty.
Turning off "Hints" turns off the counter notifications in AO.

I never had problems without the counter notifications in AA, and I don't recall it being a problem in AC, but in AK it led to a few frustrating moments, mostly due to the sword wielding enemies and the larger variety of unblockable attacks. Some of the sword wielders' attacks are counterable, some require a blade counter, and sometimes it's really difficult to tell which you need to do based on their animations alone. Also, is it just me, or are you unable to do a blade counter takedown on the sword wielders anymore? Never had a problem doing it in AC or AO, but I couldn't get it to work in this game.

Turning off "Hints" turns off the counter notifications in AO.
You can still do blade takedowns with them but I feel like they lessened the window by a lot. It requires really precise timing now, whereas before you could be a lot more approximate.

Mechazawa

That would take too much effort. If they do anything they'll just make you sign into a site via your Steam account (similar to how you redeem Nvidia keys these days). Going by obtainment method would be too much work for them.

Didn't the Nvidia people get their own identifier so that we would get specifically marked off from the Harley Quinn stuff?

Sounds like it would actually be incredibly easy to recognize and omit Nvidia Batman codes to me.

meanspartan

I haven't followed this thread in a while, but noticed today Arkham Knight is still in my Steam library over a month after GMG gave me a refund.

Do we just get to keep it?

wowzors

I haven't followed this thread in a while, but noticed today Arkham Knight is still in my Steam library over a month after GMG gave me a refund.

Do we just get to keep it?

I had the exact opposite happen. They said they would refund me 2 months ago and said to wait a week. Looked last week and no refund had to re email them and they pushed it through immediately. My season pass was removed before my refund came into my account.

Just an intermediate patch this month, full fixed release is still far away.
Just a personal theory but I think the August patch is going to be very close to what they hope to re-launch with. I imagine they'll use it as a test bed with people who still own the game to see if it's improved things drastically and if it has, they'll re-launch shortly after. I don't think it's going to be another "interim" patch unless it doesn't do well when they finally push it out.

Mifec

Just a personal theory but I think the August patch is going to be very close to what they hope to re-launch with. I imagine they'll use it as a test bed with people who still own the game to see if it's improved things drastically and if it has, they'll re-launch shortly after. I don't think it's going to be another "interim" patch unless it doesn't do well when they finally push it out.

Yeah by far away I meant like a month after that patch or so, idk why I type what I did. I expect it by the end of september, although I feel like it will require I full redownload if they are really working as hard as they want us to believe.

Yeah by far away I meant like a month after that patch or so, idk why I type what I did. I expect it by the end of september, although I feel like it will require I full redownload if they are really working as hard as they want us to believe.
Yeah I think so too :p if it was simple ini stuff I feel like they would've patched it a lot quicker. I'm looking forward to what they finally come out with :)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fuck that noise, if by the time the proper updates roll around and the game is re-released and all the people that got a refund from GMG got to keep their games im getting mad and sending emails. Once again the customers who put faith in these companies to get shit done get screwed.

meanspartan

Same here. Just goes to highlight the level of disorganisation.

Same.

I guess its free!

I guess so. Same here.. Free game i guess.

You should contact GMG and make sure they don't forget to remove it.

I had the exact opposite happen. They said they would refund me 2 months ago and said to wait a week. Looked last week and no refund had to re email them and they pushed it through immediately. My season pass was removed before my refund came into my account.

I just noticed today that I still have it too. I got the refund 30 days ago!

So other than one person, everyone hasn't gotten it removed yet?

Maybe WB is just letting us keep it as some sort of way to earn back good will? But if that were the case they'd publicize the shit out of that. Either that or they are just super disorganized and we'll just have it removed 6 months down the line or something.

I got my refund and then played it on Ps4 instead, but if I do get to keep the PC version I'll sell my Ps4 copy and if I ever wanna play this again I'll play it on PC if its fixed.

As for the bolded, why do I need to make sure they remove it? Already got the refund. If they wanna let me keep it too, awesome.

meanspartan

Fuck that noise, if by the time the proper updates roll around and the game is re-released and all the people that got a refund from GMG got to keep their games im getting mad and sending emails. Once again the customers who put faith in these companies to get shit done get screwed.

Ya, you def shoulda just gotten a refund and re-purchased later if it got fixed lol. Sorry, that sucks.

Spoit

Maybe they're waiting for the patch to go through to do a single purge of refunded keys rather than sending batches in piecemeal?

senahorse

PSA, I just got this from Nuuvem:

We apologise for not responding you earlier, we are experiencing a huge suport demand because of this issue.

We checked the necessary info and it seems that you are eligible for a refund. Unfortunatelly, as it has already passed the allowed time to issue a refund through Paypal, we are going to provide a R$79,99 discount coupon that you can use on your next purchase:

It's not a refund, but the next best thing.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
guys, please stop doing this to me, every time i see this thread back on the front i think the patch has been released, don't play with my feelings :(

Top Bottom