• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord |OT| As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service...

Wildebeest

I didn't realise that this game was pay to play. Holy moly, what were they thinking even releasing this on PC. It doesn't even look they bothered to make it play like a PC game.

I spent an hour with it. I'm not sure I would continue to play even if it was free. If this was the multiplayer portion of a larger game with solo/team missions, I could see playing it a bit.

It's pretty generic. I don't know why anyone would choose this over Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO, etc.

I really like the PlayStation integration. Give me the PSN login with cross-progression, trophies, etc and I would buy more PC games.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I spent an hour with it. I'm not sure I would continue to play even if it was free. If this was the multiplayer portion of a larger game with solo/team missions, I could see playing it a bit.

It's pretty generic. I don't know why anyone would choose this over Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO, etc.

I really like the PlayStation integration. Give me the PSN login with cross-progression, trophies, etc and I would buy more PC games.
Honestly? Valorant is shit, CSGO absolutely not interesting and OW has completely different gameplay.

Nydius

Exactly. It's a weaker version of everything that already exists. Unfortunately people pointing that out were largely drowned out by the sea of complaints about character designs and pronouns. I can overlook that shit if the game is good. But this game simply wasn't good. At least not what I played from both beta weekends. It's a game that wants to be a bunch of other games and doesn't copy them particularly well.

You're in the minority on that point, I'm afraid. PSN integration on PC games is a major turnoff for a large portion of the PC community. Look how badly they review bombed Helldivers 2 when they tried to add it, for reference.

SkylineRKR

Sony ignoring the rule of cool is what did this game in.

It doesn't matter how good your gameplay is, if your characters look like shit and make people feel embarrassed to play them then your game is done. Finito. It was over before it even began. If this game had a roster of badass dudes and good-looking ladies it would've done 100 times better.

Fire the character designers and blacklist them from the videogame industry.

Yeah take the First Descendant for example. Its F2P ofcourse, but it looks much cooler. I would rather buy skins for this game than I would for Concord.

They make a sci fi shooter, and keep it as mundane and safe as it gets with ugly characters and even pronouns that contribute to fucking nothing. You can't identify with aliens, why bother.

Yeah take the First Descendant for example. Its F2P ofcourse, but it looks much cooler. I would rather buy skins for this game than I would for Concord.

They make a sci fi shooter, and keep it as mundane and safe as it gets with ugly characters and even pronouns that contribute to fucking nothing. You can't identify with aliens, why bother.
Tbf, they had Bunny :)

Ogbert

Gold Member
Some nose-ringed bellend on Twitch having a meltdown and trying to defend the game against all the nazis hating the game.

These people are so insufferable.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Gaas isnt the problem, going Woke is.

And releasing betas that lack basic features like join-in-progress.
And maybe, just MAYBE the shitty gameplay, horrible design, bland soundtrack, meh graphics, lack of basic QOL features, overused Marvel quips, uninteresting universe has put off any person with a minimum of taste.

Chelsie Whatever GIF by chelsiekenyon

Killjoy-NL

And maybe, just MAYBE the shitty gameplay, horrible design, bland soundtrack, meh graphics, lack of basic QOL features, overused Marvel quips, uninteresting universe has put off any person with a minimum of taste.

Chelsie Whatever GIF by chelsiekenyon
If it weren't for the fact that most people who did play the game actually liked it.
It's a pattern by now, so that isn't the problem.

And that isn't to say the game is fine as is, because I could make quite a list with shit they need to improve/change outside of Woke character design.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If it weren't for the fact that most people who did play the game actually liked it.
It's a pattern by now, so that isn't the problem.
You can always find people with bad taste to buy your shitty game and praise it.

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

And by most people you mean the 600 person on PC (and probably less on console if Helldivers II is anything to go by) that are playing this turd? Probably auto persuasion to not be sad about loosing 40e lmao.

clarky

Gold Member
I think you should rephrase that, because you make it sound like Concord is actual decent PvP.

Which it is, at it's core.

Unless they have made significant changes since the beta, then i wouldn't classify Concord as decent PVP myself, far from it. It has a hell of a lot of issues besides character design.

Ill check it out myself next week when i have more time see if they improved anything simce the beta.

DavidGzz

Redfall was more like … diamond in the rough.

This is more like … polished turd.

Hellblade 2 is a good game, for target audience. No need to drag it here.

Yep, he had me till that. Crying while throwing shade. Some people like The Order type games. It's good for it's genre. Concord is in the f2p genre charging $40 and then scoring a 60. Pass. Even he is passing..

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Hey everyone! We’re excited to share with you all that Concord* is live and available now worldwide on PS5 and PC. So, grab your crew and queue up to take down your rivals, earn cosmetics, and explore the Concord Galaxy. To celebrate this moment, we’re thrilled to debut our brand-new launch gameplay trailer.

