• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloverfield Hype & Movie Thread *Spoilers Ahoy!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

oh dude

in less than a month we know everything. i'm still pretty excited. I hope the german release won't be far away from the american release.

EDIT:

DAAAAMN, the radio part is awesome >_<

Blablurn said:
oh dude

in less than a month we know everything. i'm still pretty excited. I hope the german release won't be far away from the american release.

EDIT:

DAAAAMN, the radio part is awesome >_<
You get it 2 weeks later on the 31st.

GrayFoxPL said:
I heard it like: "I saw it. It's GAF. OMGLolz!"

I could be hearing things thou.

Could be that this monster is a tie in to September 11 in similar way Godzilla is tied to Hiroshima, Nagasaki bombings and WW2?

The best monster movie is still: 'Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack'.

Everyone should see it.

Giant Osama confirmed?

Blablurn

Buttonbasher said:
You get it 2 weeks later on the 31st.

oh, didn't know that! thank you for the information. i guess it's okay. but i fear i must stay away from this thread during this two weeks :/

So you guys disagree with him that JJ Abrams makes his work seem more important than it actually is? Come on; you can still tune in to Lost to find out who's not really dead this time, but you have to admit that his stuff has an air of melodrama and false significance.

Pimpwerx

I get a mix of Signs and Blair Witch Project from the teaser. I liked it more when it was just the Statue of Liberty's head landing in the street. Now that I see what appears to be all home video footage, I figure it must all be POV shit from the perspective of whomever has the camera at the time. Lots of running, lots of shakey-cam and ultimately missing out on all the good shit from the "invasion". Much like sitting in that shitty basement for the entirety of Signs, I think something big will happen that we won't get to see. Hype implosion. :( PEACE.

FF_VIII

Banned
Think it's pretty clear that the monster is
sin
;

sin.jpg

Bit-Bit

FF_VIII said:
Think it's pretty clear that the monster is
sin
;

sin.jpg

OMG!!! That makes perfect sense. We are relying on our Machinas too much and now Sin is here to control the population and unite us as a specie....

Captain N

Any chance we'll all go see this movie on the 18th and we'll end up coming back on GAF and getting all made because they don't show the monster at all in the film?

Tr4nce

Captain N said:
Any chance we'll all go see this movie on the 18th and we'll end up coming back on GAF and getting all made because they don't show the monster at all in the film?

No, in a recent interview Abrams stated that 'we will get to see enough of the monster', or something like that.

I have no linkie available at this time.

I would love to see this, but I just think about when I nearly threw up watching Blair Witch in Theaters, then I got motion sick (see what I did there?)

I almost never get motion sick but I'm fairly certain this will do it : (

Captain N said:

Jesus Christ did you ignore page 5?

Matt Reeves said:
The other thing I think is very exciting is this monster is huge and you see everything. You see it in a way that is if you're shooting it with a Handicam. If you're hiding under a car, you see it that way, and there are other moments - I can guarantee you - you are seeing this monster in a huge way.

If there's a monster moment - you might not have this grand shot of him, you might get it after the fact because you want to have realistic action. But you will absolutely see everything - and you will see the monster in very intimate detail. You will get a very close look. People who have seen the trailer might think we are using this style to avoid seeing the monster, but that is definitely not what we're doing. We're using it to build dread and anticipation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TemplaerDude said:
holy shit please tell me you didn't just judge the movie and it's main attraction on a 1 second .gif. please tell me you're not that stupid. please.
:lol :lol :lol

ThoseThings.gif

These things? Multiple Monsters confirmed? I've always thought that there will be smaller monsters as well as the big daddy.

cloverfield-movie-jjabrams-2.jpg

^Note similar slash marks as are on the SOL in the poster

Also supported by the Commercial stating "We have a bite!" I doubt something Huge would bend down and take a little nibble off of someone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYKaKbEhTRU

Just a thought.

I want to see the monster, but not if the monster is going to be like the monster in the second half of Stephen King's It. I was scared to crap during the first half of the movie, wondering what the monster would look like, then when I saw it, it was a
lolspider
. anticlimatic indeed.

nakedsushi said:
I want to see the monster, but not if the monster is going to be like the monster in the second half of Stephen King's It. I was scared to crap during the first half of the movie, wondering what the monster would look like, then when I saw it, it was a
lolspider
. anticlimatic indeed.
The way the interviews make it sound like is that you'll see brief glimpses of the monster in the first while of the movie, but you will eventually see it all in its full glory. I too hope it doesn't jump the shark, but it sounds awesome from the roar.

Just Believe®

Mason

Buttonbasher said:
ThoseThings.gif

These things? Multiple Monsters confirmed? I've always thought that there will be smaller monsters as well as the big daddy.

cloverfield-movie-jjabrams-2.jpg

^Note similar slash marks as are on the SOL in the poster

Also supported by the Commercial stating "We have a bite!" I doubt something Huge would bend down and take a little nibble off of someone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYKaKbEhTRU

Just a thought.

I thought 'multiple monsters' was confirmed a while back. I think a commercial I saw the other day on TV even showed a silhouette of the smaller monsters behind a plastic sheet hanging from a ceiling.

I'm not expecting a lot out of this film. It's going to be another War of the Worlds except with shaky cam throughout. Expect a lot of people running around screaming with zero character development. Expect an obvious lack of story. It's just going to be a bunch of people running around while screaming at the top of their lungs while shit explodes in the background. Oh, and shaky cam. In other words, it's a popcorn movie, but will it be a good one.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Except you won't have Tom Cruise and snotty kids who can't die, because the story is about them. We've got a bunch of nobodies, who I expect to die. Horribly.

esbern

these kids are insane: who is the hottest girl in cloverfield?

look at these responses:

Somehow, Marlena looks really attractive in the pic where she's bleeding out of her face, so she's my pick.

Voted Marlena. Partly because she's cute, partly because I have sympathy for the character who seems to take the biggest pounding in the history of cinema.

When I marry Beth, I will treat her like a princess and she will learn to love me over time...
Soon she will be banging on my door....
But i wont let her out....

their ratio of crazy lunatics is like 1:6.....ours is what, like 1:10 or so?

Damn you J.J. Abrams. When you keep a secret, you really keep a secret. It's almost as if you've been hanging out with Nintendo execs.

I want info.

The movie comes out in 18 days. Give us something. Also, I hate this stupid viral-game that's floating around. It's pure crap. Has anyone else come across this bs?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Mason said:
I thought 'multiple monsters' was confirmed a while back. I think a commercial I saw the other day on TV even showed a silhouette of the smaller monsters behind a plastic sheet hanging from a ceiling.

I got the idea that maybe it infects people almost like a zombie movie. I had huge hype on this one with the first preview, but it's waned with the latest previews, it looks a bit corny. Besides that it IS pg-13 which is a bit dissapointing.

Mason said:
trailer2-1080p2B1747.jpg

This? Those are Hazmat Suit dudes.
pf_slide_clover12.jpg

pf_slide_clover5.jpg

Not sure why Marlena is Exploding, but that will be explained in the film.

Also heres the Sneak Peek they showed on ABC.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f38JetJmb0M

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The thing probably makes people sick. On top of being a devastating monster it probably carries germs/viruses.

Ether_Snake said:
The thing probably makes people sick. On top of being a devastating monster it probably carries germs/viruses.
But if she's traveling with all of the other people, why's she the only one affected? She looks like she's been hurt on her side, possibly by a smaller monster?

Or, it's something connected with the ARG connected to Cloverfield, for which I plan on doing a huge write up on before the movie comes out as it explains the backstory of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom