• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

Zathalus

Ok so that means framerates aren't rock solid?

Easy decision in that case, PC version it is.
Personally, I have noticed no stutter issues related to shader compilation. The only stutters you get are traversal stutters, as DF pointed out, but they are far more tolerable than shader ones. The thing that tips the edge is the complete lack of HDR support, while PC gives you RTX HDR which works quite well. Then you have all the RT options on PC as well, which can look quite a bit better compared to the base Lumen.

Reactions: GHG

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Ok so that means framerates aren't rock solid?

Easy decision in that case, PC version it is.
As Zathalus Zathalus said, the only issue is the mild traversal stutters. You almost never get them in combat, but the dropped frames are quite annoying and distracting when you're just strolling and you get random frame time spikes.

I can recommend the game, however, it's not so bad that it ruins the experience. It's just irritating, but we've dealt with worse.

tommib

As Zathalus Zathalus said, the only issue is the mild traversal stutters. You almost never get them in combat, but the dropped frames are quite annoying and distracting when you're just strolling and you get random frame time spikes.

I can recommend the game, however, it's not so bad that it ruins the experience. It's just irritating, but we've dealt with worse.
I’m not sure which platform you’re on but compared to Jedi Survivor this is super stable on PS5. It’s night and day.

The beginning /introduction of this game is unreal. Started playing last night and only stopped at 2 am. Gameplay feels great. It's hard but not insane like the souls games.

Graphics definitely had a downgrade but still look very good. There's something wrong with the resolution /shimmering though.

Braag

So I just killed the wandering wight and it dropped some purple stuff which the game said I can't pick up yet. I rested and it was gone. Did I fuck up?

Draugoth

Gold Member
You know what? After finishing Elden Ring a week ago I'm all in with linear gameplay. (there are also a lot of hidden bosses apparently so don't judge too fast)

Sekiro hided it by having verticality, walls and the fatc that you could. Wukogn map design is just very outdated.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Chinense dub is obviously better

Imagine playing this game so seeped in Chinese culture in English.

Also, the Wandering Wight is basically the Tree Sentinel of this game. You can face it early on, but you’re very likely to get wrecked. I almost had it, but it caught me with that wind blast attack and one-shotted me again.

OverHeat

« generous god »
optimize settings
Ql7IMhF.png

GymWolf

Gold Member
The nvida drivers are out but the game run so good on my end that i'm scared of installing them tbh, nvidia is not new with fucking up perf with dedicated drivers :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The traversal stutter is one of the lightest i ever had, and not every 3 sec like other games.

P.s. the game is hardly linear, after the first chapter it opens up A LOT if early impressions are anything to go by.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
rtx on medium is too much of a performance hit, it's the difference between playing at 110-120 frames against 60-70 and in half the scenes you can't even tell the difference, the game looks nextgen even with rtx off and everything else on max or very high, don't fuck with me 🕺

I'm gonna try low rtx to see if the impact is still this big...

Blindy

So I just killed the wandering wight and it dropped some purple stuff which the game said I can't pick up yet. I rested and it was gone. Did I fuck up?
Progress the story a little bit, don't worry I felt the same exact way. You're good, just need to meet the NPC to help you with that. No need to fight it again or anything.

JoduanER2

The nvida drivers are out but the game run so good on my end that i'm scared of installing them tbh, nvidia is not new with fucking up perf with dedicated drivers :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The traversal stutter is one of the lightest i ever had, and not every 3 sec like other games.

P.s. the game is hardly linear, after the first chapter it opens up A LOT if early impressions are anything to go by.
Well you should install them, for me (4070 super) it improved the perfomance of the game (less stutters and it increased the fps)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
That’s a lie. I had killed himand the frog, but both you get from the shrine rest points. Any lost ones you can collect. I got 3 from it.

As for the game I’m absolutely loving every stich of it.

Only complaints:
-Performance on a 3080 is shit. This game is a 4090 only club.
-I love the linear approach with wider areas to explore, but the invisible walls could’ve been handled better via level design.

So far a 9/10, headed to my GOTY but plenty of good stuff left to come. Like Concord! 😂

OverHeat

« generous god »
That’s a lie. I had killed himand the frog, but both you get from the shrine rest points. Any lost ones you can collect. I got 3 from it.

As for the game I’m absolutely loving every stich of it.

Only complaints:
-Performance on a 3080 is shit. This game is a 4090 only club.
-I love the linear approach with wider areas to explore, but the invisible walls could’ve been handled better via level design.

So far a 9/10, headed to my GOTY but plenty of good stuff left to come. Like Concord! 😂
Even with a 4090 it’s rough in certain point

ikbalCO

Hey everyone,

My q might be answered in previous pages but there is a 3 day weekend coming next week in Turkey and im planing on playing through this for that free time so How is the performance/fidelity for ps5? Which mode would you recomend to play on a 65 inc Oled. Is perfomance mode to fuzzy or blurry like Alan Wake 2 was?

Waiting for your responses to complete my purchase.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What are the defensive options in the game so far? I kept hearing conflicting info on blocking. Just curious.
Initially it lets you turn into stone for a block/parry if you time it right.

But then you lose all the powers and are dodging primarily. First ability I got is I can stand on my pole for a charge heavy which can avoid certain attacks, time it right for a counter bop.

I also just got a clone and I turn invisible to then strike them while they hit the clone.

Otherwise time your dodges.

Top Bottom