Your adventure begins​

Launch is just the first step, and now that Concord is live, your adventure is just beginning! During our first week and every week after, we’ll be premiering our weekly cinematic vignettes in-game. These brief cinematics expand upon the characters and the universe of Concord. We can’t wait for you to learn more about the Crew of the North Star, their journey, and of course their tidy ship in the coming weeks.

Concord launches on PS5 & PC today – 5v5 action, Training Mode, Time Trials, and more awaits

As you start your adventure in Concord, you’ll be able to begin expanding your character roster with the first unlockable Variant for Teo—a former elite soldier turned Freegunner on the Northstar crew. Like all Variants in Concord, this unlockable Variant of Teo will grant you a new cosmetic Outfit for Teo and a unique Combat Trait that modifies his skills and abilities—in this case, giving you extra grenades to deploy in combat. You can use them to clear out areas on the map for your team, or to just make fights a little chaotic. You can expect us to introduce a new Variant every week for you to earn and add to your collection.

Evolving the experience​

Continuing to grow and evolve Concord with our community as we release regular and Seasonal content updates is such an important part of this journey. We poured through all your comments after our beta last month, including your questions about solo modes, leaver penalties, join-in-progress, and more—and we’re excited to share that many of your frequently requested features are available for launch.

With the release of the game today, you’ll be able to learn about some of our Freegunners and game mechanics in-game with a solo Training Mode, as well as special Time Trials. We also heard your suggestions during the beta about having a way to test out Freegunners, their weapons, and their abilities before heading into a match, so based on your feedback, we’re launching with a brand-new Practice Range feature based on your feedback. The team has also made several changes to make Crew Bonuses more apparent during character selection and in Crew Builder based on your feedback.

The lore of the broader Concord Galaxy, the Freegunners, and what awaits you in the Wilds will also expand with the debut of the Galactic Guide—an interactive map that will unlock new lore entries as you play and progress in the game. We can’t wait for you to learn more about the universe, worlds, and characters of Concord.

Ensuring teams are complete is crucial in a multiplayer experience. Following the beta, we’re thrilled to say that backfilling, join-in-progress, and leaver penalties are live in Concord with this week’s launch and will help incentivize players to start—and stay in—complete teams. This is just the start of our updates and refinement of the social experience, and we can’t wait to share more with you in the coming weeks and months.

Concord launches on PS5 & PC today – 5v5 action, Training Mode, Time Trials, and more awaits

Thank you​

Before we head out into the Concord Galaxy with you, we wanted to thank all of you who have been part of the journey to this point, from Concord’s announcement and the jiggle burger teaser to beta and now launch. From the beginning, our dream was to get this game in all your hands and provide you and your friends with the same fun memories we’ve gotten from multiplayer games for years, so we can’t wait to see your clips, streams, and laughs today and beyond.

This is just the beginning, and our team can’t wait to deliver you more updates and content in future seasons. Thank you again from everyone at Firewalk!

To stay up to date with all things Concord, follow us on Twitter/X, Instagram, and TikTok. If you’re looking for a crew to squad up with, be sure to also join the community in the Official Concord Discord.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

You can always find people with bad taste to buy your shitty game and praise it.

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

And by most people you mean the 600 person on PC (and probably less on console if Helldivers II is anything to go by) that are playing this turd? Probably auto persuasion to not be sad about loosing 40e lmao.
Okay.

So what? You're really hung up over me spending those €40 huh?

Last edited:
Can we take a moment to remember Sony made a limited edition controller for this game.

Oh shit what if they have Astrobot cameos, I just can’t

Killjoy-NL

For those enjoying the game, does it do anything better than Overwatch 1 or 2 in terms of gameplay or quality of life?

I think it already sets itself apart by having gameplay similar to Destiny, rather than Overwatch.
There's also much more verticality due to all freerunners having double jump and ability to climb to higher platforms, except for the tanky freerunners.
And you there are no ults, so freerunners are limited to 2 abilities, which makes combat rely more on gunplay.

Then there's the crew-system, which allows for you to create some sort of 'builds'.
Each freerunner you use comes with a crew-bonus, a general buff (like faster reload speed, increased movement speed etc).
Each time you spawn, you gain the buff of said freerunner. Hence why they encourage you to use different freerunners, to gain different general buffs (6 total).

Then there's Variants, which offer the same freerunner with different stats, giving you the ability to 'main' you favorite freerunner, while still being able to make use of the benefits of the crew-system.

