• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

Antwix

Is this game Steam exclusive? I usually like to buy on GMG for a discount, but don't see it anywhere else.

Not sure why GMG doesn't have it. Fanatical did but apparently it's sold out. It's available from keyshops like cdkeys if you wanna go that route though.

Larogue

The fact that it's linear is totally fine and makes me want to play it more. Not everything, like every other game nowadays needs to be open-world. I don't even understand why dock points of it being linear.
Yea I'm tired of open-world games, it's lazy game design.

SuperDad

Neo Member

Not sure why GMG doesn't have it. Fanatical did but apparently it's sold out. It's available from keyshops like cdkeys if you wanna go that route though.
Strange, ok well Fanatical is my second stop. Hopefully the OOS issue is temporary. I usually don't buy full price day one games, but I'm caught up in the hype.

Needlecrash

Played about an hour so far. I am fucking LOVING IT. On PC, game seems to be very much optimized. Also, new Nvidia drivers are out today folks. The fact that this is Game Science's FIRST GAME and it's hitting crazy ass records not even a full 24 hours post launch is INCREDIBLE. Seems like all of that outrage didn't amount to jack shit LMAO.

MORE GAMES LIKE THIS PLEASE.

Last edited:

Resenge

To pirate?

Oh man the pressure must’ve been INTENSE 😂

sf2gklR.png

That might be a little difficult atm.

keefged4

Protip for all you master racers, Use this to disable the sharpening - https://github.com/Lyall/UltrawidePatches/tree/main/Black Myth Wukong

It's an ultrawide fix, but in the ini it has the option to disable the sharpening, so if you just want to use that, then disable the aspectratio fix and enable the disable sharpening.

Game looks magnificent now, I've reshaded in CAS instead of the awful UE sharpening and its *chef's kiss*

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So tempted to get this. Might still wait a bit since I have some games I want to beat first, but I'm happy to read such good initial impressions.

Initially it lets you turn into stone for a block/parry if you time it right.
Thought that was a tanooki thing lol.

tanooki-x-2.jpg

SuperDad

Neo Member
Just trying to decide if I want PS5 or PC.
PS5 gives me couch gaming + LG OLED but potentially worse performance)

Luipadre

Gold Member
One thing that the game doesnt support HDR at all, but it has awful black levels in SDR too. Thats a first...

Hugare

Over 2m on Steam is fucking crazy
The power of China

First AAA game from them, marketed like crazy in their territory, about China's most famous legend

It was pretty obvious that the game would be huge regardless of its quality

Protip for all you master racers, Use this to disable the sharpening - https://github.com/Lyall/UltrawidePatches/tree/main/Black Myth Wukong

It's an ultrawide fix, but in the ini it has the option to disable the sharpening, so if you just want to use that, then disable the aspectratio fix and enable the disable sharpening.

Game looks magnificent now, I've reshaded in CAS instead of the awful UE sharpening and its *chef's kiss*
I'll probably wait for just a sharpening fix.

So does this run at least native 1440p @ 60fps on PS5 or what? I need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no. so far, quality mode/"weak" motion blur seems to be the best for my liking. balanced just looks slightly better than performance. both are low res/blurry imo. getting closer and closer each release to going back to PC gaming.... :'( DRIVERS!! UPDATES!! WEIRD BLUE SCREENS!! fml

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I’m on quality mode and loving the fuck out of it. Haven’t adjusted the motion blur at all. Just because it doesn’t work for one person doesn’t mean that’s what its like across the board for all players.

• Love
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom