• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kyolux

That PVP video got me hyped for the PVP.

I'll be joining the guild too once the 19th comes around.

Believe gets my vote.

I'm thinking of using my Wii U pro controller (as a xbox 360 controller). How's gameplay on a gamepad? I've seen it asked, no answers so far though.

Hubb

Doesn't it not start till the 15th?
Is the Initiate Pack worth it? or no?

Headstart is the 15th, but people with tier 1 and 2 founder packs can log in to save a name. The Initiate Pack at this point only really gives you a 3 day headstart and some titles. Up to you whether or not the money is worth the headstart.

I'm thinking of using my Wii U pro controller (as a xbox 360 controller). How's gameplay on a gamepad? I've seen it asked, no answers so far though.

99% sure controller got added in to our client so I'm not sure how many people have experience using one yet. I don't use one, and I didn't try, so I have no idea if you were even able to during CBT.

i'd prefer gas all foxgirls tbh.

pretty sure this game would be infinitely better without them.

Agreed, we need foxwomen. Come on NCsoft/Bloodlust throw me a bone.

Gattsu25

Banned
Are you using the CBT client? If so, you need to download the retail client.
Uninstalled the CBT client and am using the retail client.

Doesn't it not start till the 15th?

Also:

Is the Initiate Pack worth it? or no?
Hmm, OTs should only go up on the day of release, though :\

Couldn't find a release date in the OP + OT policy is day of so assumed it was live.

Regarding the initiate pack I'm not the best to ask, despite having it. 3 day head start is a plus I guess.

The initiate pack made more sense when the betas were live.

docbon

Handling the UI felt weird with a controller, but I might try it again when I start playing on the 19th.

FFXIV spoiled me with their controller support.

Kalentan

Regarding the initiate pack I'm not the best to ask, despite having it. 3 day head start is a plus I guess.

Headstart is the 15th, but people with tier 1 and 2 founder packs can log in to save a name. The Initiate Pack at this point only really gives you a 3 day headstart and some titles. Up to you whether or not the money is worth the headstart.

Whats the currency? The 20,800 Premium points? Is that good? Cause while I would love to buy this as soon as possible, since I love the setting, I mainly want to figure out if I get any benefits from that currency. If not, then I think I may just wait.

Sorian

Banned

Hmm, OTs should only go up on the day of release, though :\

Couldn't find a release date in the OP + OT policy is day of so assumed it was live.

It went up early because people could log in on the 11th to reserve a name and create characters if they bought specific pre-order packs. The thread was meant to get the information out on which server we would be on.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I was told by non-Gaffers that joined the TERA PvE guild that they liked the name and the ones that knew about GAF felt right at home anyway.

Thing is, Gaffers are notorious for playing a game for a while and moving on. The GAF churning rate was several times the non-Gaffers rate. It actually increased when TERA went F2P.

So, my 2 cents as GM of a guild that had 50 people online at one time in a F2P game with BRs: Use the name. It is already known in TERA to the people I know are going to play, plus it has gotten exposition from an official TERA stream I participated in.

Making the guild "GAF" exclusive, as it would feel like by using any of the bad suggestions so far, can end up killing it.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Hubb

Whats the currency? The 20,800 Premium points? Is that good? Cause while I would love to buy this as soon as possible, since I love the setting, I mainly want to figure out if I get any benefits from that currency. If not, then I think I may just wait.

Buy stuff in the NCstore to get points > Get points to get higher premium tiers > Higher tiers get extra bonuses from VIP status (monthly subscription). It is just a passive thing you get, you can't do anything with it. I assume it is their as a "thanks for spending money", but I'm sure it is also there to get people to spend more money then they'd normally to get a higher tier.

Since you'd spend 25 dollars on their store, they give you the premium points along with w/e is in the pack.

SDBurton

Buy stuff in the NCstore to get points > Get points to get higher premium tiers > Higher tiers get extra bonuses from VIP status (monthly subscription). It is just a passive thing you get, you can't do anything with it. I assume it is their as a "thanks for spending money", but I'm sure it is also there to get people to spend more money then they'd normally to get a higher tier.

Since you'd spend 25 dollars on their store, they give you the premium points along with w/e is in the pack.

Exactly. Think of it as exp. Once you reach a certain threshold, you'll get better passive bonuses.

So can I still buy a Founder's pack tomorrow and still play Friday or will it be too late tomorrow? I ask cause I don't get paid until tomorrow.

brennok

Neo Member
Well against my better judgment I picked up the disciple pack so it looks like I will be joining you come launch.

Hubb

So you only get the benefits of your tier if you sub? So in other words, there's no real reason to get the Initiate pack unless you really want to play early or plan on subbing.

Pretty much. It really boils down to how important headstart is to you.