That's basically what makes Concord quite different from OW.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Caved in...but I'm having a good time. They really need to lean in towards the deck building feature. It makes quite the difference in gameplay. Make it more interesting instead of just straight foreward buffs. Stacking 3 mobility buffs add an extra dodge, smthg like that.

Killjoy-NL

Dude stop the victimisation complex, I don't give a shit about your 40e I'm talking in general. Crazy how you've been worked on by this :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm just here for the pleasure of this shitty game crashing hard

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV
I don't even feel like a victim though. Just enjoying the game like you don't even exist.🤷🏾‍♂️

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I don't even feel like a victim though. Just enjoying the game like you don't even exist.🤷🏾‍♂️
So why are you bringing everything back to you?

Also you're having fun but you spend most of your time responding in threads about the game, not actually playing? That's weird. If I'm having fun with a game I jsut don't care for anyone else opinion and just play the freakin game, not trying to white knight it or arguing with other who don't like it. I just play for fun and that's it. Also "like you don't even exist" but you feel the need to talk about me without actually quoting me because... it's easier to get away with it if I don't see it right? Unfortunately for you I saw your post in the other thread ;)

You should stop posting there now and go play this "good game" while you can because it's probably gonna be dead in a few months.

Killjoy-NL

So why are you bringing everything back to you?

Also you're having fun but you spend most of your time responding in threads about the game, not actually playing? That's weird. If I'm having fun with a game I jsut don't care for anyone else opinion and just play the freakin game, not trying to white knight it or arguing with other who don't like it. I just play for fun and that's it. Also "like you don't even exist" but you feel the need to talk about me without actually quoting me because... it's easier to get away with it if I don't see it right? Unfortunately for you I saw your post in the other thread ;)

You should stop posting there now and go play this "good game" while you can because it's probably gonna be dead in a few months.
I don't play videogames 24/7.

Also, if I don't like a game, or have no interest in it, I don't even enter an OT even just to look at what's being discussed.
Good that you noticed me talking about you, I thought it wasn't worth it naming you.

And who cares if the game dies?
I already knew it would likely be a flop the moment I spent €40.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I don't play videogames 24/7.
Not shit?! Thank you Captain Obvious but judging by your time spent here you just don't play Concord at all :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Also, if I don't like a game, or have no interest in it, I don't even enter an OT even just to look at what's being discussed.
Good that you noticed me talking about you, I thought it wasn't worth it naming you.
Usually you don't see me in thread for games I dislike/have no interest into but the crash is too big to ignore my friend. It's so funny.

And who cares if the game dies?
I already knew it would likely be a flop the moment I spent €40.
I guess normal people who spend 40e in this will care. Maybe not you, but you are one of a kind.

BlackTron

This is how you build communities. Make a niche game with a $40 entry fee. Everybody willing to play it will buy it and form a tight community because you won't go 3 matches without running into the same person and everyone will agree with other.

Edit: the trick is staying connected after the servers turn off.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Should've bought toys for your kid or anything else that profit him instead of this turd of a game (IT'S A JOKE DON'T GET MAD lmao)
What makes you think I get mad over anything being said on a gaming forum?

I'm not the one getting worked up here. Just wondering why you're here in the OT? It's kinda sad, if you're an adult, tbh.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
What makes you think I get mad over anything being said on a gaming forum?
Look at your history of post?

I'm not the one getting worked up here. Just wondering why you're here in the OT? It's kinda sad, if you're an adult, tbh.
You think it's sad only because you like the game. As I said, I'm just here for the lolz. But you are right, it was fun but now I have something better to do.

Enjoy your dead game!

Killjoy-NL

Look at your history of post?
Show me. I never get mad.
You think it's sad only because you like the game. As I said, I'm just here for the lolz. But you are right, it was fun but now I have something better to do.

Enjoy your dead game!
No, it's sad in general. That's why you never see me in OTs unless I play a game myself.

I also agree with pretty much all criticism, so that isn't a problem either.

Edit:

It would be nice to be able to discuss the actual game in this OT though.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Show me. I never get mad.

No, it's sad in general. That's why you never see me in OTs unless I play a game myself.

I also agree with pretty much all criticism, so that isn't a problem either.

Edit:

It would be nice to be able to discuss the actual game in this OT though.
Whatever makes you happy my friend. As for discussing the game, you are probably like 1k in the world, how many of those players do you think are on GAF?

Yeah, not many people to talk to right?

And now I'm leaving

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

BlackTron

Whatever makes you happy my friend. As for discussing the game, you are probably like 1k in the world, how many of those players do you think are on GAF?

Yeah, not many people to talk to right?

And now I'm leaving

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

We ran then all away. He'll have to talk about it in the safe space where they all regrouped together.

The real origin story of the 7 dwarfs.

Top Bottom