• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This game is the perfect mix of character action and souls like.

I'm absolutely in love. The first 10 minutes easily outdid any God of War game in setpiece scale.

Move over compromised western devs, bring on the mainland Asian devs. This being Game Science's first game is an absolutely incredible achievement.

Foreal?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
kvc5BmF.jpeg

Givin me that itch for a brand new

46Jk7dC.png

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Traversal stutter here and there, otherwise works fine.
Combat is 99% smooth yeah.

Btw i didn't get any boss soul from the bonfire, do i have to reach a certain bonfire?
Thanks frens, ended up pulling the trigger.

Guess that's a +100 to my social credit score. Wahoo!

Captn

Protip for all you master racers, Use this to disable the sharpening - https://github.com/Lyall/UltrawidePatches/tree/main/Black Myth Wukong

It's an ultrawide fix, but in the ini it has the option to disable the sharpening, so if you just want to use that, then disable the aspectratio fix and enable the disable sharpening.

Game looks magnificent now, I've reshaded in CAS instead of the awful UE sharpening and its *chef's kiss*
Can you describe CAS for me please?

Is it one single reshade effect and if so which effect bundle is it part of so I can try it.

Thnx

Dibils2k

i am interested in this but wanted to make sure PS5 version wasnt broken, anyone with the game on PS5 wanna let me know ofntheir experience?

is there picture mode options? (quality v performance)

Last edited:

tommib

Cool to see a new release thread be longer here than the one at the asylum 😂
What do you mean?

Braag

Progress the story a little bit, don't worry I felt the same exact way. You're good, just need to meet the NPC to help you with that. No need to fight it again or anything.
Yeah, it all got sorted. Seems the devs knew some people might kill that boss early.

I got to stop reading this thread, It's only making me want to buy it. I hate this type of game, I went through this with Elden Ring, Don't want to suffer. I'll buy the game and play it for a few hours get frustrated and quit.
This isn't anywhere near as hard as any souls game.

Last edited:

Braag

I suffered my way to completing Elden Ring, you saying it's possible I can finish this?
I'm just a little bit into chapter 2 so far and only 1 boss made me have to retry it a couple of times. Rest I killed on 1st try and I usually struggle with souls games.
There was a secret boss that was challenging at first so I returned to it later and it was much easier then. So your gear and skills have an actual noticeable effect.

Best part is that checkpoint is right next to the boss so no need to run gauntlets to get to bosses.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
I suffered my way to completing Elden Ring, you saying it's possible I can finish this?
I think you should be fine, I bounced off of Elden Ring as I don't want to force that sort of difficulty right now, but this has been a different beast overall. Soulslike elements but feels much more an action adventure game.

Overall its been a damn fine game from what I've played but its still early for me lol. Looks nice on PS5 to me and I like the story so far.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Wait a moment, can you get in secret places with the cicada form or it's just to explore without fighting?

Because i immediately turned into monke when shorty turned me into an insect so i didn't explored in that mode.

Is the performance ok on PS5? Was super skeptical of how only PC was reviewed. Was also gonna torn on this game but the overall reception seems good so might give it a try. Just don't want a busted gane

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Just started, and it’s literally fucking Monkey Souls 🤣

Awesome though. Monkey was a huge part of my childhood, so I’m loving it.

Crap. I'm going to have to buy this and run it on my potato 5700. Looks too good.

Any cheap keys anywhere?

Zathalus

Imagine playing this game so seeped in Chinese culture in English.

Also, the Wandering Wight is basically the Tree Sentinel of this game. You can face it early on, but you’re very likely to get wrecked. I almost had it, but it caught me with that wind blast attack and one-shotted me again.
The subtitles are way to small on my TV to read properly. The white also gets lost easy in some of the environments.

Top Bottom