• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord |OT| As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service...

Robb

Gold Member
I got banned from the purple forum for saying that Black Myth Wukong is a good game while Concord is a bad game. lol
lhzcuiZ.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
If a say something like that here, I think people would just goofing around me. But there, if you say something that the people don't agree, you just get a ban. I'm not mad, but those guys had their brains melted.
Absolutely mate, im no mod but you can express who you feel around these parts even if your in a minority without fear of a ban. Hope you have a thick skin though lol.

Free thinking is not allowed over there.

MiguelItUp

I got banned from the purple forum for saying that Black Myth Wukong is a good game while Concord is a bad game. lol
I don't understand why anyone bothers going there anymore. If things are amusing to you, alright, go have fun, lol. But man, we've had too many examples of wtf behavior. It's like sticking a fork in an outlet and being surprised you get shocked, lmao.

People with all kinds of silly opinions need to realize a good game is a good game regardless of your personal opinion on it. If something offends you or whatever. Concord, is by no means good, it is incredibly average/fine and pales in comparison to other games in the market, and free ones at that. It's so weird to me that people are defending it so hard, but hey, people can be weird, lol.

Wukong's success is awesome, regardless of how you feel about a number of things or if the game isn't your cup of tea. We should all just want more good games, lol.

Alebrije

HirokiTotoki.jpg

Not happy faces Will be next days on Sony and deserved...Gaas is risky. they spent a Lot of money on this Game You can tell from the firsth trailer that has Disney /Dreamworks animation Quality...hope they learn.

DryvBy

If someone buys this for me, I'll stream it tonight. Write it off as charity on your taxes. Not for me but for the poor unemployed devs when this doesn't sell.

The game is now fluctuating between 600 and 622 players.
I wonder if this is going to be today's peak player count.
It’s only 2:30 in the afternoon (EST).

I’m not saying this game is going to flourish. I am saying that it’s not even after work hours, on release day, on PC, on a single digital store.

kaizenkko

I don't understand why anyone bothers going there anymore. If things are amusing to you, alright, go have fun, lol. But man, we've had too many examples of wtf behavior. It's like sticking a fork in an outlet and being surprised you get shocked, lmao.

People with all kinds of silly opinions need to realize a good game is a good game regardless of your personal opinion on it. If something offends you or whatever. Concord, is by no means good, it is incredibly average/fine and pales in comparison to other games in the market, and free ones at that. It's so weird to me that people are defending it so hard, but hey, people can be weird, lol.

Wukong's success is awesome, regardless of how you feel about a number of things or if the game isn't your cup of tea. We should all just want more good games, lol.
As I've said, I'm not mad or nothing like that. I just post there because I wanted to prove a point: if a game (being a new IP from a first time studio) sold 10 fucking million, it's because they have made a good game and yeah, they deserve some respect. But people there just don't even think about that. They have choose to "glorify" Concord just for being a "inclusive title", and that's pretty stupid.

BigBeauford

These publishers got greedy with the "free" money in the early 2020s by funding so much nonsense that is just now floating to the top of the toilet bowl. They are going to lose their asses on projects like these, and now are going to have such an uphill climb digging out with the way interest rates are today.

winjer

Gold Member
It’s only 2:30 in the afternoon (EST).

I’m not saying this game is going to flourish. I am saying that it’s not even after work hours, on release day, on PC, on a single digital store.

EMEA is a huge market. And Steam is the biggest gaming digital store in the world, by far.

PeteBull

Gold Member
If someone buys this for me, I'll stream it tonight. Write it off as charity on your taxes. Not for me but for the poor unemployed devs when this doesn't sell.
Those devs got big salaries for doing shit job 8 years long, let them suffer a bit, if they are programers/coders and not useless wokeists they will find another job no probs xD

I keep on saying it: Even if the character design was interesting, this game still doesn't offer anything that others don't. The others even do it for free. What is the real incentive to buy and choose this over the similar games?
And with Marvel Rivals on the horizon as well.

nikos

~600 CCU launch is way less than I expected.

How many Go Woke Go Broke tag submissions would it take for it to show up on the Steam page?

Last edited:

nikos

40K on Overwatch 2 right now, and Steam isn't even its main platform.

"Overwhelmingly Negative" though.

Cyberpunkd

If Sony wasn't so out of touch with its audience then they should've pulled the plug right after the reveal.
Who is Sony? There had to be a manager or most likely a director signing with his/her name on the decision and they would never have done that, especially after by reveal time the game was already many years in the making. You do not make a decision like this working in a corporation, your ability to get promoted is directly related to not rustling any feathers.

Cyberpunkd

Official polish playstation channel gonna stream 2h of it today, ofc its part of marketing deal/promotion, not actual paid player/copy of the game, and the guy will play it on playstation obviously

For comparision he streamed over 4h of wukong yesterday, but looks like only 2h of concord stream tonite, looks like its his mental limit :p

Some serious copium going on right now.

If this game had a CS/Valorant style asymmetrical plant the bomb, capture the flag, move the payload, whatever, I would be interested. Instead it has the uninspired Destiny/COD hold the waypoints, deathmatch, etc. I guess it is an arena shooter rather than a team-based objective game.

I thought about buying on Steam just to demo for two hours, but knowing I would want to play on PS5, which is paywalled behind PSPlus, I wouldn't end up buying it unless it was really fun.

I've watched several streams now and EVERY SINGLE TIME they are always that goofy girl with the uzi. Is there some sort of agreement with the publisher that they can only stream this character or what?

edit: for fuck's sake, watched some more on twitch and again, every single person is only playing that goofy girl with the uzi. "itzi" or something? Can I actually see someone else in action for a change?

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Concord has 822 viewers on Twitch. That's roughly 6x what Dustborn has right now - a brand new game published by a AAA studio - and you guys are still calling it a bomb? Smh ain't no pleasing some people.

Markio128

Gold Member
I stand by the philosophy that, if you create something, and one person enjoys what you have created, then it’s a success.

Obviously with the caveat that the thing you created didn’t take 8 years to make, and cost millions. That would Be stoopid.

Sushi_Combo

If this game had a CS/Valorant style asymmetrical plant the bomb, capture the flag, move the payload, whatever, I would be interested. Instead it has the uninspired Destiny/COD hold the waypoints, deathmatch, etc. I guess it is an arena shooter rather than a team-based objective game.

I thought about buying on Steam just to demo for two hours, but knowing I would want to play on PS5, which is paywalled behind PSPlus, I wouldn't end up buying it unless it was really fun.

I was so puzzled as to why they didn't offer more of these types of game modes, especially payload. That would work really well in this game.

clarky

Gold Member

Its got josh Hamricks paws all over it. The guy who had a hand in the worst Bungie Halo MP, Reach and Destiny Crucible. So its no surprise its lacklustre

Honestly, the game just never looked interesting at all. It wasn't very impressive and people have copious amounts of things to choose from that have considerably more flash or substance that are *free*.

This game launching at any sort of price essentially killed it, though I doubt it would've fared MUCH better F2P, but it probably would've done *some* better.

SJRB

Gold Member
Honestly, the game just never looked interesting at all. It wasn't very impressive and people have copious amounts of things to choose from that have considerably more flash or substance that are *free*.

This game launching at any sort of price essentially killed it, though I doubt it would've fared MUCH better F2P, but it probably would've done *some* better.

Sony ignoring the rule of cool is what did this game in.

It doesn't matter how good your gameplay is, if your characters look like shit and make people feel embarrassed to play them then your game is done. Finito. It was over before it even began. If this game had a roster of badass dudes and good-looking ladies it would've done 100 times better.

Fire the character designers and blacklist them from the videogame industry.

Top Bottom