SDBurton

So you only get the benefits of your tier if you sub? So in other words, there's no real reason to get the Initiate pack unless you really want to play early or plan on subbing.

Correct. But on the flip when you're not subbed you still accumulate points when you make purchases from the Premium Store, meaning you'll still increase your rank regardless if your subbed or not. They just won't be active until you are.

Vex_

Banned
That PVP video got me hyped for the PVP.

I'll be joining the guild too once the 19th comes around.

Believe gets my vote.

Me, and I believe.... one other play on pad.

I will say this: no one at my level has beaten me in my time with cbt. You were either several levels higher, or you got the scoop on me when I just logged on/looking through menus.

I've never been beaten in pvp otherwise. Basically pad should be fine, but on paper just expect to be outplayed by m/kb users at some point if you're planning on being serious for pvp.

Foe PvE, the ai is freemium to me. Game should be called "Free and Soul." Fun as heck launching and ground/pounding.

Ranmo

Cannot wait. Just got done making my character. Didn't take me as long as I thought. Though 40 minutes isn't exactly short either...had to make sure it was right!

WOOO
Can't wait for this. Still wondering what class I should play, as I played Kung Fu Master and Summoner in the beta. Maybe I'll go Assassin this time...

Will there be any way to buy a character slot without a sub in the future?

Pretty sure you will be able to buy character slots separately, but I could be wrong.

NCsoft On Controversy of Blade & Soul Employee's Taking of Popular In-Game Names
Shady people sell popular names. To me, that’s more unfair than losing out on the lottery for the name that you want, because someone has come in and reserved a name specifically so that they can earn money on it. You want a definition of pay to win? THAT is it right there – a person paying $400 just to have Naruto and bypassing the lottery system. We have, in the past, reserved popular names in order to prevent this sort of shady stuff from happening. I can’t speak for Youmukon right now, since I’m on the road, but it’s highly possible that this is a scenario that is occurring and that the names will be released later on in a more fair manner that prevents this sort of account/name selling. This is not uncommon; its just unfortunate that we have the character lookup so you can see a lot of the inner workings of the game being prepared for launch.
Huh, butthurt over Naruto name, of all names?
It's kinda old news, but somehow I missed it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish FFXIV locked/reserved all permutations of naruto, sasuke, kirito, cloud, sephiroth and saber.

EDIT: I just noticed it's all guys (or guy names) doing this.

Kalentan

Correct. But on the flip when you're not subbed you still accumulate points when you make purchases from the Premium Store, meaning you'll still increase your rank regardless if your subbed or not. They just won't be active until you are.

Pretty much. It really boils down to how important headstart is to you.

Hm... I guess I shall just wait till the 19th. I'll play Dark Arisen this friday and then play Blade and Soul/Darkest Dungeon tuesday. Should be fun!

I did play the beta for this but not for too long. Not a big fan of betas sometimes as I fear they would burn me out before the game releases.

I do wonder... How much of the UI can you customize? It was a bit too cluttered for my liking.

Hubb

I wish FFXIV locked/reserved all permutations of naruto, sasuke, kirito, cloud, sephiroth and saber.

EDIT: I just noticed it's all guys (or guy names) doing this.

I'm a guy, took a name from the Fate universe, I'm ashamed of my deeds.

To the greater point of the GMs taking names (which I don't care about) their response doesn't make much sense. They left a lot of popular names on the table, even popular anime (take the Saber example, that is all they took from Fate and it seems a GM on Twitter said they took it because they wanted the name and not because of the PR response), music, books, games, and pop culture names. And what is more fair, having an "equal" shot at grabbing a name before a name reseller does, or never getting a shot at all. They both sound fair, but one of those options costs upwards of $75 or more, and the other doesn't cost anything.

So no one likes seeing a Naruto running around, well I can't talk because I also use some names taken from books/games/what have you. It still sucks for that person if they spent a lot of money in hopes of grabbing that name only to realize there was never a chance at getting it without NC saying anything until after it happened.

Fmal

Banned
I was already probably going to play this game, but the GMs swindling a bunch of nerds out of anime names seals the deal for me. Just wish the Summoner class wasn't locked behind the tiny person race :(

yaffi

It went up early because people could log in on the 11th to reserve a name and create characters if they bought specific pre-order packs. The thread was meant to get the information out on which server we would be on.

As per usual and judging by some of the posts in here basically no one bothers reading the first post though.

And that's quite sad since it's really well done.

Just bought the disciple pack. Guess I'll be playing tomorrow when I get of work.

edit: No borderless windowed function in this game?

Kudo

I mean let's be real here. Lyn are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQyjko-s8-8

lJ1ZCWk.gif

My man.

Also, I've asked this before but any other people from EU or everyone here NA?

Top Bottom