• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
pdVU2Uu.jpg

Don't let me down DC. Make him happen.

Ah, they finally have
an actual plan

Just like Zoom.

ZeroX03

Banned
Legends of Tomorrow Boss Teases Finale's Fights 'Across History,' Weighs In on TV's Time Travel Craze

Legends gets a fair share of criticism from people who are like, “Wow, they’re really fast and loose with the time travel rules.” To that I say, “Yeah, guilty as charged.”
Without spoiling what I think is actually a really cool, fun moment, I will say that Patrick’s appearance serves to plant a flag for next year. We have a very definitive endpoint to the Vandal Savage story, and Patrick’s role really serves to give you a very good sense as to where we’re headed next year.

bea3127b85caa07563c8a6b576c4.jpeg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sara's White Canary gear looks so good. I hope she leads the team, or becomes the defacto mission leader next season.

Corpekata

Banned
They need to fight a team or something next season. Or a powerful villain with nearly as powerful underlings so we don't see a bunch of fucking up all the time to let the target get away. Gives them something to take out every few episodes.

ZeroX03

Banned
They need to fight a team or something next season. Or a powerful villain with nearly as powerful underlings so we don't see a bunch of fucking up all the time to let the target get away. Gives them something to take out every few episodes.

What if they were to fight... an entire planet?

ZeroX03

Banned
I highly doubt Thanagar is a possibility

Okay, a season set on Thanagar, probably not. No reason an invasion arc couldn't be possible though. Some casual time jumping but mostly set in the dystopian future already established. They've got the Hawk wing assets all ready too.

Joni

They can easily fight an army of humanish looking alien dudes attacking Earth with one or two glimpses of the planet.

ZeroX03

Banned
Here's the description of the show from upfronts, keep in mind they're still casting but the credits are up to date as of what's known publicly. For example Echo Kellum was added to Arrow's description.

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) assembled a disparate group of both heroes and villains – including Firestorm (Victor Garber and Franz Drameh), Atom (Brandon Routh), White Canary (Caity Lotz), Hawkgirl (Ciarra Reneé), Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), and Heatwave (Dominic Purcell) – to confront an unstoppable threat.
After saving the world, the Legends of Tomorrow now are charged with protecting time — the past, present, and future — itself. This responsibility will take them across history, bringing them up against a threat unlike humanity has ever known.

Joni

God damn it. The 23 episodes is far too much for these shows. Hell 16 was too much for this season when they were still figuring out how they were approaching the show.

They're adding experienced staff, they're looking at more cross-overs. They are clearly preparing to handle the transistion.

Joni

Flash and Arrow have both of those things and are far too long at 23 episodes.

Can't say I agree with that sentiment. They need that much time to show Oliver, Barry and Kara are making a difference in their struggle. Batman, Iron Man, Daredevil, ... who take down one villain every couple of years aren't good crime fighters.

Can't say I agree with that sentiment. They need that much time to show Oliver, Barry and Kara are making a difference in their struggle. Batman, Iron Man, Daredevil, ... who take down one villain every couple of years aren't good crime fighters.

You know perfectly well that Batman has a substantial rogue's gallery. And taking down one villain every couple of years is absurd. They're bound to be limited in what they can do in the span of one movie.

Ithil

The budgets are too spread out, and the episodes start to get very repetitive, especially Arrow, which has really fallen into an episode pattern. Their main plots are also too thin to fill the 23 episodes. If they were cut down to 16 episodes the pacing would be vastly improved and the budget issues could be partially mitigated.

The Flash I can see a mild argument for in that they at least try to greatly mine the comics for the filler episodes, but Arrow really doesn't do much with its extra time.

Joni

You know perfectly well that Batman has a substantial rogue's gallery. And taking down one villain every couple of years is absurd. They're bound to be limited in what they can do in the span of one movie.

Indeed, which is why long running shows work better. More time to actually show that rogue gallery which they don't have with the movies. Bale Batman took down about five villains over ten years that we saw. That sucks.

ZeroX03

Banned
The budgets are too spread out, and the episodes start to get very repetitive, especially Arrow, which has really fallen into an episode pattern. Their main plots are also too thin to fill the 23 episodes. If they were cut down to 16 episodes the pacing would be vastly improved and the budget issues could be partially mitigated.

The Flash I can see a mild argument for in that they at least try to greatly mine the comics for the filler episodes, but Arrow really doesn't do much with its extra time.

If you think a lower episode count will mean an increased budget per episode, you're mistaken. The show will be more expensive per episode to produce because they're earning less overall not because of more money spent on the show.

One of the advantages Netflix has is they get more time with the same amount of money and can be a lot more flexible with how and when they shoot. Network stuff doesn't have that advantage.

At the same time, the show came into its own those last six episodes.

You're not wrong. Some insane decision making aside, it has been pretty great the last few episodes.

Now imagine if they had cut out the filler and we just this level of quality throughout the entire season.

Joni

You're not wrong. Some insane decision making aside, it has been pretty great the last few episodes.

Now imagine if they had cut out the filler and we just this level of quality throughout the entire season.

They wouldn't have reached that point, it is a matter of growing into it. They would have stopped before it became good.

Blader

I'm not sure if I'll stick around for next season, but I hope they at least get rid of the Hawks. They're a drag on the show, and Kendra makes Ray a complete mope.

Not a fan of killing off Cold, but I guess he'll back in some capacity somewhere down the line. I didn't really feel anything when he died, but that's probably because I saw a "Wentworth Miller exits Legends" headline before I could see it. :lol

Sara's hair looked great in the last ep.

doop_

Banned
I am actually really excited for the finale tonight for some reason. The synopsis for next season sounds like they can have more villain of the week like Flash and Arrow, i think it is for the best.

According to Guggy, the mystery man in the finale tonight is not
Alan Scott

Very interesting. I met Andy Poon recently who does character design for The Flash/Legends and he wouldn't say or didn't know if
Alan Scott
was going to be in Legends but did say he has done that design. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tim1138

Very interesting. I met Andy Poon recently who does character design for The Flash/Legends and he wouldn't say or didn't know if
Alan Scott
was going to be in Legends but did say he has done that design. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Guggenheim pretty emphatically says it's not him (spoiler tags added just to play it safe)

Some fans believe Patrick is
Earth-2's Green Lantern, Alan Scott.

I'll tell you right now, because I never want anyone to be disappointed, he's not
Alan Scott
. I love
Alan Scott
. I've written
Alan Scott
in the comics. In the poll of "who it's going to be," you can cross off
Alan Scott

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A void opens in front of our heroes.

Adam West Batman emerges.

Your world is in danger, friends.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Bring in Zed from Constantine. Just because.

ZeroX03

Banned
Guggenheim pretty emphatically says it's not him (spoiler tags added just to play it safe)

Some fans believe Patrick is
Earth-2's Green Lantern, Alan Scott.

I'll tell you right now, because I never want anyone to be disappointed, he's not
Alan Scott
. I love
Alan Scott
. I've written
Alan Scott
in the comics. In the poll of "who it's going to be," you can cross off
Alan Scott

Hype deflated....

I don't see why the movies would want Alan Scott, as they suggested. He's the only one you wouldn't just shoehorn in with the corps. They wouldn't even have to call him Green Lantern, just call him Sentinel or Starheart or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom