• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Hubb

My guess is that we need to get the soul shield from Bloodshade Harbor to defeat Junghado, because there's no feasible way to take him on with the gear we have currently. The fact that he resists everything once he reaches his enrage timer is garbage too.

Are the SHs from Bloodshade Harbor better than the ones from the tower?

Okay a few things after the new update:

- Why did nobody tell me my skill tree will be reset? D: I didn't remember what I skilled in my "custom" one and now had to go through everything again :(

- How long will the valentines stuff be available in the shop?

- If I can't even beat the first enemy in the first floor of Mushin's Tower I'm quite bad as KFM right? My only problem is that I eat a ton of damage...

- How do I unlock the Hongmoon Secret Techniques? If I right-click one it opens the default achievement window with nothing selected :/

ShinMaruku

My guess is that we need to get the soul shield from Bloodshade Harbor to defeat Junghado, because there's no feasible way to take him on with the gear we have currently. The fact that he resists everything once he reaches his enrage timer is garbage too.

Not supposed to normally beat him this early have to build up kit. Get your hongmoon skills and the SS and you should be able to kill him in about 6 mins. (For KFM and it's about the average for all but the 3 bullshit classes)

Quicknock

Banned
You SHOULD be able to beat Junghado with a True Profane weapon + Infernal accessories + Poh soul shield set. It'll be close, and maybe depends also on your latency, but you can do it. SS is far less important than your weapon (and your ring since it's a significant proportion of your crit). Make sure you also have a decent crit bracelet as well.

BSH SS set is nice to have, but hardly necessary.

Vex_

Banned
So I am assuming there is a translation error still in the skills ui?

A lot of my moves changed from disabled evasive/recovery skills to "blocks approach"? Thing is, a lot of the ones that say that dont make any sense given the context of the skill?

...or is that a part of some destroyer nerf? My skills no longer shutdown recovery/evade skills?

Wonder when they will add the first Hongmoon skill for KFM's LMB.

I'm going to start Mushin's Tower soon.

Are there any fires in here so I can repair my weapon after each floor?

Quicknock

Banned
I'm enjoying seeing all the people getting stonewalled by Junghado. Guy does not mess around.

Of course, a bunch of folks are also having trouble with the previous floors. I'm just sitting here smugly with my easy clears and easy life. One of the great benefits of playing the game overseas beforehand.

So I am assuming there is a translation error still in the skills ui?

A lot of my moves changed from disabled evasive/recovery skills to "blocks approach"? Thing is, a lot of the ones that say that dont make any sense given the context of the skill?

...or is that a part of some destroyer nerf? My skills no longer shutdown recovery/evade skills?
If there's a duration on it, it just means they can't use charge skills over that duration. (That wording shouldn't be present on any skills without a duration).

Are there any fires in here so I can repair my weapon after each floor?
Nope! So either repair your weapon beforehand or bring field repair hammers.

I'm enjoying seeing all the people getting stonewalled by Junghado. Guy does not mess around.

Of course, a bunch of folks are also having trouble with the previous floors. I'm just sitting here smugly with my easy clears and easy life. One of the great benefits of playing the game overseas beforehand.

If there's a duration on it, it just means they can't use charge skills over that duration. (That wording shouldn't be present on any skills without a duration).

Nope! So either repair your weapon beforehand or bring field repair hammers.

Where do you get the field repair ones?

They're crafted, but expensive as shit, uses a bunch of high cost materials.

Gave the tower a go on my KFM, but was getting wrecked by Junghado pretty hard. Enraged with like 25% left on my best try. A lot of his attacks felt pretty bullshit, but I need to spec differently I guess. Did it on my summoner after a couple of fails, he seems to ignore the taunting cat quite a lot, but the combination of 8secs root, 4secs knockdown into 4secs grapple, emergency daze and tons of self healing made it really easy when I stopped trying to get the cat to tank at all costs. Haven't tried on BM and going to bed, guess tomorrow.

Gonna have to cut down on what I do everyday though, there's way too much content to do on 3chars now.

Quicknock

Banned
Field repair tools are actually not that expensive, though they might be getting more expensive since demand inevitably shot up with the release of Mushin Tower.

Gonna have to cut down on what I do everyday though, there's way too much content to do on 3chars now.
Yeah, but on the other hand, you have a minimum of 2 months to gear up before the 50 patch hits. Might be able to spread it out a bit.

Sölf

Mushin's Tower is awesome, but holy fuck I can't beat floor 7. I am missing gear and I am to bad. The best I had was ~37% but I also only had 45 seconds until enrage. God, I am bad. D:

Vex_

Banned
what about moves like galeforce? Are they still not available until a future patch? I see it says it needs an achievement called "cleave mastery"? But I cannot find that in game?

Ugh, this is getting annoying with the unexplained shit.

NeOak

shit the valentines stuff is out gotta buy ncoincs AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Npd60ug.jpg

Yeah it looks really nice, on the other hand I expect so many people running around with it that I don't feel like buying it. I guess it'll have value later down the road.

Welcome to last week, when you could mod the costume without paying a dime for it

Quicknock

Banned
what about moves like galeforce? Are they still not available until a future patch? I see it says it needs an achievement called "cleave mastery"? But I cannot find that in game?

Ugh, this is getting annoying with the unexplained shit.
Only one HM skill is available with this patch, and it drops from Bloodshade Harbor.

180-250 ping? I doubt it.
Jaesung hit diamond playing a destroyer with that latency, though he was using WTFast which mitigates it somewhat.

Quicknock

Banned
ElAjp7D.jpg

That was too easy. But to be expected, given that I already know all his mechanics and beat him with TX -> JP latency in the past. Still a fun fight either way.

Looking at these zen bean rewards makes me want to do pvp now. Unfortunately I'm a force master

Did the first 4 floors of the Tower but I think I'm gonna head out to Nightshade Harbor and try that out

Person

Looking at these zen bean rewards makes me want to do pvp now. Unfortunately I'm a force master

Did the first 4 floors of the Tower but I think I'm gonna head out to Nightshade Harbor and try that out

I didn't want to touch PvP with a 10 foot pole

what kind of rewards?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
They should fix the dummy in the training room where when their health depletes they don't fade away. How am I supposed to practice against Jung if I have to talk to an npc every 3 sec to respawn another dummy? :/

Edit: Welp, throwing on the training weapon you get at the start of the game helps a bit. They still die though. :/

Jaesung hit diamond playing a destroyer with that latency, though he was using WTFast which mitigates it somewhat.

Are we pretending Jaesung is human? I saw his stream when he was doing that, he was just wrecking people with 200 ms ping but you know, it's Jaesung. Humans couldn't do it.

Damn I wrecked Junghado on my BM, like super easy fight on her. Had a ton more trouble with KFM. The fact you can just lolblock all his high damaging stuff without any proper timing and then combo him really hard with blade call > cc > air combo makes it pretty simple. I guess KFM would be simple if I bothered PvPing and learned how to rising > tremor > pressure point 3RF spam him, could probably drop him like 20% every combo and just wait out the cooldowns playing passive the rest of the time.

Forgot to take the quests though :(

docbon

black dragon sword
black dragon sword
black dragon sword
black dragon sword

What an asshole, and it wasn't even enrage! Killed him on the next attempt though.

Top Bottom