• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Goddess of war....i really need to get caught up on Wonder Woman already, stopped reading after issue 12 or so but i have all the issues.

We're such a Comics Mob. Someone needs to write a comic about us going around beating up Mark Millar and stealing Greg Land's lunch money. And carrying Remender's books to school and kissing Ales Kot goodnight on the doorstep after a movie date.

jbuEqTYnIwuEGT.PNG

FINALLY

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
We're such a Comics Mob. Someone needs to write a comic about us going around beating up Mark Millar and stealing Greg Land's lunch money. And carrying Remender's books to school and kissing Ales Kot goodnight on the doorstep after a movie date.

It's time to take a stand and start assaulting anyone leaving a comics shop with a Millar comic.

Azuran

Banned
ComicGAF, what's the best site to keep track of future releases of TPB and Hardcovers? I been wanting to start buying those again, but I can't seem to find a site that shows releases in a monthly basis.

Also, on the Marvel side of things, is there a way to know or predict what books are going to get oversize HC treatments? I rather just wait and buy those than buying individual TPB that only collect 1 to 5 issues. Interested in that little tidbit because I want to start collecting the new Thor series but I rather wait a few months if the first 11 issues will all be eventually collected in the same book.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah. Same with Collider/FBP, which is also back in the solicits for single issues. So the worries from last month's solicits are over.

And I just spied on Amazon that Coffin Hill will be collecting the first seven issues in May, so I think that's three of the new Vertigo series all releasing trades a month after the last included issue. Coffin Hill's of the most interest to me, but I almost want to buy all of them just to support this move.

ComicGAF, what's the best site to keep track of future releases of TPB and Hardcovers? I been wanting to start buying those again, but I can't seem to find a site that shows releases in a monthly basis.

This might be helpful: http://www.collectedcomicslibrary.com/collected-edition-release-schedule/

I stumbled on it with a search. It seems like it's relatively well maintained.

I just use Amazon and some custom wishlists, where I effectively bookmark upcoming releases I want. I can't say I know of a service that does any organizing for you. I've got a general list (OGNs, standalones, first volumes), ongoing (for followup volumes to any series I'm already reading), Batman (any/all Bat-related books I care about) and lastly one for anything else DC. So occasionally I'll give a scan if an upcoming book is now listed, add it to my wishlist, and maybe peruse the suggestions that Amazon gives me because that will often include other upcoming releases by the same publisher or writer.

TFAW.com is what I use. You can sort them a bunch of different ways, including by release date.

Okay I have a question. Ultraman's weakness is the sun right? So presumably if he were to go up against Apollo then he wouldn't stand a chance right?

Messi

So I am reading X-Men, well I've read the first 3 and I see the next issue is a battle for atom issue and maybe more after. I know nothing about battle for atom but is this gonna fuck up my stories? Will I know what's going on. I am digging the regular issues and just want more of that. Also, Rogue is awesome.

tim1138

Coffin Hill is pretty great, Caitlin Kittredge does a really good job of capturing that Stephen King-esque New England horror. Inaki Miranda's art is outstanding, I wasn't really familiar with his prior to this series.

JEKKI

comixologu has some xmen sales

and I'm afraid if I buy then it'll make me hate Battle of the Atom that much more lol.

still, probly gonna pick up X-Cutioner's Song.

I'd get the Fatal Attractions too, but u can get it on Kindle or Google Play for cheaper ($16.xx)

I got a Nexus 7... I never bought a comic book off google play but $16 is a decent price for trying it out...

unless ppl here have bad experience and would recommend I do comixology instead

Isak_Borg

comixologu has some xmen sales

and I'm afraid if I buy then it'll make me hate Battle of the Atom that much more lol.

still, probly gonna pick up X-Cutioner's Song.

I'd get the Fatal Attractions too, but u can get it on Kindle or Google Play for cheaper ($16.xx)

I got a Nexus 7... I never bought a comic book off google play but $16 is a decent price for trying it out...

unless ppl here have bad experience and would recommend I do comixology instead

I would recommend comixology... Our guided view tech is pretty awesome.

Surprised Maquinin is not reading Coffin Hill. Seems like something she would like.

I was considering it! I would have probably given it a try but then I decided to go full indie snob and drop all corporate comics. Uh, except for Trillium. But just Trillium and then I'm out! At least until Justice League Canada and She-Hulk. No! No, I won't buy those. Stay strong. I can do this.

Who knows though. I might read Coffin Hill down the road.

Must... resist... adding... more... Marvel...

Marvel Dubs September 2014's "Wolverine" #12 A "Landmark," "Game-Changing" Issue
Marvel Comics has offered retailers an extra incentive to boost orders for February's "Wolverine" #1, and along the way revealed that September 2014's "Wolverine" #12 will be a "landmark" and "game-changing" issue.

Given the use of "Mortal" -- which was the one word used to tease this new "Wolverine" volume when it was announced in November -- Marvel's at least suggesting that Wolverine's healing factor-less status quo won't be going away anytime soon. Timing a significant Marvel release for September is notable, as the month has been a strong one for DC in the past three years; with the launch of The New 52 in 2011, Zero Month in 2012 and Villains Month in 2013 all pushing the publisher to the top of the sales charts.

I was considering it! I would have probably given it a try but then I decided to go full indie snob and drop all corporate comics.

Wait, Image counts as Indy, right? Oh my god, I don't think I could live without Image books. Marvel and DC have been rehashing the same stories forever. But Image? Image!

arkon

Also, on the Marvel side of things, is there a way to know or predict what books are going to get oversize HC treatments? I rather just wait and buy those than buying individual TPB that only collect 1 to 5 issues. Interested in that little tidbit because I want to start collecting the new Thor series but I rather wait a few months if the first 11 issues will all be eventually collected in the same book.

The more popular or critically-acclaimed titles tend to get that sort of treatment. Hard to predict with any certainty because I don't know their policy on it and I'm basically guessing. The only thing you can do is to hold fire on a purchase, keep your eyes peeled for the new solicitations and any mentions of OHCs for that particular series.

That DC New 52 Villains omnibus worth getting?

i can't recall whether you guys approved of villains month or not

I'd say about 50% of the Villains month issues were good. The rest are varying levels of "meh" or bad. Most of the issues are a self contained look into the character, their origins, or an interlude just before Forever Evil starts. If you like most DC villains, I'd say sure, go for it. If you like specific ones I'd just cherry pick single issues.

Messi

I'd say about 50% of the Villains month issues were good. The rest are varying levels of "meh" or bad. Most of the issues are a self contained look into the character, their origins, or an interlude just before Forever Evil starts. If you like most DC villains, I'd say sure, go for it. If you like specific ones I'd just cherry pick single issues.

Also The Joker issue was real awful shit

Caught up on Suicide Squad and Batgirl. Both continue to be great. Kinda saw the last page coming in Batgirl but it doesn't make it any less cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom